NO-NO Items THIS Year!!!

Scanner420

all my DS5 wants is legos, and by the price i am concerned, however I dont know how picky your sons are, but TRU has another brand called "best lock" and me and hubby opened a box right in the store after looking at a 1000 piece set with figurines for 29 or 39.00. the box says compatable with legos b/c they ARE legos!!! Just a different brand. Anyhow look them up on TRU.com and you may be pleasantly surprised as I was! Looks like the (wo)man in red is making dreams come true this year! LOL! :yup:

They may be compatable with Lego, but the quality of the plastic is not. Lego is made of ABS plastic, much stronger stuff than Mega Block, Best Lock, etc., that use the type like plastic model kits.

Thanks that is good to know on both ends. I have never heard of that brand so I will look into them. My boys have a HUGE bucket of legos that was handed down from Bubby (their 17 year old big brother) last year and they have really more than they need but want to dang "cities" because they like playing lego star wars on the wii and it has a lego city play area. I will probably breakdown and get them a small set a piece and they can put them together and share them, as that is really the only thing they have asked for....that and nerf guns!! LOL Now, if they only sold them Kindle things for my DD13 for under 100 bucks so I could buy it, I would be the best mom ever!! LOL :D

We had 2... And if it stormed, they would talk everytime the lightning struck near us! We also had this quacking duck that did the same thing...even after we took the batteries out. Very freaky and strange...

OMG-I forgot all about that. My girls are in their teens now but I remember the furby was a must have and they DID talk all the time when it would storm. It was like a bad ET scene--the kids would be asleep in their rooms & a storm would roll in; they'd wake up, not from the lightning, but from the dang things going off and chattering at them. Next thing you know, 2 kids in our bed, zero sleep for the parents!

Thanks that is good to know on both ends. I have never heard of that brand so I will look into them. My boys have a HUGE bucket of legos that was handed down from Bubby (their 17 year old big brother) last year and they have really more than they need but want to dang "cities" because they like playing lego star wars on the wii and it has a lego city play area. I will probably breakdown and get them a small set a piece and they can put them together and share them, as that is really the only thing they have asked for....that and nerf guns!! LOL Now, if they only sold them Kindle things for my DD13 for under 100 bucks so I could buy it, I would be the best mom ever!! LOL :D

Here's your kindle fix--if you have a ipod touch, you can download Kindle for free as an app. 2 birds with one stone!

So far, we don't have anything that I'm going to say no to. We talk about their lists as we make them, and they're both pretty good about picking good things. Although...DS4 would like EVERYTHING he sees.... ;)

Although, both kids REALLY want that toothpaste thing that you stick to the mirror. :) DD6 says, "It gets the last bit of toothpaste out!"

What is up with the kids wanting this...lol. I am with the other posts about making this a very electronic-less Christmas. I am doing very traditional gifts this year... oh wait, I forgot about the DS.....lol. :cheesy:

We don't have any no-no's yet as my ODD is almost 3 and I have a 5 month old DD. But it's funny a LOT of the stuff you guys have mentioned I don't like, lol. I'm not even sure what to get my oldest this year...I'm at least done with oversized items like a kitchen (she got that last year). So I guess it will be either Barbies, books,and/or arts and crafts.

We have never had a NO NO list, but I must admit.... I could not wait for him to outgrow the mega and lego blocks. They just cluttered up the house.

And step on (insert screaming, swearing parent here) :yup:

My DD has a candy grabbing toy that goes off for no reason. She will say "Mom! Casper turned it on again!" lol.

I wish I could put Twilight crap on the "NO NO" list.. but DD won't do it...

Snuggies - come one, put your robe on backwards or use a blanket to stay warm in a chilly room while watching TV...but $20 for a fleece blanket with sleeves? Uh-uh. No. Nope. Never! [And for 2009, they are introducing Snuggies for the family dog...!]

I think this is going to be wifes gag gift (she really hates this too)

Any music that I hate. The kids always want to listen to it in the car when we're driving and some of my sons CDs make me want to drive off a cliff .

I can so relate to that! Why do they feel like they HAVE to share their musical taste with us in the car?

My boys have CD players/ipods/laptops with itunes they can listen to in their rooms all day and never do, but the minute we hop in the car, it's a concert for mom! :eyepoppin

I just came across my first no no item this year, the barbie b nail printer. It is a printer that prints pictures directly onto your fingernails. It is a cool concept but it costs 179.00. There is no way I am buying that for my DD5, I don't care what my DH says.

