Does Santa leave gifts wrapped or unwrapped?

my2kidsmom

Does Santa leave gifts wrapped or unwrapped?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Does Santa leave gifts wrapped or unwrapped?

• Wrapped
    • Unwrapped
    • Some of both

All of Santa's gifts here have always been wrapped in special paper with name tags and bows. I also remove all those horrible ties and add batteries to what is needed and then add it back to the box to wrap. Size does not matter as Santa is magic and can wrap any and all things! Santa leaves a pile of presents for each of my kids. I love to see my them rip the paper off to find what is inside, especially when DD13 and DD15 were younger and still believed.

Santa leaves all his gifts unwrapped by the stocking.

Santa did that when I was a kid. And the rule was that if you got up earlier then mom and dad (which we always did about 5 am.) then you could play with Santa's gift QUIETLY until mom & dad were ready to get up and join the fun. About 7 am we could bust into their room loudly and excitedly annoucing what Santa brought so they didn't "miss" much of the excitement. (Keep in mind we went to midnight services so we kids got to bed at 1:30 - 2 am and they still had help Santa put stuff out!) Santa's wisdom is very good and Santa still leaves gifts unwrapped (with batteries etc) for Christmas morning.

On an added note -- any child/family we adopt for Christmas gets WRAPPED presents from Baby Jesus.

What??? People put things under the tree unwrapped?? I don't understand this, I have never even heard of this. I live in such a sheltered world,lol. I am just amazed! Even every movie I have ever seen the kids are ripping the presents open. And what is Santa paper? I buy wrapping paper and hide it from my kids and use separate paper for gifts we buy for people. I also never buy any mom/dad gifts....they are all from Santa.

BTW, it would never matter how big the gift was, I would wrap a car if that is what I bought one of my kids,lmao.

I used to think everything had to be wrapped and it was crazy for it not to be until my daughter got a kitchen when she was 2. She was so sweet about waiting for Daddy to put the kitchen together but truth be told, she was dying to play with it. After that we decided anything large would be assembled and unwrapped with just a bow because we'd rather see the excitement of them wanting to play with the toy rather than see them ripping open the paper and just staring blankly at a box because they weren't sure what to do with it. It worked much better last year when we did it that way for the table and chair set and rocking horse.

What??? People put things under the tree unwrapped?? I don't understand this, I have never even heard of this. I live in such a sheltered world,lol. I am just amazed! Even every movie I have ever seen the kids are ripping the presents open. .

You've never heard of unwrapped gifts, but you eat chicken with waffles? LMAO!

We have done both.. but the years we did wrap, the kids found the remainder of 'Santa's' paper... so we cut that out. My parents never wrapped them either.

This will be my son's 2nd Christmas ( he'll be 15 months ) and we have Santa's gifts unwrapped with bows and directly in front of the tree. Santa brings one BIG gift and then several smaller ones, as well as filling the stockings. The gifts from Mom and Dad are wrapped and under the tree. Growing up everything was always wrapped and just mixed in with the family gifts.

We are doing it different this year. When we lived up north I always made everything from Santa and was wrapped each of the girls had their own wrapping paper and they were separated. Also never wrapped till Christmas Eve. Now that we are down south, me n my fiance have decided to do it the way he was raised. They will have gifts from us and Santa. Our will be under the tree already and Santa will only bring their big gifts. None will be wrapped this year. Everything is to big to be wrapped. Everyone we know down here does it this way. So, we just explained it to the girls and they are fine with it. They will have it the other way with their dad at the hotel this year. They are getting the best of both worlds :D

Santa used to wrap all the gifts except for their big gift which was usually set up on the floor in front of the tree. However last Easter our oldest decided to sneak down to see what the Easter Bunny brought and she told her litte brother so we got to miss the excited look on their faces. So we are expecting her to try to sneak down on Christmas morning before everyone else is up so this year Santa is wrapping EVERYTHING...including everything in the stockings!!!!

We have 2 seperate Santa wrapping paper. One for one chld and the other for the other child. They will have to check their stockings to see what wrapping was used and match that up with the gifts under the tree to find their gifts. Santa does not tag any of the gifts.

We always used to get our presents from Santa unwrapped, just the big one, you know?? The kitchen, or the nintendo, dolls, whatever. We could run into the living room and be amazed by what we got and then we were distracted enough that our parents could sleep for a few minutes longer....

Santa and his elf’s are far to busy to wrap presents but he does have a special crew that stays behind and artfully places each gift along with several books for each child. And ofcourse a picture of the gifts out on display is taken and left for mommy cause that’s really important to her. This is my oldest daughter’s 13 Christmas and I have a picture of every single tree. Mommy is boring and gives practical gifts like clothing and a new coat and those are wrapped.

