Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

CVS Deals Discussion - February/March '10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#1 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 29, 2008 - 7:03 pm

ALL discussion about CVS deals, coupons, and promotions for the month will take place in this thread. Please do not start a new thread, as they will promptly be CLOSED and you will be directed to post in the new thread.

Welcome to the joys of CVS Shopping! Here are some quick details to help you out:

What is the CVS Extra Care Program?
The CVS Extra Care program is CVS’s shopping card. You can sign up for a card in store or online at https://www.cvs.com/...MSG=XTRACAREMSG
With this card, you will have access to their weekly and monthly sale prices. If you do not present your card, you will not be given these sale prices or qualify for the Extra Care Bucks rewards.

The greatest benefit of this program is the Extra Care Bucks portion.

What is an Extra Care Bucks?
Every month, along with every week, CVS runs sales on particular items where if you buy that item, you will receive a coupon at the end of your receipt with Extra Care Bucks (aka ECBs) that you can use on your next purchase.

For example, let’s say Garnier Fructis shampoo is on sale for 2.99 with $2.00 in ECBs. This means you will have to pay the 2.99 upfront for the shampoo, but at the end of your receipt, you will receive a $2.00 ECB that you can use on a future purchase at CVS. It’s like you only paid $0.99 for a bottle of shampoo!

At the end of each quarter, CVS will also add up all your spending, and give you a rebate in ECBs based on your spending, which is 2% of the total amount. That’s EXTRA money just for buying items at CVS!

Can I use manufacturer’s coupons?
Certainly! Using the example above with the Garnier Fructis shampoo – there are regularly coupons for 1.00 off your purchase of one (1) bottle of their shampoo. The item will ring up at 2.99, then you can use your coupon for 1.00 off, so you wind up paying 1.99 for the item. You STILL get the $2.00 ECB reward – so it’s like getting it for free!

Wow! Can I do this over and over?
Unfortunately, there are limits to all the sales. Check the weekly ad and the monthly sales books for the limits. When we post the sales here, we will also list the limits.

Can I have more than one CVS card?
The answer in general is no. However, if you have access to another address/name/phone number, you may be able to get a second card.

What about prescriptions?
Whenever you fill a prescription, make sure the pharmacy scans your card! Each prescription is 0.50 in ECBs that will be paid out at the end of the quarter.

Can I use the ECBs I earn to pay for prescriptions?
Unfortunately, no. They can only be used on store purchases.

CVS and Coupons
CVS has a great coupon program. When you sign up for your card, make sure to check that you want CVS to email you coupons and offers. This will put you on their mailing list for future coupons!

Most of the CVS coupons are for a certain amount of dollars off a minimum dollar purchase. For example, to start, CVS will email you a coupon to save $4.00 on a $20.00 purchase.

When entering your store, look for the CVS card scanning/price checking machine. Scan your card upon entry every time for additional coupons and incentives! Sometimes it's 3.00/10.00 of CVS products, or something FREE!

Stacking coupons - I am sad to report the end of coupon stacking, but you can read the details below in the spoiler.

Spoiler

What do they do about B1G1 (buy one, get one free) coupons? I have 2 coupons for the B1G1 covergirl lip product. If I got 2 lip products and used the two coupons would I get both for free or do the B1G1 coupons ring stuff up for 1/2 price?

CVS rings up the first item at full price and the second item rings up free. So if you have a BOGO free coupon, you would get both items free.

PLEASE NOTE: YMMV (your mileage may vary.) Some stores may not process it, some cashiers may be confused, but in general, the above should happen.

How to use your ECBs
Please note that you cannot use your ECBs:
- on pharmacy co-pays
- on the purchase of gift cards
Also, ECBs are tied to YOUR card. You will not be able to use the ECBs that are earned by other people. You must also present your card in order to use your ECBs.

Please note that your ECBs do have an expiration date and to be mindful of it. If they do expire, you may be able to have customer service reactivate them. Please contact CVS customer service at 800-SHOP-CVS.

ECBs can only be used on the PRETAX amount of your purchase. If your pre-tax purchase is 3.99 and you only have a $4.00 ECB, you will not be able to use that ECB – you must use smaller denominations.

