DSI

peekaboo

I'm not sure about the camera on the DSi, because I still have my original DS and it works as well as it did when I first got it. I even lent it to my brother when he was in Afghanistan over 4 years ago and it still works great. And because of this I don't think it is worth the money to replace it. Now, I mostly play games on it, I don't think I would use the newer options at least not often enough to replace it.

Is it worth the money to upgrade from a DS to a DSI if there is nothing wrong with the DS? How good is the camera on the DSI?

Just note that the DSI does not play Gamboy Advanced games. Half of DS's games are Gamboy Advanced so he'll be getting a DS Lite not a DSI. :)

I upgraded from the DS to DSi and I think it's not worth it. The novelty of the camera wears off after a few days. Just use your cell phone to take pictures and your ipod to listen to music ;) (btw the music is grainy sounding on the DSi since it can't play mp3 files)

The internet is very slow on it and most of the DSiware games are boring.

I checked on this last year when the DSI first came out. The manager at our local Game Stop told me that the DSI was definately not worth the money. I ask DS11 what he thought of the new DSI, and his first reply was "you can't play gameboy games on it". Needless to say he did not want it because it did not have that option. It really depends on the person though. He already has a really nice digital camera, and that seems to be what some of the kids (and adults) are wanting to upgrade it for.

I upgraded from the DS to DSi and I think it's not worth it. The novelty of the camera wears off after a few days. Just use your cell phone to take pictures and your ipod to listen to music ;) (btw the music is grainy sounding on the DSi since it can't play mp3 files)

The internet is very slow on it and most of the DSiware games are boring.

I was thinking of getting the DSi for my DD11. She has the DS lite and we wont be getting rid of it so she can play the few gameboy advance games she has left. Do you think I should upgrade her? The reason I was going to upgrade her was because 2 of the games she is asking for Xmas are Style Labs Makeover (take a picture of yourself and you can give yourself a makeover among other things) and Style Labs Jewelry Design ( she would be able to create her own jewelry and upload to a website where people could buy them for her as gifts) I am thinkg of future Birthday etc gifts lol. She realy wont be using it for music since she has a Zune and may be getting a ipod touch. Do you think it is worth it to do so? I am hoping to get it from BB by ordering online if you can. Thanks

I think it would be silly to buy it to play a couple of games. My son 12 has no interest in it. He asked for a Sony Handycam camcorder and I was very happy to buy him a nice camcorder/camera instead.

Well my DD already has a video camera. She does play her DS quite a bit, and she is asking for these games which really cannot be played to the fullest extent on the DS lite.

On the other hand my DS 13 has shown no interest in ithe DSi either, personally I think a lot of the new games are more geared to girls. DS has a DS lite, a PSP and an Ipod Touch, but then he is also into other games much different than DD 11. He does prefer his PSP to the DSlite since I think the games for the PSP are more geared for boys.

Well my DD already has a video camera. She does play her DS quite a bit, and she is asking for these games which really cannot be played to the fullest extent on the DS lite.

On the other hand my DS 13 has shown no interest in ithe DSi either, personally I think a lot of the new games are more geared to girls. DS has a DS lite, a PSP and an Ipod Touch, but then he is also into other games much different than DD 11. He does prefer his PSP to the DSlite since I think the games for the PSP are more geared for boys.

The girls do seem to like the DSI. Like I said, my DS isn't interested in it, but my 13 year old cousin (girl) is very interested. She is very fascinated with the camera function, even though she has a very nice camera, camcorder, and ipod touch. The game you described sounds very cool for a girl. You know your daughter. You know what she likes. Follow your instincts. If you think she will like it, she probably will. Personally, I don't think it is worth the money, but that is because my son is not interested in it at all. If he did want it, it would be under the Christmas tree in a heartbeat.