Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Zhu Zhu pets... how hard will they be to find for Christmas?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5605 replies to this topic

#5581 Christina97  OFFLINE  

Christina97

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 25, 2009 - 7:46 am

Happy Holidays everyone!!! Is anyone else having problems with the hamster getting off the wheel? Ours is getting stuck and won't get off the wheel also is anyone else having problems with the stabilizer bar staying on the hamster while in the ball?

#5582 doglover3  OFFLINE  

doglover3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 25, 2009 - 8:05 am

Happy Holidays everyone!!! Is anyone else having problems with the hamster getting off the wheel? Ours is getting stuck and won't get off the wheel also is anyone else having problems with the stabilizer bar staying on the hamster while in the ball?

yes, same problems, also the hamster won't always stay on the car. I knew these things were pretty cheap though and weren't always going to work every time the right way. She's having fun with them anyway!

#5583 deelite  OFFLINE  

deelite

Me...Addicted???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 25, 2009 - 9:58 am

the zhu zhu's were a big hit! we set everything up so it was out and ready in front of the tree and our daughter was so excited. It is hilarious when all the hamsters are running around at once. I actually got Jilly from Santa because my daughter had said she hoped that Santa would bring me a pink Jilly. She tried to give me Winkie since she didn't get a Jilly until later when I opened it, and wow, Santa brought me one! It was so cute.

Same here...a BIG hit! I had Jilly but decided to trade her for Patches. I told my daughter I would take care of her because she is rare....lol. The only add-on I got was the wheel and it is hillarious! One hamster prefers it more then the other so she wont get out. The second she gets out the other tries to go in and she come sand knocks them right back out! ROFOL!. I think the girl hamster's batteries are a little more charged up then the boys. :D

Since they were a total hit, they won't be going back to Walmart..:cheesy:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

:yay: Too Blessed To Be Stressed! :yay:

#5584 Reinholt1  OFFLINE  

Reinholt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 25, 2009 - 10:31 am

Oooo sounds like so much fun! Jessica hasn't opened hers yet because I am at work (hospital). But she will get hers tonight when I get home. I can't wait...you all make it sound like so much fun! I am glad that you all are having a great Christmas day with your loved ones!

#5585 fancychance  OFFLINE  

fancychance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 25, 2009 - 2:44 pm

BEWARE!!! My daughter just got the zhu zhu pet stuck in her hair. While she was playing with it she held it close to her face to kiss it and the wheel grabbed her hair and spun it around the wheel all the way to her scalp and she was screaming. I had to cut it out, now she has a little sore bald spot on the side of her head. I did laugh just a little after it was all over.

#5586 naturegirl  OFFLINE  

naturegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 25, 2009 - 7:50 pm

BEWARE!!! My daughter just got the zhu zhu pet stuck in her hair. While she was playing with it she held it close to her face to kiss it and the wheel grabbed her hair and spun it around the wheel all the way to her scalp and she was screaming. I had to cut it out, now she has a little sore bald spot on the side of her head. I did laugh just a little after it was all over.

there was actually a sticker on top of the pet that said, "Keep away from hair".
oh its so sad she had to experience that. hopefully she can still enjoy the zhu zhu pet.

#5587 naturegirl  OFFLINE  

naturegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 25, 2009 - 7:57 pm

i was thinking i will have to return the zhu zhu pets, but they were a hit with the kids. They opened all the gifts and took their zhu zhu pets on the tile floor and were playing with it. I was sitting in the living room watching them play with zhu zhu pets while they had not even played with any of the other gifts, I was like WHAT??:eyepoppin. I was thinking why did i get such big boxed gifts adn spent few hours (was up till 3.15a gift wrapping), would have been easier if i would have got the pets only. :) But then they returned back to their other gifts. They were very happy with everything. All the hourss spent at gottadeal and amazon were worth it . :D

#5588 eliw23  OFFLINE  

eliw23

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 25, 2009 - 11:11 pm

I'm happy to say that both my boys love their hamsters. My son was getting frustrated with the accessories breaking apart especially the slide. I had to keep trying to put them back but then it'd break apart again a minute later. Somehow they were just happy putting the hamsters in a cardboard box and then toting them around at my in-laws like little pets.

