Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Zhu Zhu pets... how hard will they be to find for Christmas?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5605 replies to this topic

#61 ChristusG  OFFLINE  

ChristusG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2009 - 7:38 pm

Score! I mentioned that I only needed one more hamster and the starter set for me to be satisfied to give my girls for Christmas. Well, I stopped by Wal Mart this afternoon and there were 5 hamsters and the starter set! YAY!!! I bought all of it. Now my girls can have more than one hamster each. I stopped by that same Wal Mart last night and they had none of it. So it really does pay to check daily. Anything else I find will just be a bonus!! Keeping my eyes peeled for the slide.

#62 jamlei  OFFLINE  

jamlei

Black Friday Junkie!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2009 - 7:49 pm

I just happened to be at a Walmart in Spokane, Washington and decided to take a look and they had probably 10 or 12 on the shelf. So if you live in the Spokane area you may want to check it out! I don't think they have caught on here yet.:)

#63 persse3  OFFLINE  

persse3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 6, 2009 - 5:34 am

I got some at Walmart last night!! My dd wanted em for her birthday but we couldnt find em anywhere so Santa is bring them , lol.

#64 vsa3janes  OFFLINE  

vsa3janes

There is always Hope...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,248 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 6, 2009 - 5:59 am

So I wonder - if these weren't going to be the "hit" toy for this holiday season will threads like this cause them to be?

#65 ChristusG  OFFLINE  

ChristusG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 6, 2009 - 9:06 am

I noticed on the backs of some of the packages that there are hamster clothing as well as babies. Does anyone know if this stuff has been released yet? If not, I wonder if it will be anytime before Christmas?

#66 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,862 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 6, 2009 - 10:10 am

Where in the Walmart toy section are you finding these? I have searched the shelves and don't even see an empty spot for them. I can't get to TRU everyday but I could go to Walmart, any suggestions??

#67 jade2002  OFFLINE  

jade2002

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 6, 2009 - 10:53 am

I found them around the littlest pet shop stuff.

#68 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• 1,948 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2009 - 7:30 am

I'm glad we are past that. Now that our son is grown, I don't have to go after these crazy fads each Christmas, but we never really did any of these 'hot' toys, not even Furby. I just have to track down the newest gadget, lol. Not really, he doesn't ask for anything.
~Don't get cancelled!
~Quickly Robin!! To the Batmobile... for savings! :usaribbon:usflag:

'It's not a lie, if you believe it':tongue1:

#69 robzgirl83  OFFLINE  

robzgirl83

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 7, 2009 - 7:49 am

I dont know if anyone is from the quad citites in IL or IA, but I did find them yesterday at the davenport walmart!!!!! I got 3 hamsters ($8) (mr squiggles, chunk, num nums) they had the yellow one too, but I have 3 kids, and got one for each! They also had the ball ($10) and the surf board and sleep doom ($10), they carry the small house for $20 but were out of it. I want the deluxe city for the kids, and TRU seems to be the only one who carries it, but again are out, its ($89) but includes EVERYTHING except the hamsters, so you dont have to buy them all separate. Keep an eye out at your walmarts, because even though they are not online, they are getting them in the stores! This is not something I am going to wait on to see if it goes on sale LOL, I think I want them more than the kids! Good Luck! Jennifer

#70 beck6100  OFFLINE  

beck6100

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2009 - 10:24 am

Both Kmart and Walmart did not have them in NY

#71 cassgurlie04  OFFLINE  

cassgurlie04

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 7, 2009 - 11:50 am

oh and i forgot to mention, while i am seeking to find these, they WILL NOT be on my black friday list, i refuse to get involved in crazy psycho punching mobs over battery operated animals LOL

#72 wx4svr  OFFLINE  

wx4svr

Black Friday Geek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 7, 2009 - 2:39 pm

So..... what do these little things do? Just "crawl" around?
:holiday15 wx4svr - It's that time of year again! Bring on BF! :holiday16

#73 mamapenguin  OFFLINE  

mamapenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 7, 2009 - 8:53 pm

idk what they do, but it was on gottadeal, so i gotta buy it lol. I found 4 different hamsters at Walmart. I wouldn't have even known where to look if it weren't for this thread. Thank you, they were buy the littlest petshop toys :) There were none at Target or Fred Meyer near me. I also was not able to find any accessories......yet.

