Anyone shopped on BF while pregnant???

stacy0479

You should be okay but I would talk to your OB about it, too. I went last year while I was pregnant. Hit a couple of stores by myself, then had my husband and son meet me for the Target mad house, then hit a couple of stores after that by myself. I had to drink alot of fluids but still ended up with Braxton Hicks that sent me home a little earlier. After a nap and more fluids/food they stopped. My daughter was born on 2/10/09. BUT when it came time for the Xmas/after Xmas shopping my OB said no way. She was worried about the baby and was putting me on house rest.

If you don't feel up to going just concentrate on on line sales. You would rather miss a few bargains and keep incubating those babies than stress yourself out for something on Black Friday. Some people can be rude.

Last year I wasn't pregnant, but I was nursing :tongue1:, which made for an interesting morning. Somewhere in between stores, I found the time to use my pump and get the "necessities" out of the way. I wouldn't have had a problem going out pregnant though since the stores around here were great about keeping things under control.

Yes, I did it twice. I was due in March and February respectively so I wasn't uncomfortable yet or anything. I just wasn't as aggresive as I normally am...you know no leaping over things or reaching too far. Things went well but just be aware of your surroundings and try to stay away from any possible charging.

I don't have any children but I hope to one day... and I'd think that I'd try to be a trooper and go as long as there weren't any medical reasons not to... Probably would take it easier than I would usually, and hey, you might feel a kick or two when you spot a great deal!

I went out when I was pregnant with my daughter. I believe I was 5 months along. Really showing. I just had to get that darn Furreal cat that was the craze that year. lol. I was munching on crackers while in line. I was still having nausea even then! I was miserable, but it was well worth seeing my other child on christmas morning!

My wife was about 20 weeks or so along last year. She has a history of Complacations which took some careful planning. First we we started our day at a 24 hour store like Wal Mart or here in the mid-west Meijer. That way she was not out in the cold for hours, we had access to restrooms, and there are benches in the store if she needed to sit. We did carry water around with us all day and took small snacks to stay off the morning sickness. Other steps we did would be to let her off at the door while I parked the car. She would use the restroom while I stood in the checkout line. you will have to be careful of people bumping and pushing. Try to send your shopping partner into the mayham. Some sales like at Target are 2-day sales of if it is not critical to get an item do the bulk of the shopping then go back out for the lessor things that aren't the must have's. Another thing we did was she wore tighter then usuall clothes that made her look MORE pregnant that way she got the sympothy "cuts" or access to sale racks.

I've gone three times pregnant! I never had a problem with anyone pushing or shoving until last year (when I wasn't pg) at Walmart! Those people went crazy! Sounded like a bomb went off when they started cutting into the plastic on the pallets! Alot of stuff we found later scattered through the store that I guess people changed their mind about! I suggest if you can at least take one person for you to be the cart watcher and have your shopping buddy go into the masses! never had any problems at all in the malls! THe earlier you go the better as more and more people get out as it gets later! I remember getting very tired very quick and ended up driving my mom around and dropping and picking her up at the door to save time and get those few things we had to have so I could rest in the car inbetween stops!!!!

YES! I was 6 months pregnant with my first daughter. You'd be shock at how many people get out of your way if you poke your belly out. I just wouldnt try to get in the front of the line where the people go crazy!

HAVE FUN!!!!!

Well I definitley don't have to try to poke my belly out! It is already poked out, don't want to know what it will look like then! LOL

I did my first BF at Wal-Mart while 6 months pregnant almost 7 years ago. My mom and some tiny elderly lady I never met before acted as bodyguards as we entered the store. I was on my feet for awhile, so I grabbed a buggy once inside for support after grabbing popular doorbuster items, and as my mom fought the crowds, I stood at the buggy protecting our spoils. (That, and she could move better than I could because I was so large) Actually had a great time! Now I'm pregnant again, and will be almost 8 months pregnant this time. Kinda looking forward to BF, it's sort of a bonding thing between me and my mom!

I will be just about 20 weeks this year when BF rolls around....I still plan on going out, but I am not going to go for electronics or anything like that (at least not so far). I already bought the H a Wii online and there are a few other things I might buy online too, just to get them out of the way, but I will likely end up going out for small stuff...I always do, even if it's just to Borders to get my 4yo daughter some books or something!

I have shopped on BF pregnant during 3 pregnancies - the only reason I didn't with my first is I really didn't have anyone to shop for yet! Let's see - I would have been 38 weeks the first time (and after being up all day shopping my sister in law went into labor and I went like 48 hours with no sleep - son was born a week after that), just like 6 to 10 weeks another time, and 25 weeks the third. It was a lot of fun. Actually, the 38 week time was probably the best - so many people felt sorry for me (I guess) that they all got out of my way. But I guess you'd have to be careful nowadays, somebody might just hit you in the gut with a cart - people are so rude. It was almost 12 years ago when I went that far along. Definitely take somebody with you so they can squeeze through the tight spots for you!

Last year on Blackfriday was my due date and I was shopping for 4 hours through contraction that went from 5 mins apart to 3 mins apart. I had my son at 11:36am on Black Friday 2008! I was pissed I couldn't finish shopping....lol But, go with it. People are polite and considerate (at least where I was) for the preggo ladies.

Well just a little update, I had a fainting episode last week where luckily my DS was with me. He nicely told me that I can't be trusted to go out alone and if I want to go shopping on BF, I have to have someone with me. So, needless to say, I won't be going alone. And I don't think I will have anyone to go with me this year since DF's schedule is so wacky, so I might not get to go this year. :(

I understand the frustraition Stacy, but those precious babies are soooo much more important than a few deals. Stay home and shop online...and make plans for next year :) You won't be alone, there are a TON of GDers who will be online with you!

I understand. I won't be able to go out next year either as they will only be a couple months old and their father will be deployed! :(

I did it both times. The big advantages - when it's cold, I had extra body weight to keep me warm. LOL

The other big advantage, when you're in line at the bathroom and your tummy is really sticking out, I have had other women tell me to go ahead of them b/c a pg woman just can't wait for the bathroom.

I would wait and go into the store after the rush when the door opens just to avoid being pushed or slipping. Your center of balance will be off and you would be more likely to fall is shoved.