#5589 Jeanne515  OFFLINE  

Jeanne515

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 26, 2009 - 8:11 am

Has been a great big hit here. We had to tape the ball and garage to keep it together but other than that no problems. My dd loves hers. She got all 5 original ones. I couldn't imagine having to keep up with any more than that though. They fill the entire house with mischief. Super fun.

#5590 momof3luvs1  OFFLINE  

momof3luvs1

• 1,106 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 26, 2009 - 8:40 am

I must say...Im not thrilled with the accesories because they come apart so easily..but my kids LOVE THEM! The hamsters are adorable! Jilly is hanging with me right now..Im hamster sitting..lol!

#5591 deelite  OFFLINE  

deelite

Me...Addicted???

• 1,361 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 26, 2009 - 11:31 am

I'm happy to say that both my boys love their hamsters. My son was getting frustrated with the accessories breaking apart especially the slide. I had to keep trying to put them back but then it'd break apart again a minute later. Somehow they were just happy putting the hamsters in a cardboard box and then toting them around at my in-laws like little pets.

I had the slide and returned it also. The wheel is the only add-on that worked well and did not fall apart. The Funhouse is AWESOME! And since we have carpet, that was the perfect acessory. Maybe I'll just get another Funhouse or starter kit and an extra wheel..lol. :cheesy:

Sill thinking about the little orange/red car that has come out. Did anyone get this? :confused:

#5592 Lvnlakers78  OFFLINE  

Lvnlakers78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 26, 2009 - 11:51 am

My kids 6 and 7 love there new pets!:) My mom got them for them and just about everything to go with them the only thing they dont really use is the skate board but other than that they were a hit!!

#5593 rjncmj  OFFLINE  

rjncmj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 26, 2009 - 12:55 pm

I had the slide and returned it also. The wheel is the only add-on that worked well and did not fall apart. The Funhouse is AWESOME! And since we have carpet, that was the perfect acessory. Maybe I'll just get another Funhouse or starter kit and an extra wheel..lol. :cheesy:

Sill thinking about the little orange/red car that has come out. Did anyone get this? :confused:

I'm thinking about another funhouse too. My kids got the car/garage and the boat...what a waste. They don't work well and not at all on our carpet. I'm going to stick with the actual habitat pieces and not the free roaming stuff. Glad I figured this out now before I spent more getting the stroller and babies.

My husband set up the funhouse, slide and wheel and it all worked really well for us. My 3 yr old daughter was having a blast with the wheel. The starter set with Patches is really nice too, but it does not come with a connector piece to attach to the main funhouse. This line really needs to sell just track packs with tunnels and connectors.

Joanne - Registered Nurse & mom of 4.

:juggle: :gdsleep:  :gdlaugh: :gdgirlfight3ol:

#5594 MonsterMutts  OFFLINE  

MonsterMutts

Farm Girl

• 2,151 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 26, 2009 - 1:22 pm

They can't give them away on ebay right now! I was at Walmart on Tuesday and the shelves were FULL of Hamsters!

#5595 deelite  OFFLINE  

deelite

Me...Addicted???

• 1,361 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 26, 2009 - 1:54 pm

I'm thinking about another funhouse too. My kids got the car/garage and the boat...what a waste. They don't work well and not at all on our carpet. I'm going to stick with the actual habitat pieces and not the free roaming stuff. Glad I figured this out now before I spent more getting the stroller and babies.

My husband set up the funhouse, slide and wheel and it all worked really well for us. My 3 yr old daughter was having a blast with the wheel. The starter set with Patches is really nice too, but it does not come with a connector piece to attach to the main funhouse. This line really needs to sell just track packs with tunnels and connectors.

Ohhhh..that is a great idea! Just like the ones for the real hamsters. Can you imagine the kids being able to run the tubes all over their room! That is an awesome idea and I really hope they do that. My daughter and now son wants more ZZP! Ugh... I was hoping I would be able to slide by with just two...:D

#5596 Jeanne515  OFFLINE  

Jeanne515

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 26, 2009 - 2:07 pm

Instead of making the starter house have the uturn just coming in and out of the house, we used those pieces to make like a S to connect the starter house to the funhouse. Our house is huge with all the pieces added.

#5597 deljack27  OFFLINE  

deljack27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 26, 2009 - 3:07 pm

The pets are also a huge it at my house as well. I should have gotten my ds 3 some too because he keeps running off with num nums. We have four and it's so funny to see them running around on the kitchen floor.

