Legos (Star Wars mostly)

I'm sure this comes up every year, but when/where are the best deals on Legos? I know they never really go on BIG sale, but surely there must be some way to take a little off the top with a BOGO or coupon or something like that. My son loves the Star Wars ones.

I have been buying Legos for 20 years now, first with my ds24 and now with my ds12. My younger prefers Bionicles. SI buy them at Walmart on clearance, never less than half price. If there is a specific one he wants, I go to Shopko when they are on sale, which is frequently or Kmart who has very little selection. Last year he wanted an 89.00 one and I got it off Walmart.com because after googling for a month they were the lowest price unfortunately walmart never has them on sale, just clearance. they have qeuite a few on theeir clearance aisle right now.. I've got enough legos in my house to build a house.

I'm sure this comes up every year, but when/where are the best deals on Legos? I know they never really go on BIG sale, but surely there must be some way to take a little off the top with a BOGO or coupon or something like that. My son loves the Star Wars ones.

My son also loves the Star Wars ones.Usually Target on BF has a few he wants but i wait for Amazon to have their HUGE!!! Logo sale.Last year i got most of my sons Star Wars Legos for like 50%-75% off.But you have to be there when the gun goes off or you miss them.Everyone year Amazon has this sale.Heres hoping they have it again this year.GL...

• 2 weeks later...
Came on here to post the same question. :) This is the year of the LEGO for us. My 5 1/2 year old loves them. I scored an office box full of Star Wars and Batman sets at a yard sale this past Spring. FOUR dollars. :eyepoppin So we have a great start for very little money. But now he wants more and I'd love to get him more basic blocks.

ToysRus usually has a 'big' Star Wars set on sale. Last year was the MTT (from Phantom Menace) and Target had a Star Destroyer (original trilogy) for about $60 each. A great deal considering they are usually $100+. Watch for both stores to have one again.

Toys R Us has a couple of Star Wars sets for 33% off during their 2 day sale this weekend. It is one of their doorbuster specials from 3PM to 11PM Friday and 8AM to1PM Saturday. HTH

Thanks! I'll have to check that out.

i think i am going to suck it up and since my son 5, says he just wants a "big box of legos" I am buying one of the 10 pound lots off of ebay. :( The one set he looked at is the police headquarters which is 89.99!! no way!

If your son is 5, Lego.com has a Duplo Police Station for $19.98(reg $39.99). That could save you a lot of money and he would probably like it just as much as the one you saw.

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=5602