#74 rogue1230  OFFLINE  

rogue1230

BF addict!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 3:27 am

Score! I mentioned that I only needed one more hamster and the starter set for me to be satisfied to give my girls for Christmas. Well, I stopped by Wal Mart this afternoon and there were 5 hamsters and the starter set! YAY!!! I bought all of it. Now my girls can have more than one hamster each. I stopped by that same Wal Mart last night and they had none of it. So it really does pay to check daily. Anything else I find will just be a bonus!! Keeping my eyes peeled for the slide.

can I ask you how much all of that was?

#75 RaineeDay1  OFFLINE  

RaineeDay1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 3:59 am

I preordered from target package of 2 plus shipping came to 26 dollars. WAY expensive shipping but we cant get one in a store and Ebay is selling ONE for almost 30 dollars.. now target had BETTER ship these in a tmely manner or I will be VERY angry if it doesnt get here before Christmas

#76 ChristusG  OFFLINE  

ChristusG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 4:16 am

I've had excellent luck in finding these lately. We stopped at Wal Mart on Sunday afternoon and hit the jackpot. There were tons of hamsters, several of the fun houses, lots of beds and blankets, a few balls, several wheels, the surfboard, quite a few carriers. I still haven't seen the slide yet.

#77 ChristusG  OFFLINE  

ChristusG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 4:17 am

can I ask you how much all of that was?

The fun house starter set was $20 and the hamsters were $8 each.

#78 kboyts  OFFLINE  

kboyts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 4:48 am

I managed to get a wheel, and one blanket/bed from my walmart last night

#79 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,404 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 6:02 am

My 2 DD have been asking for these things. I did not know they sold them in stores. I quess the hunt is on

#80 teebee  OFFLINE  

teebee

• 3,465 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 6:37 am

I haven't heard of these, what age group are they for? I have an 8 year old daughter and she hasn't said anything (yet). Should I be looking???

#81 emilygracesmom  OFFLINE  

emilygracesmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 7:03 am

I haven't heard of these, what age group are they for? I have an 8 year old daughter and she hasn't said anything (yet). Should I be looking???

I think they would be age appropriate for an 8 year old. My daughter is almost 5 and is asking for them. Now if only Target and Walmart would get them in already!!!

P.S. LOVE THE AVATAR!!! GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

#82 Deal Grabber  OFFLINE  

Deal Grabber

• 1,841 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 7:08 am

Ive had no luck in finding these things until today.Ive checked every Walmart TRU and target.Im not sure Target even sells them in the stores yet.Anyways a new Walmart that just opened up by me had the whole collection.No where even near the LPS stuff.I just happened to be walking down the doll isle and they they were.I thought i had hit lotto.LOL.I saw flashing lights and hear sirens going off.It was such a rush to get them.I picked up 2 sets one for my DD and for a friend of mine for her daughter.I agree with the BF rush.As much as i love going out its just becoming to dangerous.LOL.I will have to wait and c whats on sale that day then make my decission.
Ohhh another day another deal!!!

#83 guilliam  OFFLINE  

guilliam

• 2,110 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 7:28 am

I've had excellent luck in finding these lately. We stopped at Wal Mart on Sunday afternoon and hit the jackpot. There were tons of hamsters, several of the fun houses, lots of beds and blankets, a few balls, several wheels, the surfboard, quite a few carriers. I still haven't seen the slide yet.