I bought something that comes with ECBs but it didn’t print out. What gives?!
Check to see if you had previously hit the limit on the offer. It will print on your receipt. Also make sure you bought the correct item or version of the product. If you had not hit the limit, please contact customer service at 800-SHOP-CVS and they will add it to your card to print the next time you are in store.

THE GROUND RULES:
1. Post your experiences shopping at CVS, the deal combos you have found, and the unmarked clearance/ECB deals you have found at your store. Also post your general location if you are comfortable.
2. Do not post links to non CVS authorized coupons. They will be edited out. Authentic CVS coupons come from cvs.com or are located at akamaitech.com.
3. Keep non CVS chatter to a minimum. This is first and foremost a deals discussion. Anything going too far off topic will be deleted.

If you have links to printable coupons for items on sale this week at CVS, also post those for others to share.

Play nice!

GO BRUINS!

#2 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 29, 2008 - 7:04 pm

Monthly Deals - February
The monthly deals now are called "Clip free coupons" Is this the end of the monthly free ECB deal in the monthly book?

Weekly Deals:
Check your Local CVS for your weekly deals, as the deals are regional:
http://cvs.shoplocal...tezip= ZIP Code

GO BRUINS!

#3 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 31, 2010 - 10:59 pm

Happy February!

GO BRUINS!

#4 txsupermom  OFFLINE  

txsupermom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 1, 2010 - 11:05 am

Stopped by CVS and scanned my ECB card, got "$3 off any Glade Home Fragrance Collection". They have a 2.0 oz soy based Currants & Acai for $3.24, so got the candle for .24. Also, lots of markdowns in cosmetics. Got a Rimmel plumping lip gloss that was 75% off (rang up 1.75) and I had a $1 off MQ, so got that for .75. They had other brands marked down too, but I didn't have time to look around. Never got the fragrances for 90% off like last year. Does anyone know if they ever went? I'm thinking I missed the window and now they are all back to regular price.

#5 disneynutangie  OFFLINE  

disneynutangie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 1, 2010 - 10:26 pm

As far as I know they only went to 50% and I have not seen any left in the stores around here.

#6 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 2, 2010 - 8:59 am

picked up a 3 pack of Burts Bees chapstick for 2.75. Down from 9.99 - so 75% off. It came with a little wallet with a place to store your Burts! how cute!

#7 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 3, 2010 - 9:30 am

wow .. got another $5/$30 purchase coupon. I go like a whole year without seeing one and then I get 2 in the span of less than 1 month.

#8 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 3, 2010 - 10:06 am

There is a 5/20 in my local paper this morning.

GO BRUINS!

#9 ixrayu05  OFFLINE  

ixrayu05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 5, 2010 - 12:03 pm

Double Bucks Program Details
The program runs from January 17th through March 15th, 2010. Individual earnings start from the sign-up date. Extra Bucks will not be rewarded retroactively. Your Double Bucks earnings will be combined with your quarterly Extra Bucks payout, beginning April 1st.

4% BACK ON CVS/PHARMACY BRAND ITEMS*

Instead of earning 2% back on CVS brand items, your earnings will Double to 4% back.

$2 EXTRA BUCKS FOR EVERY 2 PRESCRIPTIONS PURCHASED**

Instead of earning $1 Extra Buck for every 2
prescriptions, your earnings will Double to $2 Extra Bucks for every 2 prescriptions purchased.

http://www.cvs.com/C...oLandingId=1177
If it's on sale...I will buy it!:yup:

#10 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 8, 2010 - 4:39 pm

I have a question, if someone knows the answer. This is an example, for now, not the actual sale Let's say CVS has this: Spend $15 on Pantene, get $5 Extra Care Bucks And you have a Printable $3 off of $15 purchase at CVS (the one's they email you) You purchase $15 Pantene stuff, then give you $3 off $15 coupon, will you get the $5 extra care bucks? Or do you need to have $18 worth of the stuff, since you are getting $3 off? What about if you are using MFG Coupons? I may have a really good idea for a CVS run using 4 transactions, but need these questions answered for sure. Thanks for anyone's help.

#11 junkietiger14  OFFLINE  

junkietiger14

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Feb 8, 2010 - 5:57 pm

I have a question, if someone knows the answer.

