Crayola Crayon Maker $24.97 @ Walmart

angelic680

I've never seen this, but when I read the post heading, I figured it was probably like the old 'Easy Bake' oven. Powered by a lightbulb, lol. Actually, when I was younger I had a 'Pizza Hut' pizza maker, also powered by a lightbulb. I got tired of waiting and cooked them in our little toaster oven, lol. But I wouldn't suggest that for crayons ;).

I've never seen this, but when I read the post heading, I figured it was probably like the old 'Easy Bake' oven. Powered by a lightbulb, lol. Actually, when I was younger I had a 'Pizza Hut' pizza maker, also powered by a lightbulb. I got tired of waiting and cooked them in our little toaster oven, lol. But I wouldn't suggest that for crayons ;).

OMG I had a Easy Bake oven and the shrinky dinks I loved them...hahahahah

Dude Target still sells those...hahahaha

http://www.target.com/s/179-7896199-4848161?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&keywords=Shrinky%20Dink%20Toy&searchSize=30&ref=tgt_adv_XSJH1060&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=1038576&AFID=yahoosspslp&searchPage=1&searchRank=target104545&LNM=Shrinky%20Dink%20Toy

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61tuQcPqknL._AA400_.jpg

I have the crayon maker. I think we used it once possibly twice. I know I didn't pay much for it at all. Was with some sort of deal at TRU I think a year or two ago. Maybe on a clearance shelf. It takes a very long time for the crayons to make. The paper that you wrap them in doesn't stay on the crayons good. And when using the crayons they seem to break very easily. Definitley more hassle than it is worth. IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the crayon maker. I think we used it once possibly twice. I know I didn't pay much for it at all. Was with some sort of deal at TRU I think a year or two ago. Maybe on a clearance shelf. It takes a very long time for the crayons to make. The paper that you wrap them in doesn't stay on the crayons good. And when using the crayons they seem to break very easily. Definitley more hassle than it is worth. IMO.

I agree. Used once then donated.

You can remake crayons on your own. Get some metal cookie cutters. Break crayons up into small bits (after removing the paper). Lay a sheet of parchment paper down on a cookie sheet. Place the cookie cutter on the sheet and then add the crayon bits inside the cookie cutter. Put them into a 250* oven for about 20 minutes. Take out and let them cool and harden. You can make all kinds of cool shapes!