Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Zhu Zhu pets... how hard will they be to find for Christmas?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5605 replies to this topic

#31 ChristmasShopping  OFFLINE  

ChristmasShopping

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 3, 2009 - 12:50 pm

I was going to order through Target but the shipping is insane! I know I will kick myself when I can't find them in the stores... but for now I am hoping they will show up on shelves soon!

#32 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,313 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 3, 2009 - 5:45 pm

This is the first I've even heard of these things.

me too!

#33 MonsterMutts  OFFLINE  

MonsterMutts

Farm Girl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 8:38 am

I just went to Walmart and bought 5 for 8.00... I let the cat have one and she loves it.... I need my head checked.

#34 jade2002  OFFLINE  

jade2002

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 8:56 am

Just picked up 4 at walmart.They had 4 left.My brother who works at kmart said they have people calling alot asking for them.I think the zhu zhu pets are going to be hard to find around Christmas.

#35 MonsterMutts  OFFLINE  

MonsterMutts

Farm Girl

• 2,151 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 9:16 am

The grey cat toy just went for 35.00 on ebay......

#36 ChristmasShopping  OFFLINE  

ChristmasShopping

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 9:32 am

Just went to our local TRU on my lunch and the shelves were completely empty. They had a huge section for them and it was empty. I asked if they were expecting to get some in and she said that they just stocked the shelves with them this morning. I told her they were empty and she said "oh no, I have told at least 4 people that have called that we have them!" She said a lot of people are calling and asking about them.

#37 dmintelsgt  OFFLINE  

dmintelsgt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 10:08 am

Oh crud, it's the first week in September and the stores out of Zhu Zhu pets already!?! :eek: I'd better swing by Wally World and see if they have any today! My five year old showed me the commerical just the other day - I guess our real hamster isn't good enough! Poor Cinnamon! :fluffy:

#38 Mommax3  OFFLINE  

Mommax3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 10:54 am

We have been searching for these for the past two weeks. It has become an obsession with my entire family. Both of my oldest now have all 4 hamsters (the others have not been released yet), the big double loop fun set, the car and garage, the balls, the surfboard set, the hamster wheel, the beds and the carriers. We still need the twisty slide ,one other little piece that is shown on the back of the boxes and we need the skateboard sets. My mother and I have also picked up two extra of everything we have found because we know that someone in our family is going to want them at the last minute. My two kids already have theirs and have been playing with them nonstop. They are super cute. Here is my advice, take it for what it's worth!:D We have 4 walmarts within 15 minutes so it's a little easier for us, but just ask the employees. I just found the car/garage sets and the surfboard sets this morning. DH and I stopped at Walmart on a whim to see if they had any and we lucked out. But an employee said that our stores get a truck everynight, and that everything on that truck is on the floor by 9am. So every other day one of us runs in really quick and checks. Also TRU told us which two days they get their trucks and we run in when the store opens. Kmart around here doesn't have them, and neither does Target. And our TRU has now limited the actual hamsters to one per customer. The accessories don't have a limit yet. They have had one person come in several times and buy everything they had as it was unloaded from the trucks. I am guessing that this person is selling them online at an outrageously inflated price. It has taken two weeks, but being persistent about looking, and also multiple family members have a list of what pieces we need and if they see them they pick it up for us. I am thinking that these things are going to be the "it" thing this year, not only because they are so cute, but because really, the price is cheap compared to alot of things sold for kids.

#39 holidayjunkie  OFFLINE  

holidayjunkie

• PipPipPip
  • 4 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 11:44 am

A friend of mine turned me onto them, asking if I'd see any. Her stores in TX had sold out. I hadn't heard of them until that afternoon when DD9 saw the commercial and wanted it. I've had pretty good luck so far. I've gotton 5 of the hamsters and 2 wheels for myself and my friend. Now on the look for the blankets. One of the stores had them, but didn't pick it up when I was there.

#40 amberjobryant  OFFLINE  

amberjobryant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 12:07 pm

well I checked our Walmart today, and they didn't have any in fact I can't see where they have even had a spot for them, didn't get to ask someone because I wasn't feeling well and wanted to get home, but I guess I need to start digging.

#41 Mommax3  OFFLINE  

Mommax3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 12:12 pm

well I checked our Walmart today, and they didn't have any in fact I can't see where they have even had a spot for them, didn't get to ask someone because I wasn't feeling well and wanted to get home, but I guess I need to start digging.

All 4 of our stores have them in the same location, so maybe this will help you. Our stores put them in the girls toy aisle where all of the Littlest Pet Shop play sets are.

#42 Mommax3  OFFLINE  

Mommax3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 12:23 pm

The other thing I am curious about is all the other items shown on the back of the boxes. It shows 9 hamsters total, but I only see where 4 are being sold. Also it shows baby zhu zhu pets, and other cars and accessories. I wonder if these items will be released closer to Christmas.

#43 ChristusG  OFFLINE  

ChristusG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 12:36 pm

I saw some at Wal Mart the other day. I didnt even know they were out in the stores yet around here. There was one tan hamster left, which I grabbed. They were on car left, which I also grabbed. There was also a surf board, but I didnt get that. They had 2 hamster carriers, and I got those. And they had about 8 of the blanket/bed packages, and I grabbed two of those. Now I'm looking for at least one more hamster for my other daughter. And I need the starter set too. If I get those two things, I'll be happy. Anything else would be a bonus.

