Samsung Steam Washer/Dryer 50% off

jchavis

Models are in the WF400 series. Steam Washer and Dryer. Multiple coupon listings on EBay for those looking for these. Can only be used from 11/6-11/14 so go bid on your coupons if you did not receive them. Can save you $1200 on a top of the line set.

Wow! Thanks for that. Is there any fine print details on the back that make the deal less attractive? Because right now it sounds a little TOO good, if you know what I mean!

The only thing that makes it less attractive to me right now is that I cannot find any info about the model washer and dryer ANYWHERE. :confused: The Samsung website doesn't have them and the Best*Buy website doesn't have any reviews for them.

Also, the product locator is showing the item as unavailable for every zip code I put in. I've put in several different areas of the country.

Has anyone found any info about these specific models?

Samsung Steam Washer, WF407ANW/XA

Sku#9460923

Samsung Steam Dryer, DWV407AEW/XA

Sku#9461165

States on Best Buy site if you check delivery dates they can be in store next week.

I know the model numbers, but I can't find any information or reviews on the models. Consumer Reports, customer reviews, etc. It seems odd that Samsung does not have any information on their site about them. If you google the model number or SKU, the results returned are only the best buy website or various deal websites discussing the coupon.

The coupon also states "Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup." I called the local store this morning and they said the delivery dates available on the web site are for merchandise ordered online, not purchased in the store. The gentleman in appliances seemed to think that this was going to be a new product that would arrive for this coupon event.

It seems like it is a good deal. I'm just leery of a product that I can't find any reviews for.

Went to a nearby Best Buy last night and they had the 407s. These are new models. That's why there is not a lot of info out there. We had an employee uncrate a dryer so we could verify that it has steam. It does. As best as I can tell the 407s are identical to the 409s EXCEPT the 407 washer has steam capability as well. The 409 washer does not. Hope this helps!

EDIT - Here is a link to Samsung's download center pdf of the manual for the 409. Notice the cover says 409 AND 407. These are comparable units, except for the aforementioned steam issue.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200909/20090907153636562/WF409ANW-02657D.pdf

I bought the set last night, I'm so excited. They would not combine with the coupon for a 130.oo gift card if you spent $1000, I hemmed and hahhed and said I was thinking of going to Sears and they gave us a dryer cord (27.99 value) and $100 gift card! Now my Hubby doesn't have to sand out in the cold on Black Friday at Sears for their set!

First coupon in the silver rewards catolog was for a $130 gift card, if you spend $1000. To be honest a buddy at work was a silver member and let me use his coupon book and rewards card. (I believe he will get 30 bucks on his rewards card for letting me use it, My total was 1284.xx with tax)) Best buy already had my name in their computer and the salesman said the rewards card doesn't have to match the name! They actually did not even take the coupons but just scanned them. If any one wants I will mail out my coupons to them, first to ask, but I need to okay with my friend at work on Monday if okay with him. I guess basically just find someone who has a rewards card. I don't even think it has to be a "silver" member! I was never a big fan of best buy but they were awasome this week-end!(PS: just got back from picking up the set. I will be up all night doing laundry! yeah...)

I just wanted to put this out there....I went to BB this morning and ordered my washer & dryer. The guy that was working said that they are supposed to be checking to make sure the person using the coupon is actually the person that it was mailed to/has the rewards account. He checked my drivers license to to make sure my name & address matched my account. He also would not let us double up on coupons. He may have just been a "By the book" kind of guy (or a jerk) but be carefull if you are buying a coupon off of ebay. It would really stink to pay the money and BB not let you use it!

I'm excited. We bought a set today and the pedestals. They did not have a delivery date until next Friday so i do not have them yet but.... We went there to see if they would price match the Conn's add for an LG set with similar specs and no steam with free pedestals. We did not think we were eligible for this deal because we neglected to activate our RewardZOne card a few months back when we got it and did not have the coupon. They told us about the deal and we decided to give it a try since it had steam and a few more functions. Hope we like it when we get it. Still a big purchase for us but guess you can't beat 50% off plus teh Rewards benefits.

Got this set yesterday and delivery is a few days away and I am just wondering how everyone is loving or hating their machines before I get mine delivered!

I didnt have a coupon but might of mentioned I did have one at home so they gave it to me for the 50% off but still a little nervous spending 1200.00 on a washer and dryer set

Am I missing something????

Don't let the allure of 50% off blind you to reality.

Best Buy states on their website (as of 11/18/2009) that the actual retail price of this unit is $1499.99. Think about that. Why does this model cost more than the top of the line Samsung 448AAW with a retail price of only $1339.99? The 448AAW is rich in features. This model is not. The answer is that this is just a sales gimmick. It does not appear any competitors stock this particular model so Best Buy can claim any retail price it wants, so they inflated its value to get the 50% discount number. This model 407 resembles Samsung's entry level model 218 which retails around $900. I doubt this model they have on sale is even worth $700. Most of the reviews on their site are no doubt bogus written by Best Buy employees. Keep in mind that any store exclusive model carries the best profit margin for that retailer. You are not getting as great of a deal (if any) paying $599 for this washer. Buyer beware!!!!!!