NO-NO Items THIS Year!!!

Scanner420

Hey!!

What items are you excluding from your lists this year even though your kids "Really Really" want them??

Sock Skates- Two pieces of plastic that you strap to your feet so you can skate on the rug. My friend's daughter broke her arm and another's son ended up with stitches in the his after he crashed and had a lamp land on his head. Everytime my kids see them, their eyes light up like a Christmas Tree (no pun intended)...especiallly when they're doing tricks off the tables. NO!! NO!!

Pixo's- From their first inception, I had a bad feeling about them and felt great about they're recall. Then they came back, safer, but still a nitemare to the laundry! NO!! NO!!

Bendaroo's- Melted wax on a string. Clever, but another nitemare if it reaches the dryer. NO!! NO!!

Moon Sand- I don't think I need to go into specifics here. NO!! NO!!

these are some of mine.......more later!

Your list is right on the money in my house also ....

Sock Skates- Two pieces of plastic that you strap to your feet so you can skate on the rug. My friend's daughter broke her arm and another's son ended up with stitches in the his after he crashed and had a lamp land on his head. Everytime my kids see them, their eyes light up like a Christmas Tree (no pun intended)...especiallly when they're doing tricks off the tables. NO!! NO!!

I have not seen these yet but NO WAY!

Pixo's- From their first inception, I had a bad feeling about them and felt great about they're recall. Then they came back, safer, but still a nitemare to the laundry! NO!! NO!!

Not to mention they are always all over the rug!

Bendaroo's- Melted wax on a string. Clever, but another nitemare if it reaches the dryer. NO!! NO!!

Waist of money so I try to walk fast in Walgreens when I see them ;)

Moon Sand- I don't think I need to go into specifics here. NO!! NO!!

We went to a yard sale this weekend and my daughter was jumping for joy when she found a HUGE lot of moon sand for $5. - I crushed her little heart when I told her no way in BLEEP was she or I buying that stuff!!

I would also like to add Gack to the list, my daughter loves it and all I can say is GROSS!

I agree about the moonsand, lucky for me DD likes her playdough better. I was considering the bendaroos and that new paper one that is out. She also liked the carpet skates but if they are dangerous that will be a no (thanks for letting me know).

I am so tired of picking up Pokeman cards and Yugioh cards all over the floor. No more of those! I am cutting way down on toys in general. I am tired of picking them up and the kids not playing with them. I have always brought a lot of toys for my kids but I have finally seen the light!!!

I don't think that Bratz dolls are even allowed to be produced anymore. They do have some new dolls out that resemble them but are a bit more conservative,lol.

I believe that "Moxy girls" replaced them, never liked bratz and never bought them for dd and these new ones don't look much better to me so a difinate no on them.

I agree about the moonsand, lucky for me DD likes her playdough better. I was considering the bendaroos and that new paper one that is out. She also liked the carpet skates but if they are dangerous that will be a no (thanks for letting me know).

No problem. My kids just sock skate on the wood floor in the entryway and they're happy with that.

I'll show you...

These things FREAK ME OUT!! lol.

My youngest was scared, ****less of that thing when he was little. He wouldn't come in the room and would cry if he thought he heard it talking.

I would say my no no is the zhu zhu pets. I think they are something just waiting to be thrown aside a week after xmas.

My kids love the bendaroos.

The only NO-NO here is my boys (they are 5) want a box of nails and a hammer. REAL ones...lol. If it wasnt cold outside that time of year I might consider it so they could go out and pound nails into boards or something, but they won't be doing that in the house!

My kids love the bendaroos.

The only NO-NO here is my boys (they are 5) want a box of nails and a hammer. REAL ones...lol. If it wasnt cold outside that time of year I might consider it so they could go out and pound nails into boards or something, but they won't be doing that in the house!

On my 5th birthday, I asked to use a hammer and hit nails into a crate. First swing, Hammer hit my thumb nail and it broke into a mosaic of blood and fingernail shells. I never wanted to hammer anything after that. Now I have a power drill instead and this is 25 yrs later

Sad to say I have either bought or still have everything listed in this thread (except the dolls since I have all boys) and I agree with all of you! I remember hiding that Furby thing in the back corner of closet so it would shut up! Bendaroos, moon sand, carpet slidders, pixos, pokeman and yu-gi-oh cards and especially a puppy are on the Never Again List. I would also add any large nerf gun that comes out since they never work and any robotic dinasaur! :)

Polly Pockets. The actual figures I don't mind...its the little clothes and shoes that never stay on and I find the cats chewing on. Also, the playsets never EVER work the way they show in commercials and fall apart constantly. Polly is banned in our house.

Sad to say I have either bought or still have everything listed in this thread (except the dolls since I have all boys) and I agree with all of you! I remember hiding that Furby thing in the back corner of closet so it would shut up! Bendaroos, moon sand, carpet slidders, pixos, pokeman and yu-gi-oh cards and especially a puppy are on the Never Again List. I would also add any large nerf gun that comes out since they never work and any robotic dinasaur! :)

How many times did you wake up and that stupid Furby was STILL TALKING!?! I have heard many people say that they would never shut up. I never had one... but I feel for you all. They are CREEPY!

How many times did you wake up and that stupid Furby was STILL TALKING!?! I have heard many people say that they would never shut up. I never had one... but I feel for you all. They are CREEPY!

We had 2... And if it stormed, they would talk everytime the lightning struck near us! We also had this quacking duck that did the same thing...even after we took the batteries out. Very freaky and strange...