#44 amberjobryant  OFFLINE  

amberjobryant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 1:02 pm

yup that is where I looked, in with littlest petshop, my little poney and that kind of stuff, and no hampsters or even a spot for them so I may have to look in another town.

#45 MonsterMutts  OFFLINE  

MonsterMutts

Farm Girl

• 2,151 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 2:58 pm

The Walmart folks know exactly where they are. I asked :) I went back and bought all the blankets and carriers ( about 10 total ) and also they had set out a garage :) Bought that also! The next closest Walmart was sold out of everything. I had a friend check that works there. Seems like it's getting harder to find now!

#46 mgmckny  OFFLINE  

mgmckny

• 2,866 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 3:06 pm

I just went to Walmart and bought 5 for 8.00... I let the cat have one and she loves it....

I need my head checked.

I want one for my cats lol. My older one doesn't play as much but the younger one will chase anything....
“Next to a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho :yup:

#47 MingMingDucklin  OFFLINE  

MingMingDucklin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 3:25 pm

Anyone have a video or link as to what they are REALLY like , I know we all saw the tv ad .... but how fun are they really?!

#48 guilliam  OFFLINE  

guilliam

• 2,110 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 3:28 pm

I now have all that I need:) Got the house, garage, slide, wheel, ball, surfboard, blankets, and all 4 hamsters. I would rather have the skateboard than the surfboard but they didn't have it so I bought the surfboard for now. DH thinks I'm nuts! Says ds7 only needs 1 hamster but I think he needs them all ;) I don't think anyone in my area is aware of them yet, because 4 of the 5 stores I went to had them.

#49 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,862 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 5:11 pm

I have not found any yet but I plan to look tomorrow and ask around some.

#50 emilygracesmom  OFFLINE  

emilygracesmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 5:11 pm

I went to Walmart and Target looking for these things and neither store in my area even had a shelf tag where they should be. And I combed the toy departments at both stores looking. So hopefully before long I'll be able to find some here.

#51 ChristusG  OFFLINE  

ChristusG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 6:00 pm

I stopped by TRU looking for them and there was not even a place for them on the shelf. Wonder if they will be getting them in?

#52 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• 1,164 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 6:09 pm

I was able to find some of the accessories at Walmart, but no hampster yet. They only had two different things. The ball and something else (I don't even remember). I bought them both. I have been to Walmart, Target and two Toys R Us stores. I have seen the shelf tags (Except a Target) but that is about it.

#53 vsa3janes  OFFLINE  

vsa3janes

There is always Hope...

• 8,248 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 4, 2009 - 7:26 pm

I stopped by WalMart and Target tonight. WalMart had nothing and no shelf tags. Target, the employee helped me look even scanned in the name Zhu Zhu and it didn't come up in the computer. I would like to find just one hamster for dgd. I think it would be a cute stocking stuffer.

#54 KrisinTn  OFFLINE  

KrisinTn

• 1,313 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 5, 2009 - 3:09 am

There is no place for them in my local Walmart either... I did notice when I preordered on line that Target has/had them available on line only. Since it was a preorder, I'm wondering if they are staggering the release of them to certain markets before they are available nation wide?

In loving memory of Crystal  1998 -2013

#55 kselzer  OFFLINE  

kselzer

• 1,301 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 5, 2009 - 6:27 am

no luck at my WM, only had some accessories. In my WM they were in the same aisle as the Littlest Pet Shop stuff, but were further down in a seperate section of shelving.
:)

#56 zooskoo  OFFLINE  

zooskoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2009 - 6:48 am

Anyone have a video or link as to what they are REALLY like , I know we all saw the tv ad .... but how fun are they really?!

www.zhuzhupets.com

#57 teach2nuts  OFFLINE  

teach2nuts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 5, 2009 - 11:29 am

Zhu Zhu Pets are extremely hard to find. I called ToysRus in two states and they were completely sold out. I was told people are waiting when the trucks come in. Walmart has only been having 4 arrive on their trucks at a time. As soon as they are stocked on the flooorthey are sold. The Toysrus and Target are an hour drive for me. Walmart is also about 45 minutes from me. I don't want to make a trip unless I know they have some. I called Walmart yesterday and was told they had a lot on the floor. I asked them to double check before I made the long trip. I made the long trip and guess what? They were sold out. I had a temper tantrum in Walmart. They called the manager and I explained how disssatisfied I was. I was told a truck was coming in this morning. I expressed that since it was their fault I made an unnecessary trip they should call me if any came in. A truck arrived and I got a call and was asked if I wanted all 4 that arrived. I was very nice. I only took two along with the blankets. Thanks Walmart!! You were actually true to your word.

#58 MonsterMutts  OFFLINE  

MonsterMutts

Farm Girl

• 2,151 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 5, 2009 - 2:32 pm

I would have bought them all.

#59 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,862 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 5, 2009 - 5:25 pm

I checked two Walmarts and two TRU's today and did not find any. I am not even seeing shelf space in Walmart for them. Target is suppose to get them in October from what I have read. I guess I will just keep looking.

#60 guilliam  OFFLINE  

guilliam

• 2,110 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2009 - 7:31 pm

DS19 just called me. He found 14 Zhu Zhu hamsters tonight at the Walmarts around where he goes to school!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users