irobot Roomba at Target

1josh

I got the $99 one from Kohls the other day and WE LOVE IT!!!! I went to the store today while "I" was vacuuming my bedroom & the hallway, last night "I" vacuumed my living room and kitchen while I slept! I keep telling my husband "you do the dishes and I'll vacuum", lol.

I wanted to get it too but I refused to do the 2 mile long line. Can you tell me how do you charge it. Did you get a charger.

We have the 530 and it comes with a charger. It sits on the base and you schedule it to clean. You will need to buy more Light houses to get it to work within a defined area, but it is pretty cool. It is a pain if you have stairs or dark carpet. DH has read all the forums out there to figure out all the quirks, but we love it. We have hardwood floors throughout the house and it keeps everything clean. It cleans the living room/dining room areas daily. Then we move it to particular rooms as often as needed. We've had it for about 9 months and would not trade it for anything (unless it was a new and improved model).

I'm glad you mentioned that it works well with hardwood floors, because that was a question I had. Are there any issues with area rugs?

That is the issue. If it is light colored, no. If it is dark, like ours, it thinks it is going over a cliff (cliff sensors), so we have the sensors covered with white paper. You have to tape it on. Problem is that it gets dirt under it and it has to be changed every few weeks. Still, we love it, even with that foible. It works great. We have cats, so it is a never ending problem. Works like a charm and DH handles the details with the cliff sensors. :yup:

I wanted to get it too but I refused to do the 2 mile long line. Can you tell me how do you charge it. Did you get a charger.

Mine came with a cord that plugs into the unit to charge it. I bought mine on Wednesday evening, I went to customer service and asked if it went on sale on friday if I could get the price difference credited back and she said as long as I came in during the time it was on sale, so I went in around 7am when the line has died down & there was no line at customer service and got the price difference credited to my Kohls card.

I was doing a little research on the 530 and found it at drugstore.com for $229. They also have free shipping.

http://www.drugstore.com:80/products/prod.asp?pid=178954&catid=110969&trx=CRT-ACC&trxp1=17008&trxp2=178954#acsrs

It says $299 when I click on that link.

I have the smaller, cheaper unit and I haven't tried it on an area rug yet, but it definitely cleans all the dog hair and cat hair from the carpet and kitchen floor and wood floors. It gets all the cat hair from under my bed that I didn't realize was there and my regular vacuum obviously didn't reach. Mine senses that there's stairs there so it doesn't fall down them.

We had a dog and 2 cats and I used to vacuum twice a week, my husband brought home a puppy earlier this year who is now over 100 lbs and even though he has short hair he sheds a lot. When I vacuumed in the morning you couldn't tell by the evening that I had vacuumed. So I love this machine!

Mine came with a cord that plugs into the unit to charge it. I bought mine on Wednesday evening, I went to customer service and asked if it went on sale on friday if I could get the price difference credited back and she said as long as I came in during the time it was on sale, so I went in around 7am when the line has died down & there was no line at customer service and got the price difference credited to my Kohls card.

It says $299 when I click on that link.

I have the smaller, cheaper unit and I haven't tried it on an area rug yet, but it definitely cleans all the dog hair and cat hair from the carpet and kitchen floor and wood floors. It gets all the cat hair from under my bed that I didn't realize was there and my regular vacuum obviously didn't reach. Mine senses that there's stairs there so it doesn't fall down them.

We had a dog and 2 cats and I used to vacuum twice a week, my husband brought home a puppy earlier this year who is now over 100 lbs and even though he has short hair he sheds a lot. When I vacuumed in the morning you couldn't tell by the evening that I had vacuumed. So I love this machine!

You have to add it to your cart and it will show you the sale price.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with a longer haired dog...I bought the one at Kohl's last week...we have a golden retriever...we've used it three times, and I've cleaned it out twice...what a pain in the rear, as you have to basically take it apart to get all of the hair that is wound around the brushes...would be much quicker to get the regular vacuum out and empty out the bin afterward, even with having to do it myself...and on area rugs, it has trouble getting over ours...

Needless to say, it's packaged up, and headed back to Kohl's on Friday...if we only had kids, or a short-haired dog instead, it might work, but definitely not with a golden!