ipod touch....

Try ebay if you don't mind getting a refurbished one. I got a 32G for about 250 .. Just watch the deals, and be ready to put in a last second bid. Even though mine was a refurb it came with a power cord and headphones... The only thing it didn't come with was the instruction booklet-which is not the biggest deal in my opinion. But mine works perfectly, and I love it!

Try ebay if you don't mind getting a refurbished one. I got a 32G for about 250 .. Just watch the deals, and be ready to put in a last second bid. Even though mine was a refurb it came with a power cord and headphones... The only thing it didn't come with was the instruction booklet-which is not the biggest deal in my opinion. But mine works perfectly, and I love it!

If you're gonna go the refurb route, I say get it from Apple.

They sale their refurbs with a one year warranty...besides that, the

types of deals will mainly be regular price or a dollar or 2 difference

with a gift card...

I also went with EBay and just got the brand new 64GB Touch for $298! :shock:

I paid $310 through Ebay, got $6 in Ebay bucks, and $6 from EBates (310-6-6=298) You just have to check out the person that you deal with because while most people on there are honest some are not.

Mine is brand new, sealed and came with everything that it does straight from Apple.

On Black Friday (and the next day), Best Buy will have the 8GB iPod Touch for $199.99 with a free $30 Best Buy gift card.

Yeah I saw that mot sure I want to deal with that crowd over one ipod! LoL

I want to try and give him a new one not a used....I hope walmart blackfriday comes through

You got it Deal Grabber... It deals with how much info it will hold.

According to Apple a 8GB will hold:

1,750 songs

10 hours of video

10,000 photos

The 32 GB will hold:

7,000 songs

40 hours of video

40,000 photos

And the 64 GB will hold:

14,000 songs

80 hours of video

90,000 photos

Voice Control

The 8GB also has a few less features, the higher GB ones have voice control.

It all depends on what the iPod will be used for. If he wants them for songs, and you don't think he is going to have over 1700, the the 8GB is an ok choice. But if he wants to download movies, then you might want to get one that is a higher GB. An average movie is just under, or just over 1GB depending on what quality of video is loaded onto it. Plus if your son wants to download other applications, or games, that takes up some space as well.

Hope this helps!

Hey Deal Grabber, sure the 8gb is good - don't know how old your son is but you can't go wrong with the ipod touch...Everyone in my family has one ... so here's your heads up! If you don't have one yourself - you'll want one soon enough! Also, buy a good amount of itune cards for once you start downloading songs/apps...it's really hard to stop! Best Buy has a reward zone program (you acrue points for what you buy) so that's where I get most of my stuff and get a nice "certificate" back...just go to the site and you'll get the details. Sounds like your gonna have a nice holiday at your house! Woo HOO!

Hey guys/girls thxs for all the info.Ya know its funny he just turned 13and he asked for one last year but i was like no way in hell is he getting one before me but this is the first year he doesnt believe in Santa(that i know of).We just had the talk.So anyways he has asked for this a tv and a laptop and some Xbox games.So i figured instead of buying him toys and such ill invest in some electronics that at least have value.LOL.I think im gonna go with the 8gb for now.I dont forseeing him downloading more than 1700 at a clip.How much do songs on i-tunes cost?Movies?What kinda games can he download?The above poster ( i believe it was BigJim) said BB has it on sale for BF @ $199.Is this the same one WM has online now for $189.?

Hey deal....

Yes, the one posted on Walmart is a 8GB 3rd generation for 189... But on BF BB will offer it for $199 with a $30 gift card as stated... BB is also offering iTunes cards worth $30 for only $25.

As for downloads most songs on iTunes are 99 cents... and movies are listed differently.... Aprox. 19.99 for the movie in Hd, 14.99 for just the movie, and on some of the movies there is a rent option which is less. As for games - there are tons of them.. some are free, and some have to be paid for - If you have the iTunes application on your computer already you can take a look at some of what they have to offer by going into the iTunes store.

And not sure if your son is going to be into doing this, as he is still quite young, but be VERY wary of him using sites like limewire to get his music. If you are going to go that route, just keep a close eye on monitoring what he is downloading - and stay away from movies, as they are rarely the movie that is listed. Also make sure you have a good anti-virus on your computer. :eyepoppin

Edited by kbes3277

Walmart has a bundle on sale...$198.95

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12535130

and today only @ Bestbuy iPod touch® 8GB Player with $20 Best Buy Gift Card

SKU: 9999120700050000

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iPod+touch+8GB+Player+with+%2420+Best+Buy+Gift+Card/9999120700050000.p?skuId=9999120700050000&id=pcmprd120800050000

Best Buy Apple 8GB iPod Touch (3rd Generation) w/ Free $30 Gift Card $199.99

Meijer Apple iPod touch 8GB w/ $50 Meijer Coupon $199.00

Radio Shack Apple iPod touch 8GB w/ Free $20 Gift Card $199.99

Target Apple 32GB iPod Touch w/ Free $30 Target Gift Card $295.00

Toys R Us Apple iPod Touch 8GB w/Free $50 Gift Card (In store) $199.99

Walmart Apple iPod touch 8GB w/ Bonus $50 iTunes Card $195.00

* Yes I am that bored.... :cheesy: