Big Toy Book - Link @ Post #135

sacoop

hi everyone just wondering if anyone has an idea of when the big toybook comes out my kids love it. also any one have and remarks on the nintendo dsi my 5 year ld is hinting that he is going to put it on his llist. thank you scott Edited by bigjimslade
updated title

hi scott! the big toy book is usually in the local sunday papers around halloween ; sometimes its in stores a couple of days sooner. The sales usually last right up until the wednesday before thanksgiving.

I dont really know toi much about the dsi ; my daughter has the ds. I think the major difference is the camera, Im sure it has other perks too.

hi scott! the big toy book is usually in the local sunday papers around halloween ; sometimes its in stores a couple of days sooner. The sales usually last right up until the wednesday before thanksgiving.

I dont really know toi much about the dsi ; my daughter has the ds. I think the major difference is the camera, Im sure it has other perks too.

You can get on the internet with the dsi. That was the major selling point for DD :rolleyes:

The Toys R Us Big Toy Book Sale always starts the last Sunday in October. The ad does not come out in the PAPERS until the first day of the sale. I usually get the book in the mail a week or so before the sale. You can contact your local store to see how you can get on their mailing list.

The DSi is pretty cool! DS13 and DS6 have them; they have a camera, a voice recorder; they also have a sd slot so that it can also become a music player. My kids have the wireless hook-up but they only use it to go the the site to download games for the DSi. Also, once they take pics they can add affects to them as well. My kids sold their GBA SP's and there DS Lites to Gamestop to get theirs the day they were released so I didn't have to put out the full $170 for them.

my 7 year old has dsi and loves it. mostly for the nintendogs games. The dsi has a camera which is really cool and you can set it to wireless internet so i think you can chat with other kids that have a dsi, but for one that little you may as well save money and buy the regular ds. My daughter doesn't even use the camera or the extra functions and loves it for the games. I think DSI is about $170 and a DS is about $130

I've seen the DS Lite on sale at Target for $99. I would bet it will be at least that low for BF. At 5 I doubt he would even know the difference between a DS and a DSi! My DS, 9, has had a regular DS since he was about 4-5. This year he is finally getting the DS Lite because it will finally be on sale! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The one in the paper has coupons. I always get mines out my sunday paper & it has the coupons also. All the books are the same whether mailed or out of the paper.

thanks so much i know im on there mailing list but i was last year and didnt get the book i was so mad i really needed the coupons and ended up paying for them on ebay! lol I had a few big purchases i needed to get with them lol I am soooo happy that i know i can get it in the paper this year! thanks for letting me know!!:D

thanks so much i know im on there mailing list but i was last year and didnt get the book i was so mad i really needed the coupons and ended up paying for them on ebay! lol I had a few big purchases i needed to get with them lol I am soooo happy that i know i can get it in the paper this year! thanks for letting me know!!:D

Eeek! Ebay can really be scary around the holiday season. But, anywho, you're welcome for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so has anyone got the tru big book yet???? I still havnt got it?!? it should come in the paper this sun right?

It will be in the paper on Sunday Oct 25th. For those on the mailing list, they should receive their copy in the mail sometime mid to late next week.

Does the big toy book ever get leaked before it is released?

Well, some ppl get it mailed to them early if they're on the mailing list & I think (not really sure) thats around the time when Brad posts it. Im not on the mailing list, so I would have to wait to get mine in the Sunday paper, but I remember getting to see it early because of GD. It was posted here last year a week before it came out in the papers, so MAYBE (fingers crossed) we can see it this coming Sunday! That would be awesome!