Anyone shopped on BF while pregnant???

stacy0479

I went 6 months pregnant last year and USED the hell out of my big belly at Walmart. I put my hand on my belly and did the quiet" excuse me" over and over, and people parted like the red sea for me...It was awesome!

My best friend and BF buddy went one year a day after giving birth.

Well just hit the 6 month mark with these twins and have to do Black Friday alone as everyone bailed on me. I am a tad nervous that I will get exhausted early since I don't have any help. Oh well hope the people behind me don't mind me sitting in line instead of standing when possible.

I did it when I was 33wks pregnant, and my shopping partner got sick so I went it alone. The "belly" is an advantage, but be ready to be swollen at the end of the day. When I got home, I put my feet up immediately and started to down the water. I think it took 3 days before I saw my ankles!

The first time I went while preggers, I was 8+ months along and ended up having my little girl 6 days late, on Dec. 11. Second time I was supposed to have a c-section and I got to choose when, so I purposefully elected to wait until after BF- Went shopping friday, had my little boy on weds. I had great pregnancies and felt fine, but I think I was lucky in that respect, and shopping in Kansas City I didn't run into anyone who pushed me around or was rude or anything. Just lots of sympathetic looks! Being pregnant with twins though, be careful and definitely take all these other gal's great advice!

I never have but at 23 weeks, I would have done it. With twins, I was still on the boat, still working, still doing all my regular stuff at that point along. I would just be careful and make sure to take someone with you and have snacks and plenty of fluids :) Have fun, my twins are 3 months so I wont be doing much BF out this year :(

Well just hit the 6 month mark with these twins and have to do Black Friday alone as everyone bailed on me. I am a tad nervous that I will get exhausted early since I don't have any help. Oh well hope the people behind me don't mind me sitting in line instead of standing when possible.

6 months pregnant with twins and your peeps bailed on you!?!?!?! OMG!!! You need some new friends!

I'm just kidding, I'm sure your friends are lovely people... But seriously you should try to guilt at least one person into going with you!

I am 3 1/2 months and I will be going. This will not be my first time going BF shopping while pregnant. I was only about 10 weeks pregnant with my son when I went before. The worst thing about that is that I was still getting morning sickness really bad.

I was about 3 months pregnant with my daughter when I went before. With my oldest son, he was born 4 days before Thanksgiving. I still went out that Friday. I had no problems shopping. I just felt bad about leaving him so soon so I did not shop as much as I normally do. I stayed in my area and kept going back home to feed him.

I just found out that I am pregnant, I am in my early 40's, with the morning, noon and night sickness. I decided to stay home in my warm bed..my husband was in shock this morning, as to why I didn't go out. (He doesn't know that I am pregnant as I just found out and haven't told him yet..I want to see the doctor first.)

Now I can officially say that I shopped on black Friday while pregnant. I am 36 weeks and am due to have my little one December 22. Overall it was a good experience. Most people were nice and didn't crowd me. I did however have a redneck get angry with me for doing a price adjustment at 7am at Staples. I think he was just upset because he waiting outside in the cold/wind and was having to wait again on me to do my adjustment. I just giggled to myself because really what crazy person comes out on black Friday and doesn't expect to wait in line for anything?! I feel pretty good right now except I am just really tired. I have a 4 year old so hubby and I are sleeping in shifts. My turn should be very soon :-D

How was it for everyone else?

I made it! I'm 15 1/2 weeks and have the morning/noon/night sickness. I went to bed at 9pm and woke up at midnight - of all things I was hungry! I went back to bed but kept thinking about my BF plan of attack. I finally fell asleep around 2am, only to get back up at 3am to start my day. I was on the road by 0335 and arrived at JCPenny at exactly 4am (took one of my morning sickness pills on my way to JCP), I hit Target at 5:10, TRU at 5:45am, the BX at 6:30, then I went to the mall, Justice, Motherhood, Sears (twice) and numerous trips to the bathroom, then Sports Authority and Michaels... my friend who was supposed to go w/me did not contact me until much later in the day, we didn't meet up until after 10:30am. We went to lunch around 11:30 and then hit Target (again for me). I had two more quick stops to make (Pet store and Walgreens) and I made it home by 2pm feeling pretty good. I am now however officially exhausted - I think the day finally caught up with me around 4:30pm!

