NO-NO Items THIS Year!!!

Scanner420

Nothing remote controlled. DGD has two dinosaurs, a car, a dog and robot that just sit on the shelf taking up space. They were a "must have" item for her the last 2 years and have probably only been played with a few times. Of course, DD can't get rid of them because DGD says I play with that and gets it down that day to play with.

Pretty much any traditional toy that you can find at Target, WalMart, Toys R Us, etc. I am in the process of doing a thorough cleaning of my kids playroom. Everything that they do not use seems to be things that move/talk/make noise/electronic/etc. Most of that stuff is all going to the garage sale I'm having soon. I'm buying more "non-traditional" toys this year, with the exception of a few of the new Fisher Price Animalville sets since my 2 year old loves Little People. I plan on getting a domino race set, some Keva planks, lots of crafts for my creative 5 year old....stuff like that. Now to just steer the grandparents away from those toys that end up in the "garage sale" box a few months down the road.

I, too, have been sucked into every item on Scanner's original posted list. And every one of them should have been a huge NO NO!!!! And, like vsa3janes, whenever I talk about getting rid of something, it suddenly becomes the toy du jour. for that day.

You guys make me feel so less alone!!

Thanks for the smiles! :D

Edited by Tink
edited to add: the reason I got to this thread? looking for info on Zhu Zhu pets. HA!

So far, we don't have anything that I'm going to say no to. We talk about their lists as we make them, and they're both pretty good about picking good things. Although...DS4 would like EVERYTHING he sees.... ;)

Although, both kids REALLY want that toothpaste thing that you stick to the mirror. :) DD6 says, "It gets the last bit of toothpaste out!"

So far, we don't have anything that I'm going to say no to. We talk about their lists as we make them, and they're both pretty good about picking good things. Although...DS4 would like EVERYTHING he sees.... ;)

Although, both kids REALLY want that toothpaste thing that you stick to the mirror. :) DD6 says, "It gets the last bit of toothpaste out!"

That toothbrush thing grosses me out with how everyones toothbrush has to touch it. :yuck:

That's what I think! And with how yucky their toothbrushes get if I don't watch them...talk about gross!

To me, that's what hands are for...squeeze your own toothpast! :yup:

unless they are like my kids and the toothpaste winds up all over the bathroom, that is why I want one, and they have them at Dollar General ;)

Great thread!

I say No-No to Bakugan!

If I step on 1 more of these stinkin things......

I also second the puppy thing! I now have ALL 4 men in my house "hounding" me to get a dog....

Is it time to give in even though I know who will be feeding it and walking it?!?

I am so tired of picking up Pokeman cards and Yugioh cards all over the floor. No more of those! I am cutting way down on toys in general. I am tired of picking them up and the kids not playing with them. I have always brought a lot of toys for my kids but I have finally seen the light!!!

I agree with you so much! Buuuuut will i stick with it? I dunno, cuz when you see something on SALE and they have been asking and asking for it it's STILL hard not to pick it up ( IF the sale is a good one! lol)

the only "no no's" i can think of right now would be Yugioh cards, moon sand, and some kind of hair glitter pens our little one has just seen on Tv lately. Looks like a mess waiting to happen.

Snuggies - come one, put your robe on backwards or use a blanket to stay warm in a chilly room while watching TV...but $20 for a fleece blanket with sleeves? Uh-uh. No. Nope. Never! [And for 2009, they are introducing Snuggies for the family dog...!]

There are also kids sizes and new prints so you can distinguish your cult from others or represent your cults favorite team.

Btw it irritates me that my kids want these so badly and won't put clothes on......a sweatshirt does the same thing!

My kids love the bendaroos.

The only NO-NO here is my boys (they are 5) want a box of nails and a hammer. REAL ones...lol. If it wasnt cold outside that time of year I might consider it so they could go out and pound nails into boards or something, but they won't be doing that in the house!

Boy, does that bring back memories! My son, and I still have it on video, was so excited when he received a box of nails for Christmas one year. He didn't have that reaction to any of the pricey toys he opened, just the nails!!!

Snuggies - come one, put your robe on backwards or use a blanket to stay warm in a chilly room while watching TV...but $20 for a fleece blanket with sleeves? Uh-uh. No. Nope. Never! [And for 2009, they are introducing Snuggies for the family dog...!]

I haven't decided if this is a no or not yet. Everytime we are in line a Wal-Mart DD shows me the pink one. I know she would like one. I think it is only $15 there now too.

Great thread!

I say No-No to Bakugan!

If I step on 1 more of these stinkin things......

I also second the puppy thing! I now have ALL 4 men in my house "hounding" me to get a dog....

Is it time to give in even though I know who will be feeding it and walking it?!?

I have four boys hounding me for a dog and now my husband has joined their team. I am going to hold strong - good luck to you!

Sock skates? I would soooo buy these for myself! Do they make them in adult sizes?

Though I have upset a many (ex) gfs single moms with "no-no" gifts. Apparently this was not a good gift... I was in Japan and her kids (who saw this bug fighting thing on an anime) wanted an arena for bugs to fight in so I got them one.

http://www.japanesebugfights.com/

Another bad gift was getting a kid a cheap drum set, so was this...

http://www.amazon.com/Jumpin-Banana-SHOCKING-ARM-WRESTLING/dp/B000JWP2O8

In my defence it said 14 years and up!!! The kid was clearly 14!

I lost the dog battle two years ago, 5-1!! Guess who picks up after the dog...me! Guess who feeds the dog.....me! Guess who gives the dog water.......me! Guess who pays the damned vet bill.....me! Guess who WON"T be letting another animal into my house again?!?!?!

Thanks for my laugh of the day!! :cheesy::lolrun::rotflol::gddogwoot::2dog: