NO-NO Items THIS Year!!!

Scanner420

Sock skates? I would soooo buy these for myself! Do they make them in adult sizes?

Though I have upset a many (ex) gfs single moms with "no-no" gifts. Apparently this was not a good gift... I was in Japan and her kids (who saw this bug fighting thing on an anime) wanted an arena for bugs to fight in so I got them one.

http://www.japanesebugfights.com/

Another bad gift was getting a kid a cheap drum set, so was this...

http://www.amazon.com/Jumpin-Banana-SHOCKING-ARM-WRESTLING/dp/B000JWP2O8

In my defence it said 14 years and up!!! The kid was clearly 14!

I am SO getting my brother the shock thing HA!

I have four boys hounding me for a dog and now my husband has joined their team. I am going to hold strong - good luck to you!

You too!!! I am going to try to "hold strong" till spring...who wants to train a dog in the winter in Ohio?! NOT ME!

I lost the dog battle two years ago, 5-1!! Guess who picks up after the dog...me! Guess who feeds the dog.....me! Guess who gives the dog water.......me! Guess who pays the damned vet bill.....me! Guess who WON"T be letting another animal into my house again?!?!?!

See...... this would be me too! Maybe we need a fish first :)

You too!!! I am going to try to "hold strong" till spring...who wants to train a dog in the winter in Ohio?! NOT ME!

we did it last year...when the day we were supposed to pick up pup we couldnt cause we had been declared state of emergency for frigid temps...you would think that would have said something to me...like -10 is NOT when you want to be begging a puppy to piddle

Around our house, I've banned no more of those little finger skateboards. Ds has a few of them and plays with them on his floor which is right above my livingroom couch. All I hear is flip, flip, flip, flip while he's watching tv. That and those little bouncy balls.:D

Snuggies - come one, put your robe on backwards or use a blanket to stay warm in a chilly room while watching TV...but $20 for a fleece blanket with sleeves? Uh-uh. No. Nope. Never! [And for 2009, they are introducing Snuggies for the family dog...!]

I thought that too - but I got one for my mom who is going through chemo and she loves it to death. she says it's more comfy than wearing her robe, it covers her toes unlike the robe, and unlike a blanket she can keep her arms covered while she's reading a book... plus it is super soft.

so. i guess i got sold on it. i don't think i'd get one for me ever, but i'm probably going to get more for my mom as she only has the one.

the rules are the same at the holidays as any other time of the year. 1) No toys that make noise. 2) No guns. real, toy or otherwise. 3) no snakes (real)

We have bakugan (on hiatus at the moment) and trading cards, moon sand has not been a problem - each time they use it I can sweep up more. We have an EZ bake, and the kids would love a snuggie - but couldn't you just sew a couple seams on a cheap fleece blanket?

The big issue this year isn't what is banned but what is Santa going to bring ?!?!?! Last Year santa brought DD a cell phone (Mom said not till your 14, so DD *KNows* there is a santa...) and DS got a nintendo DS.

well the cell phone is working out ok... the DS went through the wash..... Santa often brings things that mom and dad wouldn't buy... but what? (oh, and my kids only get 1 thing from santa soooooo.. that one has to be good!)

Polly Pockets. The actual figures I don't mind...its the little clothes and shoes that never stay on and I find the cats chewing on. Also, the playsets never EVER work the way they show in commercials and fall apart constantly. Polly is banned in our house.

AHA! I don't have a crazy cat! or maybe we both do. I had to break the santa news to my oldest this year, I figured I should tell her as she got the crap kicked out of her in school last year for defending 'him'. you know what she says to me "oh come on mom I figured it out last year when they were hitting me over it" Here I've been freaking out for 8 + months about how to tell her!!!!!!!! she is more excited this year than ever (she gets to go shopping on BF!) she is spry and can run. So not alot is banned this year for her. just no stupid toys nobody will ever play with. We still have crap IN the BOXES FROM 2 YRS AGO!!! thanks grandparents! I'll probably do "room makeovers in a box" for everyone. The best gift that actually brought kids to happy tears were new electric blankets!!!! go figure.

Polly Pockets. The actual figures I don't mind...its the little clothes and shoes that never stay on and I find the cats chewing on. Also, the playsets never EVER work the way they show in commercials and fall apart constantly. Polly is banned in our house.

I understand the mess they can be, but DD loves them, so they are a yes at our house. I have not tried any of the big playsets yet so thanks for the warning. We do have the car and the smaller boat and they work well.

Zhu-Zhu pets I refuse to drive everywhere in search of a toy that will never be played with!

I soooo agree!

If I am going to have that big of a set-up,I'll have real pets (which I do not want at this time).

I refuse to get caught up in the hoopla of the Hot Toy Du Jour.

Sometimes it's just the priniciple of the thing!

Sorry, this just cracks me up.....our cats are always chomping on Polly's purse or shoe or some accessory!!:cheesy:

OK so my no no list is any more stuffed animals!!!! OMG we have bags and bags of these things we moved recently and we had six garbage bags full!!! So no more!!

And I agree about Polly Pockets those things are horrible they are always in my washer and dryer!!

And for the Moon sand I got lucky my daughter would not play with it she said it felt gross!!

OK so my no no list is any more stuffed animals!!!! OMG we have bags and bags of these things we moved recently and we had six garbage bags full!!! So no more!!

My daughter used a space bag and was able to combine all the stuffed animals in to one large bag. It was amazing how many fit in the large bag.

the rules are the same at the holidays as any other time of the year. 1) No toys that make noise. 2) No guns. real, toy or otherwise. 3) no snakes (real)

We have bakugan (on hiatus at the moment) and trading cards, moon sand has not been a problem - each time they use it I can sweep up more. We have an EZ bake, and the kids would love a snuggie - but couldn't you just sew a couple seams on a cheap fleece blanket?

The big issue this year isn't what is banned but what is Santa going to bring ?!?!?! Last Year santa brought DD a cell phone (Mom said not till your 14, so DD *KNows* there is a santa...) and DS got a nintendo DS.

well the cell phone is working out ok... the DS went through the wash..... Santa often brings things that mom and dad wouldn't buy... but what? (oh, and my kids only get 1 thing from santa soooooo.. that one has to be good!)

LMAO, that is how it is here.....atleast for the youngest 2! There are always a few things they want that I say no to and "Santa" brings them,lol. DD10 also insists there is no way mom has that much money......she doesn't know about DH's Christmas bonus check,lol.

Anything my kids used to have, never played with, and then got rid of. Example: my girls used to have TONS of Polly Pockets. They never played with them so I bagged them all up and sent them to GoodWill. They didn't care one tiny bit when I got rid of them, and have not even mentioned them once since then either. (got rid of them a little over a year ago) Suddenly now my older DD is asking for them for Christmas. Not gonna happen, especially since she's wanting me to invest in practically the entire American Girl collection.

My kids love the bendaroos.

The only NO-NO here is my boys (they are 5) want a box of nails and a hammer. REAL ones...lol. If it wasnt cold outside that time of year I might consider it so they could go out and pound nails into boards or something, but they won't be doing that in the house!

HAHAHAHAHA.. becareful what ya wish for my brother when he was about 3 took a REALLY nice picnic table that was 14 feet long and umm put nails in every inch of the top. at first my mother thought it was cute but in the end it was not so cute

Great thread!

I say No-No to Bakugan!

If I step on 1 more of these stinkin things......

I also second the puppy thing! I now have ALL 4 men in my house "hounding" me to get a dog....

Is it time to give in even though I know who will be feeding it and walking it?!?

LOL.. now someone needs a puppy for Christmas as my dog is going to have Christmas pups.. and i sure dont want them to stay here 3 dogs is enough

AHA! I don't have a crazy cat! or maybe we both do. I had to break the santa news to my oldest this year, I figured I should tell her as she got the crap kicked out of her in school last year for defending 'him'. you know what she says to me "oh come on mom I figured it out last year when they were hitting me over it" Here I've been freaking out for 8 + months about how to tell her!!!!!!!! she is more excited this year than ever (she gets to go shopping on BF!) she is spry and can run. So not alot is banned this year for her. just no stupid toys nobody will ever play with. We still have crap IN the BOXES FROM 2 YRS AGO!!! thanks grandparents! I'll probably do "room makeovers in a box" for everyone. The best gift that actually brought kids to happy tears were new electric blankets!!!! go figure.

be glad your kid believed you about santa.. took me an entire 2 years to get my daughter to realize mom is santa i could NOT be mom and santa at the same time.. sgh

Guest BargainCat

nothing small, cheap, and totally worthless - that will wind up in next yrs garage sale

No more cute clutter, thats useless.