Dyson DC17

backinny

Does anyone else think that the picture in the BF Target ad for the Dyson DC17 actually looks like the Dyson DC25 (which is a better model)? The DC17 is yellow and the DC25 is purple. The vacuum in the picture look purple to me. Any thoughts?

The DC17 Absolute Animal is purple and the one in the ad says it's an Animal.

My 2 cents on dyson...I have one and although it has the best sucking power of any vacuum I've ever had, they dysons are fragile vacuums and are susceptible to needing repairs. I've been in my local vacuum repair shop several times for new belts and the owner was telling me dysons are what keeps him in business. He pointed out two next to the counter that needed their motors repaired. I guess many of the parts are made out of plastic and break easily. He made a joke that people go into the Costco down the street, come out with a dyson and then head straight into his shop for repairs. My dyson is making some really weird, loud noises and the vacuum is only 3 years old. DH and I have decided we will not own another dyson.

Edited by rjncmj

Sorry that yours is having such issues. We've had our Dyson for almost 4 years and haven't had any issues with it. DH saw this in the ad and wanted to buy another one just because it was such a good deal. LOL We have a lab and two kids...needless to say, we vaccuum daily...and it has never given us any issues...:)