How is this laptop still in stock?since yesterday?? Walmart

hpnyr

Walmart.com

Acer 17.3" Aspire AS7535-5020 Laptop PC with AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor QL-65& Windows 7 $498.00 IT'S A 2.1 GHZ, VERY FAST. The other 200-300 dollar ones are slower at around 1.4 to 1.6ghz. this is a steal folks, get to it! i picked one up.

It's a STEAL!!!

The Acer AS7535-5020 Notebook is packed with entertainment and extras to get more out of your digital world. Featuring a cinematic 17.3" high-def widescreen LEDbacklit display, Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD dual-core processing, ATI Radeon HD graphics, Dolby Surround Sound and extras to keep you productive, you will be able to do things quicker and enjoy more of your entertainment wherever you are.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor QL-65

Offers 2.1GHz speed, a 667MHz Front side bus, and 1MB L2 cache

4GB of DDR2 Dual Channel Memory @667MHz

Handles multimedia and multitasking

320GB SATA hard drive, rated at 5400rpm speed

Stores up to 90,000 photos, or up to 79,000 songs, or up to 38 hours of HD video

SuperMulti Double-Layer DVD burner

Plays and creates CDs and DVDs in a variety of different formats

17.3" HD Widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit Display

1600x900 resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics with up to 1919MB of HyperMemory supporting Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft DirectX 10.0. HDMI video allows you to connect to an HD TV.

Wireless WiFI & Wired Gigabit Ethernet port

Connects to a broadband modem (cable or DSL) or a network supporting 10/100/1000Mbps.

802.11 b/g & N wireless LAN, connects wirelessly to a network, hotpost or broadband router.

Additional Features

56k Modem for Dial up connections

Integrated Webcam for video chat with family or friends

HDMI HD Video Out to connect to a HD TV

Dolby Optimized Surround Sound System with 2 built-in Speakers and SPDIF out

Multi-in-1 memory card reader to download your files from your digital camera

Dedicated Numeric Keypad with fullsize keyboard

Multi-Gesture Touchpad for scrolling, zooming and page flips

4 USB 2.0 ports, Headphone and microphone ports, VGA-out ports

6 Cell battery for an average of 2.5 hours of battery life

7.1Lbs system weight.

Software

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edition. To learn more about the features of Windows 7, Click here.

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007 60 Day Trail Edition.

Microsoft Works 9

McAfee Internet Security Suite 2009 Trial Edition

NTI Media Maker

Norton Online Backup

Acer Backup Manager, Crystal Eye, eRocvery Management, GridVista, & Launch Manager

Adobe Flash player & Reader

eSobi, Google Toolbar, MyWinLocker & WildTangent Demo Games

Support and Warranty

One-year International Travelers Limited Warranty with Toll- Free Tech Support

I started to purchase a laptop at WM today and the guy standing next to me scared with all kind of negative talk about the AMD Athlon. I don't know enough to argue so it was just enough to make me doubt my decision. I'm on a 7 year old desktop right now and have had ZERO problems! I want the same experience with a laptop.

Selena

I personally wouldn't buy a laptop with the AMD Athlon. I wouldn't buy anything without a Quad core or a Duo 2 core.

I just finally gave up on BF laptops and went to HP and built one for my husband. With shipping and tax, minus an instant rebate and a $20 coupon code the total was $600. For me, the extra $102 over the Acer is worth it just to have the Duo 2 core processor. Other than that and the video card (better on the HP) the specs are pretty much the same as the Acer listed. I also like that with the HP I can lightscribe label all my DVDs/CDs.

AMD is a tricky thing to weigh. You can change a lot of the settings that you can't with Intel, but if you aren't really good at computers or don't need to, they aren't that great. And if you are really good and need those settings, you are probably more into a gaming computer anyways and an AMD will never compare to what you want. If all you do is surf the net a little and do email, an AMD will be fine, but if you multi-task or do a lot of entertainment or media stuff (games, photos, videos, etc.) go with an Intel that can handle that...something like the Quad core or Core 2 duo. Best buy has had some great deals since Windows 7 came out (which by the way, has worked awesome for me and I got it at release). I just wouldn't go near an AMD.

If you aren't sure what you need, talk to the Geek Squad at Best Buy, the ones at my store were very knowledgable and didn't push me to anything I didn't want (I also knew all the features I wanted). Just know what you need and what features you want before you go in and they are great at finding the computer that includes all those things.

Sorry to hear that :no:!! We have 2 HP Lap tops and 2 HP desktops and havent had issues, we also have 2 dell desktops that run decently but we could not upgrade dell products...

We are gamers so integrated graphics are not an option...Dedicated graphics of 512 MB and above are great for any game...:yup:

My issue was the CPU never came with the boot CDs (it was all pre-installed) and when I tried to get them the tech support (who didnt speak fluent English) refused to ship them to me and then after being on hold for 2 hours I was told I could pay them $45 for the boot cd. Then when I did they never sent me the one other CD I needed (I am not a tech guru) which I had to go to Best Buy who tried to rip me off ($125) and eventually Fry's had this magic CD and charged me $35 to install this CD. I dunno what CD it was but the guy at Frys said you cant buy this CD and it only goes to those authorized to work on HPs. I saw the CD he spoke of.

But yea I am sooo not a CPU gamer so I can see why you need a powerful CPU. My netbook is for web surfing and my NES emulator. My desktop is OLD (256 RAM and 8 GB hard drive) but I only use it for writing college papers. But I was able to put everything on this CPU on a 8gb flash drive though. :)

My husband's laptop is an HP and we've had never ending battery/charging problems with it. The latest battery we got seems to be working ok so far, but I won't ever get an HP unless it's dirt cheap because of that. I used to be a Gateway fan, but not too thrilled with what they turned into...Acer. My latest is an Asus and I LOVE LOVE the computer, but the casing seems to be a little flimsy. However, my dog knocked it off the table and not a mark or crack came from that so overall I'm happy.

Personally I would not own a PC without an AMD processor. Every PC I have bought and built for the last 12 years has had an AMD processor. Never had a problem.

I bought the Acer Aspire AS6530-6522 from Best Buy a few months ago for $329. Has similar specs to the one above except mine has...

AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core Processor QL-62 (1MB L2 cache, 2.0GHz)

3GB of DDR2 Dual Channel Memory @667MHz

250GB SATA hard drive, rated at 5400rpm speed

16" HD Widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit Display

3 USB ports

Other than that the specs are the same. As far as the op's question I think the price is what is keeping people away from this one. This time of year everyone is looking for a $200-$300 laptop or netbook.

We've owned nothing but HP in this house for the past 14 years. Never a problem.

It takes 10 minutes to make your own boot discs when you get a new comuter. Nothing major, and even if you get a set with the computer they recommend you make a backup set anyway.

Picked up the HP for $298 at 3:30am online for internet use only for my parents. We were looking at the Acer's but was leary because they aren't a "brand" name like HP, Compaq, Dell, etc. They may be absolutely fine but at this point I'll stick with what I got :)

I'm personally a Dell person these days on my second laptop..the first one still works fine without a glinch in 6 years :)

My brother-in-law is the IT person for a school district and very technically-savvy. He buys a variety of computers and Acer is one of them. His wife has an Acer netbook and loves it. I ordered an Acer netbook for my teenage daughter from Amazon and he thought I got a good deal, so I'm crossing my fingers he's right.