Jordan - I am 37 and this was a huge surprise for us - I hope you have a have a happy healthy pregnancy and get over the morning sickness sooner than I have (ask for Zofran if you need it).

I too made it! And alone too!!! All my people bailed on me too! I was lucky enough to drag DF with me to Target at 4:30AM but had a horrible experience there. I posted in the "what deals did you get" thread.

People were really nice though. No problems at all. I laughed at people when they wanted by me and said excuse me for me to move, but when I had no where to move and couldn't suck my belly in, they went another way. I got out of Target at 9:30, again see my post on the other thread. I then went to Kohls and by the time I was done there, I was getting really hot and was scared I was going to have a fainting episode, but got out of there on time. I had gotten DS some socks and kept dropping them cause I had no cart or bag. And the lady in front of me was nice enough to keep picking them up for me. It was about 11 when I left Kohls, so I went to Krispy Kreme, had some sugar then went home and took a 2 hour nap. I went to the mall afterwards and was excited to find an expectant mother parking spot right in front. I was there for about 3 hours and left to come home. I kept sitting down after every store in the mall.

I was a little sore, my feet and back hurt but that is about it. I feel tired today and so far have been relaxing. Still not done shopping but I won't do hardcore shopping anymore. :)

I made it. My DS was having trouble sleeping the night before. He ended up falling asleep about 2:30 so I just took a shower and got ready to go. Left my house at 3:00 went to Old Navy, then Kohl's. Then went to pick up my mom and DD15. We then went to Walmart, Target, Sams Club, Kmart, Meijer, Walgreens, CVS, Big Lots and Sears. Took mom home then came back to my area. Went to Toys R Us, Justice Old Navy (again) and another Kmart. Took my stuff home cause my car was full. Then went back out to another Target and another Walmart. Made it home about 1:30. Wow, 10 hours of shopping.

Got almost everything off of my list. We did Thanksgiving with my in-laws Thursday so we were having dinner with my family on Friday. So when I got home I had to cook for several hours. Thankfully DH put the Turkey in the oven for me.

By the time night came I was EXHAUSTED as I did not sleep at all Thanksgiving night. My feet were swollen. I fell asleepabout 9:30 and slept till 9:00 today. Don't think I ever slept that much in one night.

However, my feet are still swollen.

I too made it! And alone too!!! All my people bailed on me too! I was lucky enough to drag DF with me to Target at 4:30AM but had a horrible experience there. I posted in the "what deals did you get" thread.

People were really nice though. No problems at all. I laughed at people when they wanted by me and said excuse me for me to move, but when I had no where to move and couldn't suck my belly in, they went another way. I got out of Target at 9:30, again see my post on the other thread. I then went to Kohls and by the time I was done there, I was getting really hot and was scared I was going to have a fainting episode, but got out of there on time. I had gotten DS some socks and kept dropping them cause I had no cart or bag. And the lady in front of me was nice enough to keep picking them up for me. It was about 11 when I left Kohls, so I went to Krispy Kreme, had some sugar then went home and took a 2 hour nap. I went to the mall afterwards and was excited to find an expectant mother parking spot right in front. I was there for about 3 hours and left to come home. I kept sitting down after every store in the mall.

I was a little sore, my feet and back hurt but that is about it. I feel tired today and so far have been relaxing. Still not done shopping but I won't do hardcore shopping anymore. :)

good for you sweetie, you done did good lol!

I made it! I am 31 weeks pregnant. Went to bed about 8:30 on Thanksgiving night. Woke up at 1:45. Bought my TV from walmart.com about 2:30 or so. My sister arrived, and we left my house at 3:00, got in line at Kohls for their 4:00 opening. Were checked out and back in the car by 4:04 am. Went to ShopKo for their 5:00 am opening. Then headed out to the mall. Did all the stores there. When we would get a load of bags, my sister would drop me off at the food court to sit down, and she would bring the stuff out to the car. That little rest did me good. I did get hot and dizzy while in Aerie, but right afterwards was when my sister did the first dump off (and brought me my water that I had forgotten in the car!). Newborn stuff at Childrens Place was 40% off, with the entire store an additional 25% off, so I got some great things for baby!! Lunch was at 11:00 at Red Lobster, did a few more stops after that, and I was back home about 2:30 or so. Forced myself to stay away until 8, and on Saturday, got up and headed to the spa for a prenatal massage and pedicure!!!