>>> Official Black Friday 2009 VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

My son has had his ds for 2 years and it finally kicked the bucket so he wants a new one for Christmas. I don't want to get him the dsi unless there is a great deal on it, he is 5 and doesn't need the camera or Internet lol

do you think there will be a great deal on a ds lite for bf, or maybe no

since it is an older system?? I am wondering if I should buy when I see a sale now or wait... Also, it could be that the dsi has a great deal I can't pass up for bf and it would be better to get a dsi on bf rather than a ds lite now... Any ideas/suggestions?? Thanks!!

I picked up two refurbished ds's (not lite, the orginal system) from gamestop for 69.99 each and they back them up with a warrenty when they came they looked like new my kids are younger too and I know what you mean about not wanting to spend alot, if you buy online SAVER will give you free shipping!

I'm really hoping for a great deal on a DS (Lite), as well! DS7 and I both have 1 and love them. I really want to get one for my MIL (she loves games and puzzles), but our budget is already stretched pretty thin (1 income, 4 kids and a LARGE extended family). $99 or less would be GREAT! I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for some $10 games like Sudoku, Uno, Yahtzee, etc.

DH told her she had to babysit our kids on BF so we could get her present... she's convinced it is something for the kitchen (she hates to cook) so she'll be excited to get "toys" instead!

We are doing a group family gift for my 70+ gma this year. We decided to get her a DS Lite. I was going to wait until BF in hopes it would be on sale, but was hesitant since we have our Christmas gathering the very next weekend. I ended up finding a nice bundle on Amazon for $138.99...it included DS lite, a carry bag, and Personal Trainer Cooking game (which she will LOVE).

Dell has the DSI for 129.00 shipped right now.

I believe Dell has the DS Lite for $129 and the DSi for $169. The $130 price for the DSi is no longer available.

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=dhs&c=us&l=en&cs=19&k=ds+lite&cat=prod&ref=ac

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cat=prod&cs=19&k=dsi&rpp=12&p=1&rf=all&nk=f&sort=K&nf=%7e3%7e16036&navla=%7e3%7e16036&ira=False&~srd=False&ipsys=False&advsrch=False&~ck=anav

I don't think BF would have a better deal than the $129 shipped that Dell will most likely have again. The best you could probably do on BF is a game/accessory bundle with the hardware. Still would probably be regular price though.

I would watch the Dell site.

I picked up two refurbished ds's (not lite, the orginal system) from gamestop for 69.99 each and they back them up with a warrenty when they came they looked like new my kids are younger too and I know what you mean about not wanting to spend alot, if you buy online SAVER will give you free shipping!

Ohh, we were thinking of doing DS's for the boys and this might be the route to go. They are 5 and 6. Now you got me thinking again!! lol :D

Looks like PS3 Will sell amazingly this holiday season, with the new Slim + bundle.

I myself want to get one on Black Friday, but i'm wondering how crazy it will be. I heard there won't be a massive cut on the prices, maybe around $20.

Guess i'll have to wait the 3-4 weeks :)

HELP!!! I know nothing about video games, not a darn thing, we dont own any. But the hubby and I have been talking about getting a WII, they look fun. Since I dont know anything about them, I need some help, does everything I need come with it or do I need to buy additional stuff to use it. I see its listed at 199 on most ads but it also seems to be 199 right now, does anyone think its going to get cheaper on bf? Whats a good price for games, does it come with any? Please, please help me!! Thanks in advance!!

HELP!!! I know nothing about video games, not a darn thing, we dont own any. But the hubby and I have been talking about getting a WII, they look fun. Since I dont know anything about them, I need some help, does everything I need come with it or do I need to buy additional stuff to use it. I see its listed at 199 on most ads but it also seems to be 199 right now, does anyone think its going to get cheaper on bf? Whats a good price for games, does it come with any? Please, please help me!! Thanks in advance!!

Yes the regular price for the Wii is $199. On BF or after you may get a bundle package or a special offer of a gift card etc.

You will need to get another remote (wiimote) and a nunchuk. I suggest if you are interested in getting the Wii play game get the package that comes with a remote. IT is $44.49 at Amazon and a remote usually costs around $20. New games are usually around $49.99 but there are a lot of special when they come out. There are also older games you can get in teh $20 range. I also recommend that you get a charger for the wiimotes with rechargeable batteries because if you play the system alot the batteries can get expensive.

