Digital camera

Guest Frieked

Guest Frieked

Well, since the amazon digicam price mistakes got canceled I'm back to looking for a new digital camera to replace my old one that broke.

I'm looking for Brand name, non-refurb, 3MP minimum, 3X minimum optical zoom, preferably using SD for memory since I already have a couple of those cards.

Dell has some nice coupon codes but I feel I can do better than that.

Any help is appreciated.

Oh, and I'm looking to spend < $150 What's the best you think I can get?

Save an additional 10% if you pay with Dell DPA using coupon code

4J$PH2DZ8SZ12F.

Honestly, if you want a camera that will last a long time, go with the Canon. Both my dad and grandpa went with Kodaks in the past year, and they loved them. They don't age well, though, and they are already starting to have quality issues with their images.

Guest Frieked
Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll probably go with the A510 unless something better and/or cheaper comes along during this still ongoing woot-off!

Guest Frieked
Ok, now I gotta revise my question... via mypoints I'm getting $75 worth of gift cards for circuit shitty...so that'll increase the amount I'm willing to spend. Would your suggestions change any on cameras from $150-$225ish? Note: cameras must be sold by circuit city.

Why not buy the A510 from Dell, and use the CC gift cards for a case, extra memory, and rechargeable batteries? I just say that, because CC is overpriced, usually, on digital cameras.

However, these are all good pick, just look up the reviews on them and see which have features that you like the best.

Canon A510, Canon A520 (was in your price range a couple of weeks ago, I'm sure it will get there again), Sony DSC-S60, Nikon Coolpix 4600.

I agree with whats been said so far. In that price range, Id get the A510. This week, CC has the Sandisk Ultra II 512mb on sale for $40 after rebate. I would also pick up some rechargeable batteries for the Canon @ CC since you don't want to have to keep buying batteries.

Guest Frieked

Why not buy the A510 from Dell, and use the CC gift cards for a case, extra memory, and rechargeable batteries? I just say that, because CC is overpriced, usually, on digital cameras.

However, these are all good pick, just look up the reviews on them and see which have features that you like the best.

Canon A510, Canon A520 (was in your price range a couple of weeks ago, I'm sure it will get there again), Sony DSC-S60, Nikon Coolpix 4600.

Hmmm, you make a good point... I've got the case and rechargable batteries already from my last camera, the nice radio shack ones that charge in 15 minutes (and I never thought I could love a battery, these are great) I could use some more memory though, my largest sd card is only 128 mb which fills up rather quickly at highest quality setting. I've got a few weeks before the gift cards arrive, I think I'll use that time to see what kind of deals come up on those cameras elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...