Anybody feel like they spent too much?

tjarena

I am finally finished shopping! WOOHOO!:D

I didn't have a set budget, I kept a running total in my head and everything worked out great. Everything is paid in full. Now I just need to finish wrapping!

ps I did go a little bit overboard on stocking stuffers for our pup. She is so spoiled and we kept finding treats she will LOVE. Thats what I get for going to the Doggy Bakery!:yup:

At least she'll be good with treats for a while!

I wasn't supposed to go overboard, but I did on others. Then when I look at gifts for my DS13, I realized he did not have as many gifts. So, bought more. Majority with christmas club money and cash. A little on credit that will pay off within the next month. Feel great about that. Mainly big gifts computers, ipod touch and other items. DH isn't working so have to make things work on one salary.

I don't really set a budget, just spend cash and when it runs out it runs out. Since I take two weeks vacation at Christmas and youngest DD has no ballet classes I save a bundle in gas expenses which I parlay into last minute gifts lol.

One thing I do every year that I always regret is I buy way too much for the stockings. For some reason I can never appropriately judge how much can fit into those darn things!

I went slightly over...my friend is going thru a really rough time financially. She called me crying because she barely had grocery money for her family. I offered her money and she is soooo stubborn she wouldn't take it..so I went to plan "b' I sent her a gift card for the grocery store. I wasn't planning on spending that money..but isn't that the meaning of Christmas? The girl I mentor thru Big Brothers and Big Sisters, I went a little overboard on. I also bought a small gift for her two sisters and brother. I didn't use my credit card and I got some really great deals. So I don't feel too bad!

I did well....until Christmas Eve that is. DH wanted a motorcycle, but we decided that was not possible this year. It must have been meant to be, thought. My Dad has a friend who had a really nice motorcycle slightly used, that was a bit too big for him to handle. He offered it to me for a GREAT price. I couldn't pass it up so needless to say when my Dad pulled up in the drive way with that bike on the back of his truck DH was all smiles. I went a little overboard on DS as well, but it was within reason.

I know I overspent this year, but I don't care. This was probably one of the last years that all 3 of my kids still wanted toys, even my 12 yr. old. He is still into Hot Wheels and any cars. My kids are 12, 11, and almost 8, so I know in a year or so the 2 older ones probably won't be wanting toys anymore. So, I went overboard figuring this might be the last year to have Littlest Pet Shops and Hot Wheels stuff around the tree. I will really miss it when my kids outgrow toys. Thats the fun part of Christmas, lol. Dd and I had fun today playing a game of Littlest Pet Shop Mall Madness game, and I loved it when my 7 yr. old offered everyone Play Doh spaghetti and meatballs freshly made with his Play Doh spaghetti factory, lol. Ahhh, that is Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone!!!