Christmas has started to appear in the stores

mommy2twingles

I was in Michaels yesterday and was quite surprised at the amount of Christmas stuff out already. A lot of things were on clearance too, giving me something to think about as DD is quite the creative one. What really got me in the mood, however, was being hit with the pungent aroma of cinnamon scented pine cones :D

I saw my first house with Halloween / Fall stuff out today. Stores here are also putting out their Christmas stuff! I think it's time to turn on the Christmas playlist! :D

I like where you're head's at! lol...

I watched Chrismast Vacation for the first time last weekend. Fall is by far my favorite season... but once I get the Christmas itch, it's hard to stop.

Walked into Dollar Deals yesterday and they had a full selection of Xmas items right by all the halloween stuff.

Wrapping paper, cards, bows, gift bags! It was crazy I still haven't seen that much halloween stuff, just a couple stores have a small selection.

Of course my mom bought 3 giftbags yesterday, she loves giftbags and they had santa claus on them so it was inevitable that was going to get them lol

I came home from work today and my neighbors were decorating their house for Halloween!! Even I don't decorate this early! So I guess they will start decorating for Christmas in October!:eyepoppin

I already have mine out! i have gotta big bowl of candy too lol Most of my stuff is fall/harvest theme though not much halloween stuff! i love it! our walmart never had much for halloween theres just not that big of a market for it compared to other holidays and its sill a little wal-mart so they never carry lots of items for anything! however the super walmart in the next town has more. I also noticed that they are trying to sell all the plants in the garden center and i also noticed that they were packing alot of it up!

Our Walmart just started puting out their halloween stuff last week. No Christmas stuff in site. The dollar store hoever does have a Christmas and Halloween stuff out.

We won't start decorating for Fall until next week and then Start decorating for Halloween around Oct 1st.

The craft stores like Hobby Lobby and Michael's usually put their Christmas stuff out very early (like July) so that people can buy stuff to make their Craft Show items in advance.

I was at Sears yesterday and they had holiday lotion gift sets out :confused:

Yeah. I just went to Michaels and tomorrow will hit up Hobby Lobby to get a few things to start making now, because I'll never get it done otherwise.

I went to Big Lots yesterday and it was full of halloween, fall, and christmas decoratations. It got me super excited!! My local target has an aisle of halloween costumes but my local super walmart doesnt have anything halloween yet. Thats weird cause most of the stores around here are full of halloween and fall stuff.

My local Kmart just put their Halloween stuff out a couple of weeks ago... 3 aisles. Now, the next 3 aisles are all Christmas! Decorated trees, stockings, ornaments, lights, everything except the goodies and gift sets (and the cutest stinkin' strung mittens that will be going on my Christmas tree this year!). My DS3 has made me go into Kmart 3 times this week just to look at the decorations... smart move on Kmart's part, as we normally only go there about once a month.

Walgreens has some Christmas items up above a couple of the aisles... mainly candy canes. I love candy canes. But they make me really anxious for Christmas-time. They had giant ones and I had to talk myself out of buying them... I have a no candy canes before Nov 1st policy, as it starts the Christmas countdown and I can't do that until Halloween is over. Nov 1st, I will be at Walgreens at opening...

ETA: I forgot the most important thing from Kmart... a giant, stuffed Bumble (from Rudolph, of course) that stands about 3 1/2 feet high... I think Kmart calls them "greeters" or something like that. I was going to grab him, but I figured there is no way I could sneak him into the house without DH noticing. Once I start decorating Nov 1st, then there is a chance that I can claim that I've had him for years and its not my fault that DH doesn't notice these things! A far stetch, as even my DH, who never notices anything, would notice a 3 1/2 foot tall snow beast standing by our front door...

Edited by tn20

My local Kmart just put their Halloween stuff out a couple of weeks ago... 3 aisles. Now, the next 3 aisles are all Christmas! Decorated trees, stockings, ornaments, lights, everything except the goodies and gift sets (and the cutest stinkin' strung mittens that will be going on my Christmas tree this year!). My DS3 has made me go into Kmart 3 times this week just to look at the decorations... smart move on Kmart's part, as we normally only go there about once a month.

Walgreens has some Christmas items up above a couple of the aisles... mainly candy canes. I love candy canes. But they make me really anxious for Christmas-time. They had giant ones and I had to talk myself out of buying them... I have a no candy canes before Nov 1st policy, as it starts the Christmas countdown and I can't do that until Halloween is over. Nov 1st, I will be at Walgreens at opening...

ETA: I forgot the most important thing from Kmart... a giant, stuffed Bumble (from Rudolph, of course) that stands about 3 1/2 feet high... I think Kmart calls them "greeters" or something like that. I was going to grab him, but I figured there is no way I could sneak him into the house without DH noticing. Once I start decorating Nov 1st, then there is a chance that I can claim that I've had him for years and its not my fault that DH doesn't notice these things! A far stetch, as even my DH, who never notices anything, would notice a 3 1/2 foot tall snow beast standing by our front door...

Everyone knows that Bumbles bounce ! I love that show.

At least one of the Costcos in Anchorage has half an aisle or so of Christmas stuff. Didn't notice anything at Sam's Club last time I was there, that was a couple weeks ago though. Haven't seen any Christmas items in Wal-Mart, Fred Meyer's, or Target yet.

Anchorage's Wal-Mart, Fred Meyer's and Target all have some christmas stuff up now. Kohls does too! I was excited to see the new christmas village pieces