I never had Santa cause my parents didn’t want to “lie” to us (um yeah ok). I lie like dog to my kids. I ever threaten my two oldest that if they tell there little brother there is no Santa all they get from now on will be the boring practical things that come from me.

LOL...we wrap the gifts from us to our children and other family members (grandparents, nephews, nieces, etc.) and put them under the tree during the weeks and days leading up to Christmas. On Christmas Eve...some time in the middle of the night, Santa comes and leaves each person (on the nice list) a little pile of presents that are unwrapped. We figure he's too tired to wrap our presents after all those deliveries. :D On Christmas morning, we get up and see what Santa left in our pile and then open our presents to and from each other. Then, we see what Santa left us in our stockings and have a big breakfast.

I'm from SC...and this is exactly how we do it! Why would Santa wrap stuff to haul it around the world? LOL I think however you grow up with it you think is best :yup:

Everything is wrapped, except for presents such as bikes, kitchen sets, etc, that need to be assembled. These aren't left by the tree, though, they're kept elsewhere and are "found" after the other presents are opened. No piles are left either, everything is mixed in under the tree (with the "larger" - ie, more expense, more wished-for gifts being the last to get opened) and one person distributes a present to everyone.

I don't remember ever questioning wrapping paper when I was young. As we got older, we'd snoop though. My brother would go as far as slicing the tape open, removing the wrapping paper, then re-wrapping & placing fresh tape over the sliced pieces. The mother of kids I babysat for for years would always bring everything she bought to her cousin's house, and have a wrapping night. Her cousin would always sign Santa's tags, and no gifts were delivered until Christmas Eve.

Let's see. We wrap for the most part. I like the idea of unwrapped Santa gifts. I never put anything out until Xmas eve unless it has been wrapped by both kids, because I did the same thing as above when I was young. I unwrapped everything and rewrapped it!

And I think it has more impact when it all goes out at once.

As for Santa, well he's a busy guy and can't be bothered with making his own special wrapping paper. He shops around for good deals just like Mom and has fabulous taste just like Mom and so the wrapping paper is almost always the same.

I love wrapping! I worked a xmas season at Macy's when I was 17, and hated almost every minute of it except for learning how to wrap. That was 20 years ago. They really knew how to wrap beautifully. Do they even wrap at Macy's anymore?

On a side note- I really like that for the first year ever, all the wrapping paper I bought at Target, says recyclable on it. It's the first year I've noticed the little logo anyway. Now if someone would start selling recyclable ribbon and tape, that would be fantastic!

You've never heard of unwrapped gifts, but you eat chicken with waffles? LMAO!

We have done both.. but the years we did wrap, the kids found the remainder of 'Santa's' paper... so we cut that out. My parents never wrapped them either.

I burn what is left of the Santa paper,lmao.

BTW, I am getting the kids LCD TV's and DS14 is the only one who "knows" this will happen,lol. So there is no way I am spending $300 each + on 4 TV's and not get to see the shock on their faces as they rip it open,lol. I just remember seeing the BIG thing wrapped under the tree and how we always opened it last....wondering the whole time what it could be and getting more excited by the minute,lol. I have also assembled my share of large toys over the 15yrs I have been a mommy but I still wrap them! lol I am not trying to say my way is right and anyone else is wrong, I have just never heard of this,lol. It is so funny how I think everything in the entire US is the same as it is right here in Central PA,lmao. I am always learning new things!

santa used to wrap but he has gotten really lazy the last few years

LOL!!! Santa at my house is very similar!

I used to wrap everything, but as more kids have been added to the family and time goes on, not everything gets wrapped anymore. I do wrap everything that is easily wrap-able, but the larger or odd shaped things just get put under the tree with a bow and gift tag.

I really don't see my kids at 30 something complaining that Santa didn't wrap their light sabers, skateboards or giant dolls when they were kids.

Santa only brings 1 gift, so I buy a special roll of paper for Santa and wrap the Santa present in it, stick on a specially bought bow and tag and put it at the edge of the tree. One year DD got moon shoes, which her dad put in a special Santa sack, and that was a hit. This year the Santa present won't be wrapped because I am going to assemble it and stick a bow on it....well unless I find another Santa sack.

I did not wrap last year. Got just one or two wows. So this time I want to wrap, just to keep the excietment and surprise element going. But at the same time I dont want to wrap gifts in an effort to go green.

Still undecided!! Some good deals on wrapping paper will change my mind :D

I did not wrap last year. Got just one or two wows. So this time I want to wrap, just to keep the excietment and surprise element going. But at the same time I dont want to wrap gifts in an effort to go green.