Between my son and I we have found a lot of the hamsters and accessories but only 1 slide and 1 sk8board. Both of which my ds7 MUST have!!! LOL

#84 jenna8110  OFFLINE  

jenna8110

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 7:57 am

I figure calling the stores is useless because they either don't know cuz they haven't heard of them yet or they say "Yes" and by the time you run out the door and into Wal-Mart they are gone. I'm just going to start going in every Wal-Mart I drive by! ;)

#85 Yakyma  OFFLINE  

Yakyma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 8:20 am

I scored mine this morning....I called Wal-mart last night after reading this thread, knowing that this is what my DGD 8 yrs old has been telling me about for the last month (of course have to get them for DGS 6 also)...they had none on the shelves, but had received some and would be putting them out this morning. I got up before I normally do and went before going to work...They had not put them out yet, no one stocked toys overnight. Not happy :( Called from work about 8:15 and they had them in, by the time I had told everyone in the office about them, I was going and picking up 15 of them...LOL I got them for everyone in the office, there was 1 dome/surfboard and one 1 hampster ball oy there, grabbed them. Now one more thing to be the greatest grandma in the world for... I would suggest calling your Wal-Mart and checking with them or going first thing in the morning. Good Luck!!!

#86 IDmom262  OFFLINE  

IDmom262

Nick McFest!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 8:31 am

I found these yesterday at one Walmart, when I went into TRU, the lady laughed at me and so they didn't have any. But, the walmart across the street had a lot of stuff. I still need the skate board and ball, but I was able to get everything else. I noticed on the zhu zhu website it said that hallmark carries them, so I am going to check my local hallmark store. Good luck to everyone!

#87 Mommax3  OFFLINE  

Mommax3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 9:18 am

The only Hallmark that ever carried them was in Phoenix AZ. Apparently it was one of the stores where the first batch, I guess to test sales, went to and none of them carry them anymore. Atleast, that is what I was told by Hallmark here in town. All we have left to find is the skateboard and the slide. I haven't seen those two items anywhere around here.

#88 mommyofanangelb  OFFLINE  

mommyofanangelb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 11:22 am

ok, so Im just getting to know about these. I kept thinking to myself what is all the hype about ; NOW I KNOW! They are too cute ; its like real pets that you dont have to clean up after...lol My dd is 7, but hasnt mentioned anything about them (I take it she doesnt know about them), but now Im joining in on the hunt to get them for her. I def know she'll love them even if Christmas morning will be her first time knowing/seeing them. She loves animals. *{EDIT}* Another thing ; can anybody give me a quick run down of the accessories that all go with the pets. I've seen mention of a ball, surf board, etc. As of today Im joining "the hunt" and wanna make sure I get as much as I can to go with the pets. The only thing I've seen online on TRU are the big playhouse and the smaller playhouse. Thanks in advance!

Edited by mommyofanangelb, Sep 8, 2009 - 11:42 am.

"Oooh fuuudge! Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the 'F-dash-dash-dash' word! ---Ralphie

#89 ChristusG  OFFLINE  

ChristusG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 11:50 am

I checked the Hallmark around here and they had nothing. And I dont think that Target has them in yet. Wal Mart must be the only place that has them so far. As for the age, I guess it depends on the kid. My daughter is 5 and wants them. But I know that my 2 year old (who is her big sisters shadow) will want them as well. So they will share the accessories and I'll get them a few hamsters and the carrying bags/blanets to have seperately. Shoot, I'm 29 and I think I'd like them LOL.

#90 IDmom262  OFFLINE  

IDmom262

Nick McFest!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 8, 2009 - 11:58 am

*{EDIT}* Another thing ; can anybody give me a quick run down of the accessories that all go with the pets. I've seen mention of a ball, surf board, etc. As of today Im joining "the hunt" and wanna make sure I get as much as I can to go with the pets. The only thing I've seen online on TRU are the big playhouse and the smaller playhouse. Thanks in advance!

If you go to zhuzhupets.com the website has all the accessories that are available. It has a good demonstration of how they work as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users