CVS Deals Discussion - AUGUST 09

freesia39

ALL discussion about CVS deals, coupons, and promotions for the month will take place in this thread. Please do not start a new thread, as they will promptly be CLOSED and you will be directed to post in the new thread.

Welcome to the joys of CVS Shopping! Here are some quick details to help you out:

What is the CVS Extra Care Program?

The CVS Extra Care program is CVS’s shopping card. You can sign up for a card in store or online at https://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/registerextracare?LOGINMSG=XTRACAREMSG

With this card, you will have access to their weekly and monthly sale prices. If you do not present your card, you will not be given these sale prices or qualify for the Extra Care Bucks rewards.

The greatest benefit of this program is the Extra Care Bucks portion.

What is an Extra Care Bucks?

Every month, along with every week, CVS runs sales on particular items where if you buy that item, you will receive a coupon at the end of your receipt with Extra Care Bucks (aka ECBs) that you can use on your next purchase.

For example, let’s say Garnier Fructis shampoo is on sale for 2.99 with $2.00 in ECBs. This means you will have to pay the 2.99 upfront for the shampoo, but at the end of your receipt, you will receive a $2.00 ECB that you can use on a future purchase at CVS. It’s like you only paid $0.99 for a bottle of shampoo!

At the end of each quarter, CVS will also add up all your spending, and give you a rebate in ECBs based on your spending, which is 2% of the total amount. That’s EXTRA money just for buying items at CVS!

Can I use manufacturer’s coupons?

Certainly! Using the example above with the Garnier Fructis shampoo – there are regularly coupons for 1.00 off your purchase of one (1) bottle of their shampoo. The item will ring up at 2.99, then you can use your coupon for 1.00 off, so you wind up paying 1.99 for the item. You STILL get the $2.00 ECB reward – so it’s like getting it for free!

Wow! Can I do this over and over?

Unfortunately, there are limits to all the sales. Check the weekly ad and the monthly sales books for the limits. When we post the sales here, we will also list the limits.

Can I have more than one CVS card?

The answer in general is no. However, if you have access to another address/name/phone number, you may be able to get a second card.

What about prescriptions?

Whenever you fill a prescription, make sure the pharmacy scans your card! Each prescription is 0.50 in ECBs that will be paid out at the end of the quarter.

Can I use the ECBs I earn to pay for prescriptions?

Unfortunately, no. They can only be used on store purchases.

CVS and Coupons

CVS also has a great coupon program. When you sign up for your card, make sure to check that you want CVS to email you coupons and offers. This will put you on their mailing list for future coupons!

Most of the CVS coupons are for a certain amount of dollars off a minimum dollar purchase. For example, to start, CVS will email you a coupon to save $4.00 on a $20.00 purchase.

When entering your store, look for the CVS card scanning/price checking machine. Scan your card upon entry every time for additional coupons and incentives! Sometimes it's 3.00/10.00 of CVS products, or something FREE!

Stacking coupons

Please note, your store may have a different policy regarding the stacking of coupons. IN ADDITION CVS has not been issuing as many e-mail coupons as in the past. Most stacking has been done via CRT coupons, which are the coupons that are generated at the end of your CVS receipt, or from the card scanning machine (if your store has one.)

Always make sure you give the cashier your CVS card to scan before you get to the total and start handing over coupons to make sure you get any sale prices.

CVS will sometimes have coupons for $3 off a $15.00 purchase, or $2 off a $10.00. The theory regarding CVS purchases are:

Your PRETAX amount is 30.00. You have a coupon for $4 off $20.00, $3 off $15.00, or $2 off $10.00. Hand to the cashier the coupons in this order:

1. The $4 off $20.00 coupon

2. The $3 off $15.00

3. The $2 off 10.00

As long as your total is more than the amount on the coupon, you can keep using coupons.

NEXT, give them your manufacturer coupons.

FINALLY, give them your ECBs.

Hopefully by this point, your out of pocket (OOP) amount is a small number. It may not be at the start, but with constant shopping and deal searching, you’ll build up a good amount of ECBs to use on future purchases.

We have come across some stores that will not allow you to stack their money off coupons unless your total equals the amounts of the coupons. For example, if you want to use a $4 off $20 coupon along with a $3 off $15 coupon, some cashiers may say that your total must be $35.00 before you can use the coupon. This rule varies from store to store and from cashier to cashier. We cannot say that CVS will always stack, because the policies are always changing.

What do they do about B1G1 (buy one, get one free) coupons? I have 2 coupons for the B1G1 covergirl lip product. If I got 2 lip products and used the two coupons would I get both for free or do the B1G1 coupons ring stuff up for 1/2 price?

CVS rings up the first item at full price and the second item rings up free. So if you have a BOGO free coupon, you would get both items free.

PLEASE NOTE: YMMV (your mileage may vary.) Some stores may not process it, some cashiers may be confused, but in general, the above should happen.

How to use your ECBs

Please note that you cannot use your ECBs:

- on pharmacy co-pays

- on the purchase of gift cards

Also, ECBs are tied to YOUR card. You will not be able to use the ECBs that are earned by other people. You must also present your card in order to use your ECBs.

Please note that your ECBs do have an expiration date and to be mindful of it. If they do expire, you may be able to have customer service reactivate them. Please contact CVS customer service at 800-SHOP-CVS.

