Amazon Toy Deals??

Kayshar13

I am ready - In fact, placed an order already tonight.

Ooh, anything good? Today is the first day in a couple weeks that I haven't bought anything on Amazon. Oh, wait... I did buy something... :o But I'm an addict and one fix apparently isn't doing it for me!

I know what you mean, DiamondGal! I keep hopping onto the computer every hour or two and checking my cart... things change, but it is by a tiny amount... unless its going up. I've had some things jump up in price by as much as $15. I thought that Amazon sold out and it was another seller, but nope. Just Amazon toying with me!

I'm on a fairly tight budget and mostly looking for a few more filler items... nothing in particular I'm really planning on buying, but lots that I would buy for the right price. And the right price is not a penny less! I want DEALS... or make that STEALS!

Why do I have the feeling this sale isn't going to happen? They didn't do all this lightening stuff in the past did they? I have a feeling they have replaced it with that. Legos each day on there, LPS, Ponys, etc. have all been on there. Thankfully I was able to pick up 2 lego sets and the LPS 10 pack today. Added in the Hannah Montana bedroom and looks like the kids are done except for those awesome deals I'm still hoping to see...filler stuff...and of course every lego set I can get my hands on since DS is TOTALLY obsessed with them. Saving for BDay now too. Everything today only averaged about 30-40% off....not what I was hoping for!

Angleyez- I'm actually wondering, too! Tomorrow was the day last year I started ordering, so I'm not giving up yet, but I have been surprised at all of the lightning deals... especially the toy ones!

I was wondering earlier if Amazon is not planning on doing a big sale this year, but they might change their mind late in the game when they see how many toys they are going to have left without the great prices. Although I've bought a lot of stuff this year, its mostly DVDs, video games, misc... not many toys. I'm glad I have Prime and should be able to order up until around the 21st and still get in time for Christmas, just in case this is what happens.

What is going on with Amazon? I am not going to sit by my computer every hour waiting for what they would like to offer in a lightening deal. No no.

I hope this is not their new strategy.

I don't think that would be wise on Amazon's part. They did very well last Xmas, much better than most retailers. And if anything their SERVICE has declined.

They have out sourced the phone bank to another country. The people who answer the phone can do very little for you. They no longer price adjust, and they no longer allow you to refuse an order. They charge return shipping when you have accidentally gotten duplicate orders. Never did that before! They are no where near the merchandise, and of course they are cranky, it's the middle of the night where they are.

I won't buy anything electronic on amazon, unless it is HALF of what I can get it for elsewhere. That is what the ability to return the item is worth to me. Half. Example, I won't buy d-rex from them unless it drops below $75 dollars. Then I'll jump on it. They had better move on that though, because target's sale ends Saturday and I'll have to buy it by then!

Last year I bought almost everything on amazon, my garage was filled with Amazon boxes. Just the club penguin stuff and some video games at toys r us really. This year it's primarily toys r us and a little target.

They are great for books, dvd's, toys that don't break, don't get me wrong, I love Amazon. You don't leave your house and the book is at your door. It's great. This is my 3rd year of Prime. They need to get moving this year though, or they will lose customers.

They will lose my devotion anyway. Maybe they have just gotten too big!

Prior years I have posted a ton of great Amazon.com deals but I'm still not really seeing much. I see a few things here & there but not items on any kids toy list,lol. I check almost daily. I'm getting pretty bummed too because I usually do 75% of my shopping on Amazon.com. I have placed 17 orders in the past 30 days but 95% of those were video games,lol.

My purchases last year were from Nov 27th to Dec 4th and then maybe one or two orders after that. I got a ton of toys in that time. I don't think it is going to happen this year at all. They didn't stock as much stuff this year cause of the economy so they don't have all of the extra products to get rid of as they did in years past. I think I am gonna have to start buying toys at other sites or at B&M stores....cause there's not alot of time before Christmas!

tasha - I think you got it right and they don't have the stock this year. That's probably why they are doing the lightning deal stuff. They sell what they can at that price and that's it. If its a regular sale, they are expected to have more, a lightning deal isn't expected to last.

I e-mailed them and just plan asked about the toy sale. This is what they said:

Dear Patty,

Thanks for your interest in our Toy promotions. While we are planning a variety of special discounts and other promotional offers on Christmas, I am unable to share these details as we don't have any update from our marketing team as of now.

I encourage you to check back on our website in the next few weeks. Any special offers will be advertised throughout our website.

Thanks again for your keen interest in our promotions. We look forward to your next visit at Amazon.com

I've gotten a few things from Amazon this month, but nothing is really an awesome find. I bought the Connect 4x4 for $15 thinking that was a good deal but then I got it at Target for $5 during their Toy Book sale. Most of the great toy deals I've gotten were through Kmart that I price matched with Target because Kmart was sold out. I'm beginning to think that Amazon won't happen this year.

Just scored my first really great deal!! Trio Cargo Loader was a Lightening deal for $15.99 reg. $29.99 and they had a $10 off $25 purchase...free prime 2 day shipping out the door to me for $5.99 SHIPPED Lets hope this is the beginning of some really great deals!!! :)

Just scored my first really great deal!! Trio Cargo Loader was a Lightening deal for $15.99 reg. $29.99 and they had a $10 off $25 purchase...free prime 2 day shipping out the door to me for $5.99 SHIPPED Lets hope this is the beginning of some really great deals!!! :)

Yup, I got this, too! I don't know if the promotional codes are supposed to work like this, though (on pre-lightning prices), but I was really excited about it! I also got the Grinch Sing Your Heart Out and Oh the Places You'll Go board games for $5 each. So my total was $15.99, the price of the Lightning Deal on Trio, and I got the 2 games also! Yea!

tn - I didn't go for the Trio. According to Amazon's FAQ...if you put a Lightning deal in your cart at the right time, it should stay there until 11:59 PM PST. However, it also says it could sell out and you may not get it for that price. I don't know how that works, but I guess that's a typical Amazon statement. I haven't had any sell out on me once they were in my cart but I didn't wait all day either, usually only a couple hours until the last one I want. I still have the Hyper Dash and Barbie in my cart at the sale prices and both sold out. One day I had something in there all day because DH ended up buying it on his account and I was going to get it for my Giving Tree if I could get something else for free shipping....it stayed until at the sale price until I went to bed, the next day it was back to regular price.