Still undecided!! Some good deals on wrapping paper will change my mind :D

Dollar tree has a great selection of wrapping paper. That's all I buy. It runs from thin to very thick (less on the very thick rolls).

Santa and his elf’s are far to busy to wrap presents but he does have a special crew that stays behind and artfully places each gift along with several books for each child. And ofcourse a picture of the gifts out on display is taken and left for mommy cause that’s really important to her. This is my oldest daughter’s 13 Christmas and I have a picture of every single tree. Mommy is boring and gives practical gifts like clothing and a new coat and those are wrapped.

I never had Santa cause my parents didn’t want to “lie” to us (um yeah ok). I lie like dog to my kids. I ever threaten my two oldest that if they tell there little brother there is no Santa all they get from now on will be the boring practical things that come from me.

Wow such a wide difference in the way people do things, of 22 Christmas my older daughter has had i have pictures of every tree and present ( imagine that ) before and after Santa and then the aftermath you have to know me and pictures. LOLOLOLOLOL Santa wraps and Santa leaves unwrapped all under the tree. He has no secret hiding spots or any order gifts are given out. This may be the year they are all wrapped I havent decide yet, of 4 kids no one is getting big things. All four kids will have Santa presents and stockings with things in them.

Just saw a movie where santa used to deliver presents in brown paper with the childs name on it

Santa only brings 1 gift, so I buy a special roll of paper for Santa and wrap the Santa present in it, stick on a specially bought bow and tag and put it at the edge of the tree. One year DD got moon shoes, which her dad put in a special Santa sack, and that was a hit. This year the Santa present won't be wrapped because I am going to assemble it and stick a bow on it....well unless I find another Santa sack.

not sure what kind of sack you are looking for, but I've seen Christmas bike bags at the Dollar Tree. Those things are huge!

Santa wraps everything here that can be wrapped! Actually, I figured my oldest daughter (now 7) would find the "Santa" wrapping paper so I started telling her very early on that Mommy gets to stay up Christmas Eve and help Santa wrap! LOL She remembers every year which is good in case she should happen to come out when Mommy is putting them under the tree I can just say I finished wrapping! :)

Growing up, my parents did not wrap anything. Also, we celebrated on Christmas Eve, not the day (German background). I always wanted the surprise of unwrapping, so I always wrap everything for my children (except for large items like bikes, etc). Oh, and we wait till Christmas morning.

What??? People put things under the tree unwrapped?? I don't understand this, I have never even heard of this. I live in such a sheltered world,lol. I am just amazed! Even every movie I have ever seen the kids are ripping the presents open. And what is Santa paper? I buy wrapping paper and hide it from my kids and use separate paper for gifts we buy for people. I also never buy any mom/dad gifts....they are all from Santa.

BTW, it would never matter how big the gift was, I would wrap a car if that is what I bought one of my kids,lmao.

I am right there with you. What fun is it if they come down and see everything unwrapped and ready to go. Thats part of the excitement, watchin them rip the paper off and squeal with delight!

I never use to wrap when the kids were little, They got a ton of stuff & each kid had their own pile..their faces were amazing going from one toy to the next, not knowing what to grab 1st...but now that they are older & presents are fewer ( adding in ...it's kinda depressing, can't get the deals on electronics like we did on toys :() so I now wrap..it does draw it out a little more! Also nothing goes under the tree until they are asleep christmas eve..everything on christmas day is from santa. They get a present from us on christmas eve & it's always the ever so boring new pj's & slippers for that night:D

I never use to wrap when the kids were little, They got a ton of stuff & each kid had their own pile..their faces were amazing going from one toy to the next, not knowing what to grab 1st...but now that they are older & presents are fewer ( adding in ...it's kinda depressing, can't get the deals on electronics like we did on toys :() so I now wrap..it does draw it out a little more! Also nothing goes under the tree until they are asleep christmas eve..everything on christmas day is from santa. They get a present from us on christmas eve & it's always the ever so boring new pj's & slippers for that night:D

LMAO! Now this is what I assumed everyone who celebrated Christmas does! We always went to my grams Christmas Eve & opened gifts from gram, now we take our kids to Nana's Christmas Eve to open gifts from Nana. Part tradition/part my kids have a million gifts from everyone Christmas day! lmao

I put everything out as I wrap it- usually 3 weeks ahead of time. I don't have enough room to store it (and keep it hidden) elsewhere!

We do put together any gifts that are going to require assembly so that the kids aren't disappointed on Christmas morning.

DS is getting a camcorder, DD is getting a bike. We have HUGE problems with DS getting up and going to look, so I might just wrap his this year.