#5598 AllBoyz2002  OFFLINE  

AllBoyz2002

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 26, 2009 - 3:14 pm

Couldnt believe it, ds got a nintendo ds for christmas and all he wanted to play with was the hamsters and we HAD to set up the city right away ;) Agreed on the quality, but for the price, welll..it is what it is... the garage stays together as long as you dont move the set around or reach into the doors, the slide keeps disconnecting whenever the set is bumped and Mr. squiggles worked yesterday, however this morning he no longer works at all :( he makes sounds but the wheels do not turn :( replaced the batteries but still no go, so he has to go back. Cant bring him back though until I can get a new one...

#5599 Kim3498  OFFLINE  

Kim3498

Shopoholic

• 1,052 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 26, 2009 - 4:03 pm

Couldnt believe it, ds got a nintendo ds for christmas and all he wanted to play with was the hamsters and we HAD to set up the city right away ;)

Agreed on the quality, but for the price, welll..it is what it is... the garage stays together as long as you dont move the set around or reach into the doors, the slide keeps disconnecting whenever the set is bumped and Mr. squiggles worked yesterday, however this morning he no longer works at all :( he makes sounds but the wheels do not turn :( replaced the batteries but still no go, so he has to go back. Cant bring him back though until I can get a new one...

Hhhmmm. The same thing happened to the Mr. Squiggles that I bought. He was for my cousins rough little 3 year old. He had him running off tables and everything. I guess that is probably why he stopped running. Anyway, my other cousins wife "opened him up and operated". Lol. I don't know what she did, but he started running again afterwards. She said the gears were stuck in the wheels or something.

#5600 eliw23  OFFLINE  

eliw23

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 26, 2009 - 5:12 pm

Our Mr. Squiggles has "died" today as well. No sound when you push his nose and the button on the back seems to be stuck. We also put brand new batteries in him as well but no such luck. Hopefully TRU will now have no issues stocking them so I can swipe him for another one ... maybe one of the newer ones!

#5601 rjncmj  OFFLINE  

rjncmj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 26, 2009 - 10:04 pm

We have two starter sets, when we took both Patches out and put batteries in, one patches worked fine and the others wheels did turn. I opened that one up and adjusted the batteries and now the wheels work fine. Our Nugget runs very slowly, I changed out the batteries right away on all of them so that is not the problem. It's kinda funny watching Nugget in the wheel, it barley turns. Cracks me up every time. My daughter is not too happy though. Jeanne515, the S connect on the starter set is a good idea, I have to try that. Thanks!

Joanne - Registered Nurse & mom of 4.

:juggle: :gdsleep:  :gdlaugh: :gdgirlfight3ol:

#5602 momof3luvs1  OFFLINE  

momof3luvs1

• 1,106 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 27, 2009 - 4:23 am

Our Mr. Squiggles has "died" today as well. No sound when you push his nose and the button on the back seems to be stuck. We also put brand new batteries in him as well but no such luck. Hopefully TRU will now have no issues stocking them so I can swipe him for another one ... maybe one of the newer ones!

Our Mr Squiggles is actually running really well..so well that he wouldnt shut off last night for anything! Jilly has stopped running so I might have to try to exchange her if I cant fix her..GRRR! ( I ony drove about 40 miles to get my dd the PINK zhu zhu) but she does love them...:eyepoppin

#5603 Junebug2  OFFLINE  

Junebug2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 27, 2009 - 6:56 am

Our Mr. Squiggles has problems too. He only goes back and forth and doesn't turn. Our Num Nums is dying too and only after about a half hour of play!! :mad:

#5604 AllBoyz2002  OFFLINE  

AllBoyz2002

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 27, 2009 - 6:14 pm

UPDATE: I opened him up as per zhuzhu.coms troubleshooting directions and fiddled with the batteries heard one 'click' into place and sure enough off he went wheels a spinnin'....

#5605 newmom517  OFFLINE  

newmom517

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 27, 2009 - 7:32 pm

Just got one today..Walmart had about 20 hamsters and plenty of extras too. My 2 1/2 is loving it..I wonder how long the hamster will last with him lol

#5606 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,427 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 27, 2009 - 8:58 pm

Please continue Zhu Zhu discussion here:

http://forums.gottad...ad.php?t=164090

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users