Our family loves the wii. We have had it since the release it was the kids big gift that year.

I dont know if you have kids and if you do their ages. A great game is The Wii outdooor challenge it is so much fun. IF you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Yes the regular price for the Wii is $199. On BF or after you may get a bundle package or a special offer of a gift card etc.

You will need to get another remote (wiimote) and a nunchuk. I suggest if you are interested in getting the Wii play game get the package that comes with a remote. IT is $44.49 at Amazon and a remote usually costs around $20. New games are usually around $49.99 but there are a lot of special when they come out. There are also older games you can get in teh $20 range. I also recommend that you get a charger for the wiimotes with rechargeable batteries because if you play the system alot the batteries can get expensive.

Our family loves the wii. We have had it since the release it was the kids big gift that year.

I dont know if you have kids and if you do their ages. A great game is The Wii outdooor challenge it is so much fun. IF you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks so much for the info!!

Anyone think that the DJ Hero Bundle will go cheaper before Christmas or should I buy at Best Buy now and get the $20 back from Paypal?

I don't know of any place that has it on Sale now or will on Black Friday Yet. But when I find out i'll post it here cause im looking for this as my gift to myself.

don't get a DSi, it loses the GBA slot. If your kids have old GBA games, they can play them in the GBA slot that's in the DSLite. DSLite comes in several colors.

Target Black Friday Ad: DSi purchase gets you a free $20 gift card. Its got the regular price, not a true 'sale' price, so gift card is as good as it gets.

I am disappointed in the selection of Video Games "on sale" thus far......none of them are ones I am interested in.

I am thinking of getting the DSi for my DD11. She already has a DSlite. There are some games on her list that it looks like will only work fully (can still work with the lite) with the DSi. Style Labs Makeover (she can take a picture oof herself and be creative with makeup on the DSi and Style Labs Jewelry Design (she can create jewelry and then upload to a website for it to be created for her and buy it from them. Great way for future gifts for her lol) She has had her DS Lite since it came out, and now she is into more grownup stuff. I was considering the new PSPgo but there are not a lot of games for girls.

Does anyone know what the 5 games that are with the DSi at Target and Kmart. If they are the same then the deal at Target is a better buy since you get $20 gc with the system and also a $10 gc for spending over $100.

My wife wants a Wii. I am going to buy her one, but don't wait to buy it yet in case there is going to be a great deal in the next few weeks? Any guesses on the price and who is going to have it on sale? I don't understand why everyone is saying $199 is the "on sale" price. The Wii's were marked down to that price about 6 weeks ago. What does everyone else think?

Really don't see the Wii going for less than $199, but it's the bundles where you get savings. Look for a store that will give you gift cards, extra controllers, different game, etc.

I am disappointed in the choice of games also. All my stepson wants is video games and none of the ones he has on his list are even in any ad!!

Does Lego Rockband for DS need anything special for the ds in order to play it?

I ask because I know the guitar hero for ds has a special attachment but I haven't seen anything special for DS for rockband.

DS2 told us today he really really really wants Lego Rockband for his ds. I want to make sure if I buy it he can actually play it.

If anyone is military with Aafes.com access you can get $10 off a Gamezone purchase of $25 Nov 11-19 by using the code 9290enewsgz1. It doesn't include preorders or gift cards, but some good games for kids are released the 17th that I am waiting on so hope it helps someone else.

https://shop.aafes.com/shop/default.aspx?loc=b2b/redirect.asp~VendorID=21343112 <-- link to site sign in :)

Yesterday I saw in one of the scanned ads a Wii Active (or EA Active) but I can't find it now and can't remember the store.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows which store!

Of course I guess I could wait to have the paper ads in my hand but this site is so fun and helps me plan!

Anyone have a 5 year old with a DS? If so what games do they play?

My son really has wanted one for about a year ever since his older cousin got one so we are buying one from another cousin who has gotten too old for it but her younger sister is keeping the games so I need to pick up some games for him and am having a hard time finding games that I think he can manage.

He has had a Wii for a year so he's pretty familiar with video games in general and he's played some racing games on his cousin's DS but I don't want to just get him all racing games. Plus he already has Mario Kart for Wii.