This is an example, for now, not the actual sale

Let's say CVS has this:

Spend $15 on Pantene, get $5 Extra Care Bucks

And you have a Printable $3 off of $15 purchase at CVS (the one's they email you)

You purchase $15 Pantene stuff, then give you $3 off $15 coupon, will you get the $5 extra care bucks? Or do you need to have $18 worth of the stuff, since you are getting $3 off?

What about if you are using MFG Coupons?

I may have a really good idea for a CVS run using 4 transactions, but need these questions answered for sure.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Here are the answer:
$15 purchase for the P&G is before cpns (both CVS & MFG cpn) so you only need $15 worth of P&G products to get the $5 ECB. Pre-cpn.

#12 ixrayu05  OFFLINE  

ixrayu05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 8, 2010 - 6:21 pm

You only need $15 worth of items, the good thing with that combo is that you can also use MC, and really lower your OOP!
If it's on sale...I will buy it!:yup:

#13 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 8, 2010 - 9:43 pm

The only crappy part is I see in my ad, they priced pantene at 2.99, so if you get 5, it'll be 14.95, so you need to work a different combo to get up and over the $15 minimum.

GO BRUINS!

#14 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 9, 2010 - 5:06 am

The only crappy part is I see in my ad, they priced pantene at 2.99, so if you get 5, it'll be 14.95, so you need to work a different combo to get up and over the $15 minimum.

I hate when they do that!

#15 cheryl4books  OFFLINE  

cheryl4books

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Feb 9, 2010 - 7:35 am

I am in So Cal and our Pantene is 2 for $7.

#16 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 9, 2010 - 8:03 am

Thanks guys!

Yeah I noticed that too. But, with that said, I'll work now on this deal and get it posted. I just hope I do it right, lol.
It's way too snowy out, got a big storm yesterday/last night, so i am NOT going to venture out today to try it, but hopefully tomorrow.

#17 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 9, 2010 - 8:32 am

Transaction 1:
EC Deal: Spend $15, Get $5 Extra Care Bucks

Gillette Venus Embrace or Breeze Razor
$9 w/Card
($2 on Venus Embrace or Breeze Razor mfg Coupon) - P&G Insert
---------
$7

There is also this coupon:
Buy Venus Embrace or Breeze Razor, Get Olay Body Wash Free, mfg Coupon - P&G Insert

Perfect 10 Hair Color
$9.99 w/Card
($5 on Perfect 10 Hair Color mfg Coupon) - P&G Insert
----------
$4.99

Pantene Hair Care
$7 for Two
($2 on Purchase of Two Pantene mfg Coupon)
----------
$5 for Two

Transaction 1 Costs:
Now you are at $16.99 out of pocket
- I have a $3 off of $15 Coupon (one from a previous purchase and one in my email)
$13.99 OOP for me
Receive $5 Extra Care Bucks

Transaction 2:

Men's Gillette Fusion Manual or Power Razor
$8.99 w/Card
($4 on Gillette Fusion Razor mfg Coupon) - P&G Insert
----------
$4.99
Receive $4 Extra Care Bucks

Men's Gillette Body Wash
$4 w/Card
($2 on Gillette Body Wash mfg Coupon) - P&G insert
----------
$2

Transaction 2 Costs:

$6.99
Use your $5 Extra Care Bucks from Transaction 1
$1.99 Out Of Pocket
$4 Extra Care Bucks Earned

Transaction 3:

Febreeze Noticeables Starter Kit
$6.49 w/Card
($4 Febreeze Noticeables Starter Kit mfg Coupon) - P&G Insert
-----------
$2.49

Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo/Conditioner/Styling Product
$2.88 w/Card
(Buy 1 Herbal Essences Shampoo/Condition/Styling Product, Get 1 Free Styling Product mfg coupon) - P&G
------------
$2.88 for Two - one HAVING to be a styling product for the freebie

Transaction 3 Costs:
$5.37
($4 Extra Care Bucks from Transaction 2)
----------
$1.37 OOP

