Ipod for my Hubby. Please help! :)

rhirdahn

I am looking for an ipod for my hubby for his birthday at end of Jan. The reason I am starting early is because I don't know the first thing about these. He wants to plug it into his car and play the downloaded music. Can anyone please tell me which is a good kind and if there are any deals out there? Thank you in advance. :)

I bought my wife a 8gb Ipod Touch at the Apple store for $149.00 with free shipping. Like Jen said, they usually sell out quick and do not always have every model available. I know that Best Buy is selling a 32gb model for $274.99. This is an online price only. I talked to the CSM at my local Best Buy yesterday and got the online price in-store.

I bought my wife a 8gb Ipod Touch at the Apple store for $149.00 with free shipping. Like Jen said, they usually sell out quick and do not always have every model available. I know that Best Buy is selling a 32gb model for $274.99. This is an online price only. I talked to the CSM at my local Best Buy yesterday and got the online price in-store.

What about the nano is that good or do you prefer the ipod touch?

DH has the Ipod Touch 32 gb. I bought that one because he travels from time to time and wanted something he could watch movies on along with listening to music. I'm amazed with how much music you can put on it. Amazon has the 8gb for $179.99 here. They have the 32gb for $269.99 here. Just depends on how much memory he would want. Sorry, we don't have a Nano, so I can't offer any info there. Edited by Kim3498

I just got the new 5th generation nano 8gb for my birthday (last week) which was an upgrade from the 2nd generation nano 4gb and I have to say I absolutely love it!! I bought my bf the 8gb touch for Christmas because he likes all the apps and the wifi on it and all that but if your DH doesn't need that, the nano is perfect, like I said, I absolutely love it and I've had it 5 days.

What about the nano is that good or do you prefer the ipod touch?

It depends on your hubby. If there is any chance he will want to get applications, then the touch is the way to go. FYI...the Ipod touch's screen is glass. If your husband is prone to breaking things, then the nano would be better. You can put videos on the nano, but the screen is tiny (2.2 inches per Apple).Honestly, price and what your husband likes is the biggest factor of which to buy, in my opinion.

DH got me the 8 gb Nano for Christmas. I love that it has video, I have fast & furious on their and although small the picture is great. I think the selling point for him was the free $50 itunes card that came with it. I know that my Wal-mart is still doing the itunes deal but I don't know about the others.

We love our classic and it holds 160GB of music - does he have a lot of music he would like to download? I know we did and we have far surpassed the widely available 8, 16, and 32 GB. Also our 160GB classic was only $245 when compared to the prices of others. You can also do video.