Letter received from Walmart's legal reps (again)

Brad

:gdshocked:

Oh, wait. No I'm not.

It's their warped version of a holiday card!

HAHA!! That's funny!

Walmart hasn't been my first stop on BF since our Target was built. I do usually end up at Walmart at some point in the day before going home. Generally it's for something not BF related like groceries, but I do take a peek at the DVD's and that sorta thing, but never anything major.

I am not shocked. Lets just move on. One day it will bite them in the ass.

That would be nice....then maybe they would learn to lay off!

That would be nice....then maybe they would learn to lay off!

there ad was'nt that good last year plus alot of people got the bf deal's on line do you remember bf 2007 when wm on line crashed because so many did'nt want to go though the bull s**t at the store i think that they have less s**t:yuck: then last year i could be wrong

Their decision simply means I won't be one of the people hitting their sale! Last year I never did see their ad! I was in the store on Thanksgiving and they said the ad would be in Friday morning's paper. We were staying in a hotel where the paper was delivered at 3am but guess what--no Walmart ad. So we simply planned our strategy based on the info from this site and ads that were available!

• 3 weeks later...
My fiancee is a security guard and for the first two weeks of November he will have special detail guarding the printing of Walmart BF ads. Anyone who steals one or gets a peak will be fired on the spot. He said they have double security companies and only a limited amount of people are to be allowed near fliers. They will be shrink wrapped so that none can be cut out of bundles. He said he has never seen this over a flier.

My fiancee is a security guard and for the first two weeks of November he will have special detail guarding the printing of Walmart BF ads. Anyone who steals one or gets a peak will be fired on the spot. He said they have double security companies and only a limited amount of people are to be allowed near fliers. They will be shrink wrapped so that none can be cut out of bundles. He said he has never seen this over a flier.

This is just CRAZY if you ask me... The economy is in such bad shape you would think they would want to get the word out about their sales to get people into the stores. I guess they don't want the competitors to get a peak.

doing that just shows these employees/contractors that the ad is very valuable to the right people, and if anything will encourage someone (who wouldn't otherwise have even thought about it) to take it for that reason alone.

I went to a WM last year for BF, and it was the WORST experience at any store I have ever been to. I will never go to a WM store on BF, unless they are selling items for literally the price of dirt :P BB, Kohls, Target, Old Navy and a couple others are much better BF experiences.

I go to walmart as my LAST stop of the day so I can price match the video games that they other stores were out of that are on sale! LOL I don't think I bought anything else...oh wait a pair of High School Musical fleece jammie bottoms on the way out the door! ;-)

I won't be visiting WM, last year after stating they WOULD price match they did NOT! i stood in an line for nearly an hour arms full with ads in hand to be told "no! we will only match their regular price items"? ? i left empty handed. they can keep it!

You have to be careful about PM. Some stores will do it and some wont.

I won't be visiting WM, last year after stating they WOULD price match they did NOT! i stood in an line for nearly an hour arms full with ads in hand to be told "no! we will only match their regular price items"? ? i left empty handed. they can keep it!

If this year's Walmart BF ad is anything like the ones from the last few years, then they can wait until AFTER Black Friday to release it as far as I'm concerned. They really need to funnel some of the money they spend on their legal department on hiring someone in marketing who knows what an exciting Black Friday ad looks like.

++++1

WM, get a grip. How about a clue. This pisses people off and does not bring more sales.

One of the stores here tried that crap. That is just what it is, crap.

I heard through a source that in December only if you purchase something at a store other than Walmart, and walmarts price goes lower for that item, you can return your item at that certain store, bring your receipt to Walmart and purchase it there for the lower price, and get a Walmart gift card for the price difference.

Example:

A doll at TRU: 29.99

the same doll at Walmart 19.99

Return the doll to TRU, get your money back, then go to Walmart and purchase the doll at the lower price, show the receipt of your TRU purchase and get the $10 back in a Walmart gift card. Sounds cool to me! I guess they are going to be advertising it at the end of November.

Call walmart corp. and complain while you are in line. That is their store policy (at least it was last year). I have had this problem before and when the walmart "brass" gets involved they have always done what they were supposed to do.

I heard through a source that in December only if you purchase something at a store other than Walmart, and walmarts price goes lower for that item, you can return your item at that certain store, bring your receipt to Walmart and purchase it there for the lower price, and get a Walmart gift card for the price difference.

Example:

A doll at TRU: 29.99

the same doll at Walmart 19.99

Return the doll to TRU, get your money back, then go to Walmart and purchase the doll at the lower price, show the receipt of your TRU purchase and get the $10 back in a Walmart gift card. Sounds cool to me! I guess they are going to be advertising it at the end of November.

That would be awesome! I was checking some prices at TRU and walmart still had them cheaper! I hope that is true! Might as well make some cash along the way!!!

Last year Radio Shack had the PS3 controller for $29.99. I was not going to Radio Shack for one thing, so I went to WM with my wife and her sister. Of course, I had the ad (I bought a paper for the ads so I could PM). I spoke with a CSM while she was walking by, showed her the ad, she then told the cashier to ring it up for $29.99. I actually lost a bet about this though. My wife bet me that I would get the controller. I thought that WM was going to pull ALL the controllers off the shelves so they didn't have to PM. Let me tell you I still have dish pan hands because of this bet!!

Wow, that sucks! Their commercials clearly stated that they would PM on BF. I had no problem with it at my store.

There's a STRONG possibility that I wont be going to Walmart first this year. I mean, now that I think about it, I got things (pjs, towels, washclothes, board games) that I could have easily bought later in the day or even the next day. I didnt get any big ticket items. I did PM about 6 Leapster games that I got for $5 each, but still wasnt worth waiting outside & an hour in line for. I have come to the conclusion that I WASTED MY TIME! lol My decision has been made: I'll get there when I get there! Edited by mommyofanangelb

You know...instead of spending money in the legal department/security department guarding and protecting an ad that comes out ONCE a year, they really need to be focusing more on organized plans on BF to prevent the incidents that occurred last year. We all know that the death of that poor person could have been ultimately avoided if the store's method of opening the store was evaluated and improved. Poor planning on their part...and it truly tarnished their reputation.