=====================================

$20.35 Total OOP ($17.35 if you have a $3 off of $15 CVS Coupon) and you bought:
  • Venus Embrace or Breeze Razor
  • Perfect 10 Hair Color
  • 2 Pantene Hair Care Products
  • Men's Gillette Fusion Manual or Power Razor
  • Men's Gillette Body Wash
  • Febreeze Noticeables Starter Kit
  • Clairol Herbal Essences Shampoo/Conditioner/Styling Product
  • 1 Clairol Herbal Essences Styling Product

Add to that this deal, I'm sure with all of the clearance items you could really make this work to your best:

Cover Girl Make Up
Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off w/Card
(Buy 1 Get 1 Free Cover Girl Face Product mfg Coupon) P&G Insert
(Save $1 on Any Cover Girl Product mfg Coupon) P&G Insert

#18 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 9, 2010 - 8:45 am

One other deal: Cheerio's Buy 1 Get 1 Free w/Card (limit 6) I don't know the price for sure in-store, but the online price was $4.49 I have 2 Save $1 on Three Cheerio's mfg Coupons So: 6 Boxes Cheerios $13.47 ($2 - using 2 mfg coupons) ------- $11.47 for Six Boxes, that's $1.91 a box

#19 deanabrown  OFFLINE  

deanabrown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 13, 2010 - 6:29 pm

Saw this crest toothpaste deal, like getting it free after ECBs (2-14 to 2-20): Crest Pro-Health Enamel Shield Toothpaste $3.50 ($3.50 ECB -limit 2 offers per household) Mfr Coupon (in P&G insert) $1 off two If you buy two, your cost would be $7.00 less $1.00 in mfr coupons = $6.00 Then you would get $7.00 in ECBs. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

#20 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 15, 2010 - 8:42 am

Olay facial cleansers are 6.99 this week. There is a $15 Olay rebate if you buy 3 products - which makes these free - or a money maker if you can find coupons!

http://forums.gottad...477#post1707477

Edited by AndreaInNC, Feb 16, 2010 - 5:02 am.
wrong price

#21 KC-Traderbear  OFFLINE  

KC-Traderbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 16, 2010 - 7:50 am

So, the Coke sale this week at CVS is the best I've seen ANYWHERE in a very long time... (what's up with Coke anyway?) I used to be able to find their 12 packs for $2.50 each quite often and at many places (Target, grocery stores, etc.) THAT'S probably another discussion... My question here is whether anyone knows how 'smart' the registers are about limiting 2 of these deals "per card" as it states in the ad. I've done the deal twice now, but am thinking I'd like to do it one more time just to make sure that I've got enough soda on hand since we were down to our last 3 cans when (THANK GOD) CVS came through with the price I've been waiting for. I found good expiration dates (end of May), so if I can do this deal one more time, that should hold us for awhile. Has anyone tried to do the coke deal more than twice? OR is anyone familiar with how smart the Extra Care cards are in limiting these deals? Any help would be appreciated! I'd just go out and try it myself, which I probably will, but I have a nasty sinus infection and am not feeling like making an unnecessary trip. (I did the first 2 deals while I was at the pharmacy picking up my antibiotics! :)

#22 junkietiger14  OFFLINE  

junkietiger14

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Feb 16, 2010 - 8:30 am

My question here is whether anyone knows how 'smart' the registers are about limiting 2 of these deals "per card" as it states in the ad. I've done the deal twice now, but am thinking I'd like to do it one more time just to make sure that I've got enough soda on hand since we were down to our last 3 cans when (THANK GOD) CVS came through with the price I've been waiting for. I found good expiration dates (end of May), so if I can do this deal one more time, that should hold us for awhile.

Has anyone tried to do the coke deal more than twice? OR is anyone familiar with how smart the Extra Care cards are in limiting these deals?

Usually, the ECBs are programmed properly nationwide. So if the limit in the ad says 2, it is 2 and there are very few expections. The best way to check is at the bottom your most recent receipt, it will say whether or not you have reached the limit on the offer for that card. If it says "Offer limit reached" - then it will not print any more ECBs for you. If it doesn't say that - then you will be able to do another one. There are times where the limit is more than what the ad says, but the tell-all is to check the bottom of your receipt. Once it changes to "Offer limit reached" -- it will not print any more ECBs for that deal for that particular card.

