BF 42" plasma in sears ad

mysonruns

Can anyone help me - do you think this is a good deal? We really want to upgrade to a flat screeen tv this year. I know nothing about them, we don't need anything fancy - just want it easy to use, hook the dvr cable box up to it and the dvr. It doesn't have to be a giant and has to be under $500. I had hoped to get a 46" but I don't know if I will find one for under $500. Thanks!

It seams to be a good deal.

I'm not a big fan of the plasma tvs.

They are heavy and they put out a bit of heat.

I can't find any information on the Zenith or the Samsung.

Between the two I would go for the Samsung for an extra 50 bucks.

The Proscan tv sould be good too 2 inches smaller but Full 1080P.

There "might Be" better deals to come.

Edited by crazypurgatory

Can anyone help me - do you think this is a good deal? We really want to upgrade to a flat screeen tv this year. I know nothing about them, we don't need anything fancy - just want it easy to use, hook the dvr cable box up to it and the dvr. It doesn't have to be a giant and has to be under $500. I had hoped to get a 46" but I don't know if I will find one for under $500. Thanks!

By today's standards, this is an ancient TV. Good for a garage, but that is it. If you need one to watch Nascar or football, get a wall kit and the Husband will be all set.

If you plan on getting Bluray, then anything larger than 37 inches with less than 1080P is an extreme disappointment. Go watch a Sony Bravia in Best buy, and you will see what a real picture should look like.

i am a big fan of the samsung 42" at walmart that is usually around that price. (not 100% sure) but my gma has the vizio brands all through her house and they are super nice too.

question about the 720 vs 1080? if i have no intentions of ever buying bluray does that number matter?? i am still not sure. I have heard so many different things. I have heard over 37" you almost HAVE to go with a 1080 but under 37" it doesnt matter. anyone know?

TIA! :D

eta: ok so after looking I was really off in my original price of the 42" samsung...it must have been a sale price before or somthing. sorry :(

Edited by georgiapeach717

Let me clear up some things regarding 720p and 1080p. a tv that is 50 inch or lower a 720p can be just as good picture quality wise as a 1080p tv even with blu ray. the quality of the tv plays a bigger role the the rez. of tv. I have a 2 year old 720p 46 inch plasma that has a stunning pic on blu ray.

I also have a 720 Plasma Samsung (about 50") and it has a great picture. I do not notice any difference with a Blue Ray. But, I have to be honest that I don't notice a difference between regular & Blue Ray discs. I do notice the difference on the HD channels!

I have a 26" Samsung LCD, 32" Vizio LCD, and a 50" LG Plasma(also had a 42" Panasonic Plasma that I just sold to my parents so then I got the LG 50" to replace it). All 720P. Blue Ray looks great on all of them. I've looked at the same model/manufacturer 720P beside a 1080P several times and could not tell the difference in the picture to justify the 1080P price difference. My 2 cents.

Just got back from Sears! Mike was very helpful and educated us on TV's then got invited back for the f&f sale tomorrow nite! Plan on going back, get another 10% black Friday sales tomorrow night using my sears card! That comes to 15% off my big screen tv for my husband!

Can't make it tomorrow....use code NOVFF7 and order online!