Headset

Could someone recommend a headset that is reasonably priced? I saw a few in stores for 20 but i was hoping to get them cheaper online. I dont know much about headsets but I care that the mic is good...if the headphones arent the best it doesnt matter-I dont need noise cancelling technology.

oh btw i'm gonna be using this for dragon naturally speaking voice recognition software so i presume i'll need noise cancelling mic even though the mic will be right next to my face.

Your local Target store should have the Altec Lansing AHS-202 for $16.99 out the door.

However there is a newer version, the AHS-202i

PCClub.com has this for $9.99 not sure how much shipping is

http://www.pcclub.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A5127000

Here's a CHEAP headset for $9.95 shipped, reviews are so-so

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16826106502

Honestly, the decent headsets start at $35

darnit..35? Well let me ask you...should I buy a cheap one for 10 bucks that hopefully does the job of converting my speech into text or buy a nice good one for like 50-80?

The way i see things is, if the 10 bucks ones break i can buy a new one no sweat but if the 80 dollar ones break thats hurtful...

I wouldn't go cheaper than $20, that Altec Lansing is really nice.

I'll give you a live demonstration on the sound quality, do me a favor download Skype and install it. Let me know what your username is. I'll call you (don't worry you don't need a headset just speakers) and you can hear if it's clear or not.

I'm sure they're comparable, comfort would be most important to me.

I would also consider the Plantronics Audio 90 for $16.99 which features:

• Inline volume and mute controls
  • 2.9 M cord, 2.5 mm gold-plated plugs
  • Full-range stereo sound with maximum bass
  • Superior speech recognition microphone
  • QuickAdjust microphone for perfect placement

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000665P5.01._PE51_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Also scroll down and read the reviews, most of them are positive. Not bad for a $16.99 headset :)

I read somehwere tho that these were extremely uncomfortable but i could be thinking of something else.

I doubt it was this model, can you look in your IE/FireFox history and maybe find that review?

The Platontronics 90 usually receive high ratings.

I doubt it was this model, can you look in your IE/FireFox history and maybe find that review?

The Platontronics 90 usually receive high ratings.

I looked at the reviews and quite a few say that this is not durable and wont last more than 3 months. I dont think i'll get the Logitech one either because it goes behind the ears and i wear glasses and thath'll be tough. I'm pretty sure I'll just get the Altec lansing one that you have. I mean if you've got it, it should be pretty good.