I just came across my first no no item this year, the barbie b nail printer. It is a printer that prints pictures directly onto your fingernails. It is a cool concept but it costs 179.00. There is no way I am buying that for my DD5, I don't care what my DH says.

$179.00?! I had now idea. It looks cool on tv but I told my daughter that I don't believe it will work as well as shown.

Holy cow...for 179 it better give me a manicure and a massage!! LOL :eek:

Holy cow...for 179 it better give me a manicure and a massage!! LOL :eek:

i would add another requirement for that price but this isnt the GD after dark section

Now i HAVE to go look at this thing lOl Haven't seen a commercial yet

Did see a (bratz maybe) hair coloring thing...uh NO

i woulthis thing lOl Haven't seen a commercial yetd add another requirement for that price but this isnt the GD after dark section

Now i HAVE to go look at

Did see a (bratz maybe) hair coloring thing...uh NO

DD6 saw a bratz hair dye/color/whatever kit on clearance a few months ago. She saw Target's orange clearance sticker on it and figured her chances were good so she hounded me until we had to leave the store. She has been begging for pink hairspray ever since! She will not be getting hair color stuff or the cupcake maker she has been begging for. I do plan on getting her a regular mini-muffin tin, though. I've already picked up some cake mix and mini cupcake baking cups. Hopefully she can be excited about that.

We watch the show Cops a lot. So my daughter has wanted a taser for the past 2 years. She is only 11 years old. Needless to say there will be no taser under the tree this year:no:

:rotflol: This is so funny. Can you imagine an 11yr old running around with a taser :eyepoppin

DD6 saw a bratz hair dye/color/whatever kit on clearance a few months ago. She saw Target's orange clearance sticker on it and figured her chances were good so she hounded me until we had to leave the store. She has been begging for pink hairspray ever since! She will not be getting hair color stuff or the cupcake maker she has been begging for. I do plan on getting her a regular mini-muffin tin, though. I've already picked up some cake mix and mini cupcake baking cups. Hopefully she can be excited about that.

Our girls must know each other cause those are two of the other items on her list. The hair color thing sounds like a huge mess just waiting to happen. Can anyone say new rugs? I have not checked out the cupcake thing yet, but the easybake oven she got last year has been in the closet taking up space since 12/26. I like your idea about the muffin tins and cake mix. Maybe I'll make her a basket of her own baking supplies.

My sister is a avid baker and loves to make cupcakes especially. So for my dd's 8th b-day Auntie got her an easy bake.... It's been used once... She says it's to much trouble and she would rather just eat something else for dessert. on top of that she can't use it by herself, so i would rather just bake a whole batch of cookies with her.... The bag of mix is the same price... One easy bake cookie or 2 dozen betty crocker cookies... hmmm, seems pretty obvious to me...

I haven't looked into the cupcake thing yet but she has asked for it....She won't be getting it though...

Her big item this year is a trampoline. She really wants one and I am a former gymnast so I wouldn't mind one as well!

And I am only hoping I can keep the barbie nail thing out of her sight... that is not coming home with me especially not for $180!!!

well.. yeah, legos are really expensive.. but.. my 8 year old son has played with them every day for atleast the past 3 years and that is no exaggeration. He rebuilds, invents, creates, and plays with them in numerous ways. Oh yeah, and he spends pretty much every dollar he earns or gets on buying even more legos. It's a toy that doesn't require batteries, requires both sides of the brain to be used when playing with them and is extremely durable.

So it is worth every stinkin penny imho. Though I still can't bring myself to buy the sets that are $75 and up.

As for my nonos... Nintendo DS. I refuse to allow my son to be sucked into Nintendo DS world when we go out. He can learn to amuse himself through conversation, drawing and reading. It's a skill that will come in handy his entire life. We have a Wii at home anyway and that's enough.

How many times did you wake up and that stupid Furby was STILL TALKING!?! I have heard many people say that they would never shut up. I never had one... but I feel for you all. They are CREEPY!

We had two and one that I swear we took the batteries out of it and it would still make a noises and it would go off when you were home by yourself and it was sitting in a box with no light or anything very very creepy.:fluffy:

Needless to say its gone.

our No-No list

Pokemon/Yughio cards

DS games (Yep my DD took all of her games last year on a band trip that she wasn't suppose to take them on and left them or lost the whole case of them on the bus. She has the DS and two games (oh and two new ones she purchased with her own money) I refuse to buy anymore for her.