ECBs can only be used on the PRETAX amount of your purchase. If your pre-tax purchase is 3.99 and you only have a $4.00 ECB, you will not be able to use that ECB – you must use smaller denominations.

I bought something that comes with ECBs but it didn’t print out. What gives?!

Check to see if you had previously hit the limit on the offer. It will print on your receipt. Also make sure you bought the correct item or version of the product. If you had not hit the limit, please contact customer service at 800-SHOP-CVS and they will add it to your card to print the next time you are in store.

THE GROUND RULES:

1. Post your experiences shopping at CVS, the deal combos you have found, and the unmarked clearance/ECB deals you have found at your store. Also post your general location if you are comfortable.

2. Do not post links to non CVS authorized coupons. They will be edited out. Authentic CVS coupons come from cvs.com or are located at akamaitech.com.

3. Keep non CVS chatter to a minimum. This is first and foremost a deals discussion. Anything going too far off topic will be deleted.

If you have links to printable coupons for items on sale this week at CVS, also post those for others to share.

Play nice!

• 1 year later...

Summer finally went 75% off and I managed to stock up on pool toys, mask/snorkel sets, goggles, and even some decent toys! Found Ben 10 toys, Nerf Guns, Transformers and loads of summer toys (kites, bubbles, balls, etc) on sale. Also, there were some cleaning items 90% off! Got some Tide laundry detergent for $1.42, Clorox for colors .49, Lysol 80 count wipes .61, Scrubbing Bubbles cleaning pads .55 and the refills for .38!! Also, check the food. Sweet Baby Ray BBQ .45, Hidden Valley Ranch .65, Barilla macaroni .21/box. Flip flops were also 75% off. Some items marked, some not.

Waiting to see what's left at 90% . . . betting it won't be much since one of the clerks said they were holding at 75% for 2 weeks!! In the past, they've moved from 75% to 90% within a few days. Now, waiting for the school supplies to get marked down.:yup:

Sometimes it hits 50 degrees in the winter. :tongue1:

I think it's been that cold here at night already.

My CVS summer stuff is 75% off. I picked up 2 big folding chairs with the foot stool attached for $7.50 each.

They took the folding chairs off clearance here per district managers directions, glad I already got enough & was just going back to get an extra one.

All of the Walgreens here put them on clearance and sold out except for one of them that still has them full price, I kept waiting for that store to lower the prices but then CVS had there's 75% off so I just got them there instead. And that Walgreens still has them full price.

when i got my august freebie i got a coupon for free cvs batteries... well they were b1g1 that week so i use it and got both free.... so i would assume the napkins would be free. make sure you buy enough to make up the dollar.just so there aren't any problems.

Yesterday I used a $3 off $10 CVS product coupon and asked if the fun in the sun products were considered CVS products and they told me yes, well our summer clearance is 75% too so I got 4 of those bright colored tubs (great for cool beverages);) and a really pretty fall welcome mat....all for about $7 bucks. :D

Mine had summer at 90% off today, I got some more junk we didn't need, lol.

a lot of ours was 90% off too. We got smores sticks for 25 cents. The cutest princess and tinkerbell flip flops for 29 cents!! Also, a really cute pair of sandals for me also 29 cents. We got beach bags for 1.49 regularly 14.99. Hello kitty bubble blowers set for 1.49. High school musical lunch totes for 89 cents. Lastly, I got dora hats for 99cents!! They had great deals all around.

Scanned the Vlasic Sweet Relish and it rang .19. Montreal Steak and Chicken seasonings also rang up .19. Found some cute black bags that had flip flops and sea shells embroidered on them for 1.29 (located in the lotions/perfume area and not marked). Everything that looks like summer is worth scanning. It was all 90% off, including the grilling items. They had these displayed in the health care isle at one store without a sign. The grill brushes are ringing .49, deluxe grill covers .89 and the other accessories were also 90% off.

no clearance at the CVS yesterday at all .. all packed up.

But Suave is spend $6 on either shampoo, hair or body washes and get $2 ECB. They are on sale this week for $2 each. Some of the bottles are special sizes which are marked "get 50% more free" and put that with the buy 2 get 1 free coupon from the recent coupons and you will end up spending $4 and get $2 in ECB .. not a bad deal! Paper says limit one, but I believe that is not correct - as it didn't show max deal reached on my receipt.

Went to cvs yesterday, I got a 12 piece white dish set for 2.49. A 36 piece flatwear set for 2.49. A storage container (with drawers) for 1.99. cars and disney princess lunch box 2.49. they also had a computer desk for 6.xx and entertainment stand for 4.xx, but I didn't buy these. I spent 23.xx after my $2 extra bucks and $4 off $20 purchase. I love cvs!

For all you California/Nevada people that had a Longs Drugs convert to CVS:

Check it out! My local Longs now a CVS had a bunch of Christmas stuff out CHEAP! It was stuff that was manufactured just for longs, so now they've stuck it out to get rid of it before the Christmas rush starts! Some garland, small trees, decorations, lights, ornament hooks, paper and ribbon.

I picked up some lights, ribbon, and ornament hooks this morning.

The Dawn Hand Renewal is $1 and if you got the p&g coupon mailer there was a coupon in there for $1 off so it's free after the coupon, the coupon expires 9/30

My only store didn't have any of this kind, I may have to go to the next closest store (about 20 mins away), because I do have those coupons that I would love to use!