#23 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 16, 2010 - 8:30 am

does it say at the bottom or your receipt "offer limit reached" on the Coke promo? I find Pepsi/Coke products cheapest at our local gas stations lately.

#24 KC-Traderbear  OFFLINE  

KC-Traderbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 16, 2010 - 10:01 am

Usually, the ECBs are programmed properly nationwide. So if the limit in the ad says 2, it is 2 and there are very few expections. The best way to check is at the bottom your most recent receipt, it will say whether or not you have reached the limit on the offer for that card. If it says "Offer limit reached" - then it will not print any more ECBs for you. If it doesn't say that - then you will be able to do another one. There are times where the limit is more than what the ad says, but the tell-all is to check the bottom of your receipt. Once it changes to "Offer limit reached" -- it will not print any more ECBs for that deal for that particular card.

Well.... I'm not sure I follow you only because this isn't an offer that is giving me any ECBs. It is simply a buy 3 12 packs, get 1 free-- but you have to use your Extra Care Card to get the deal.

I looked at my receipt and it doesn't say anything about "limit reached". The only place that I've seen the wording is in the ad and that says "limit 2 per card". I'm kinda thinking that I will probably be able to do it a third time. Maybe the verbiage in the ad is only meant to prevent people from coming into one store and wiping them clean of all 12 packs in one purchase.

I will probably try again later in the week. I'm pretty sure that most of the coke shelves are bare by now after 2 days into the ad. I pretty specifically want the Diet Cherry or Cherry Zero and those aren't always easy to find during a good sale. Hopefully I'll be feeling more like getting out later in the week too.

#25 junkietiger14  OFFLINE  

junkietiger14

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Feb 16, 2010 - 11:10 am

Well.... I'm not sure I follow you only because this isn't an offer that is giving me any ECBs. It is simply a buy 3 12 packs, get 1 free-- but you have to use your Extra Care Card to get the deal.

I looked at my receipt and it doesn't say anything about "limit reached". The only place that I've seen the wording is in the ad and that says "limit 2 per card". I'm kinda thinking that I will probably be able to do it a third time. Maybe the verbiage in the ad is only meant to prevent people from coming into one store and wiping them clean of all 12 packs in one purchase.

I will probably try again later in the week. I'm pretty sure that most of the coke shelves are bare by now after 2 days into the ad. I pretty specifically want the Diet Cherry or Cherry Zero and those aren't always easy to find during a good sale. Hopefully I'll be feeling more like getting out later in the week too.

Oh - I thought it was a ECB promo! if it's just a sale with using your extracare card then it's based on your store and how they limit you. I would only do what the ad limits per trip. But you should be able to go back and do it again. I don't think that the card keeps track of the sales only - just the ECB promos.

#26 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 16, 2010 - 1:09 pm

I have 4.00 in ECB's expiring tomorrow and nothing that worthwhile to get. There's a Cover Girl ECB deal this week, but I don't see anything on sale that I'd want. I guess I'll check it out. :(

GO BRUINS!

#27 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 16, 2010 - 1:25 pm

Aussie products were 2.99 with $2 ECB, Crest toothpaste is 3.50 with 3.50 in ECBs, Colgate toothpaste is 2.99 with $2 ECB. also Glade products are spend $12 get $4 ECB and there are tons of Glade coupons out there.

#28 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 17, 2010 - 8:10 am

Not a big fan of Aussie hair products, and I have enough toothpaste. I don't need the hubs to start rolling his eyes at the collection again. I might just buy flour for 1.99 and something else to use it up. I'll be going to another CVS after work, as the one I checked this morning didn't have a good makeup selection for the Cover Girl deal.

GO BRUINS!

#29 junkietiger14  OFFLINE  

junkietiger14

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Feb 17, 2010 - 11:15 am

I burned $15 in ECBs on ice cream, drinks and other non-ecb producing items. There are just some times when I don't want to have to roll anything. It's not too economical but I guess I don't feel bad when it's done. (maybe when it gets warmer out here).

#30 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 17, 2010 - 6:09 pm

Well, I went in intending to buy the 1.99 Gold Medal flour and wound up getting the Pillsbury for 1.70 on clearance. :tongue1:

GO BRUINS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users