>>> Official Black Friday 2009 VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

I can't do a WII. I'd like to have one, but it's SD and looks like crap on a HDTV. I'm going to hold out for an HD WII. Next year, I'm guessing. Thing about the WII is Nintendo has exclusives that are incomparable.

For now, it's the PS3 for me -- got it for $250 last fall. Great games for big kids and an excellent blu-ray player for movies.

Has anyone tried Beatles Rock Band yet?

DH and ds19 both have it and play against each other online. I, personally, am SICK :yuck:of hearing Beatles songs!!!:eek: But then again, I'm not a Beatles fan, they were before my time. And while I will admit they have some decent songs, I still DO NOT want to hear them ALL THE TIME!!!

The funny thing is, I was sitting at the computer desk on the computer, which is beside his video games "set up" when he first played it and I was like "Wait a minute, the Beatles sung that? I thought it was an Aerosmith song!!!" Kinda shows my age ;)

Thinking of hitting TRU this week for the Halo ODST Xbox 360 game to put away for xmas- until the 26th you get a Halo action figure (while supplies last) and a $20 gift card with purchase. Plus, starting the 25th I have a coupon for $10 off $75 purchase so since the game is already $60 I would only be spending a little more to use the coupon and get something else

Thinking of hitting TRU this week for the Halo ODST Xbox 360 game to put away for xmas- until the 26th you get a Halo action figure (while supplies last) and a $20 gift card with purchase. Plus, starting the 25th I have a coupon for $10 off $75 purchase so since the game is already $60 I would only be spending a little more to use the coupon and get something else

Where did you get the coupon?

Are there ever any Playstation 3 deals on black friday? Like free game with purchase?

I don't think I have ever seen that happen and if it does, it's all the crummy games. They will have holiday bundles though but they will probably be with the more expensive 250gb PS3. PS3's will sell like crazy along with their games this holiday. Don't expect a free game to help get PS3's off the shelf.

Ok, you're all going to think we are strange, but we're looking to buy ds7 either a Nintendo 64 or Super Nintendo. Have been debating on buying the Retro thingy on Buy.com that plays Nintendo and Super Nintendo games. Does anyone have it? Any opinions about it? Just worrying about having a fortune wrapped up in the games.

Oh, the reason behind it is because he keeps scratching up all of the discs for the 360, ps3 and wii. Figured we could put this in his room and he could change the games himself. Less complicated for him. He's REALLY good at the games, just won't leave his hands off the discs and has trouble starting them.

We did this last year for my brother in law. He has so many SNES games and no way to play them. He loved it. in addition, the games for it are super cheap, because no one is plaing SNES anymore! And game store should have lots of used ones.

What DS games are your kids asking for this year?

DS13 has not asked for DS games only 360 games. DD11 so far has asked for Imagine Detective, the jewelry game that you design your stuff and can have it made (dont know the name) There are others but cant remember off the top of my head. Will get a list when she comes home and post it.

When do the holiday bundles start to show up? I am wanting a PS3?

I think I found the answer

Sony Computer Entertainment today announced a line-up of PlayStation3 (PS3) bundles for the holiday season, consisting of a PS3 with a 250GB hard disc drive and one of a selection of software and content, including FIFA 10 and Need for Speed Shift. The bundles will be available throughout retail in October 2009.

Following the great success of the new, smaller, 120GB PS3, which sold over 1m units in its first three weeks on sale, the 250GB model has the same hardware specifications as the current model, but with greater storage space, to offer consumers even more choice. The 250GB PS3, with its larger storage capacity, will allow owners to take full advantage of the incredible software line-up and the many multimedia functions available on PS3, whether that is storing and viewing your family photographs, listening to your entire music collection in crisp quality, or watching your favourite home videos or TV shows. More storage allows you to download more of the latest games and add-ons from PlayStationStore, as well as movies in both HD and SD from the PlayStation Network video delivery service when it launches later this year, without worrying about running out of space.

http://www.holyfragger.com/ps3/news/?a=1093

We did this last year for my brother in law. He has so many SNES games and no way to play them. He loved it. in addition, the games for it are super cheap, because no one is plaing SNES anymore! And game store should have lots of used ones.

actually around here the older system games are hard to find (except gamecube) mostly you have to find them at pawn shops and yard sales.

I know absolutely nothing about video games or systems. Clueless about purchasing them. My daughter-in-law told me that my son would like Batman: Arkham Asylum for Christmas. Should I buy this now or will there be deals closer to Christmas? Just keep checking here for the info?

That game was just released, so chances are you won't see it discounted. But it also should not hurt to wait until and see what happens closer to BF.

I can't do a WII. I'd like to have one, but it's SD and looks like crap on a HDTV. I'm going to hold out for an HD WII. Next year, I'm guessing. Thing about the WII is Nintendo has exclusives that are incomparable.

For now, it's the PS3 for me -- got it for $250 last fall. Great games for big kids and an excellent blu-ray player for movies.

Wouldn't that make a Wii 2 because Wii is not an HD gaming console. It goes up to 480p.

Don't forget to check www.guitarherostore.com ( used to be redoctane.com) for good deals on guitar hero games and packages. We usually find a good deal every year with free shipping. We just bought GH5 for Wii with the drumset and mic ( we already have two wireless guitars) for $119 w/free shipping and the new Van Halen game will be shipped to us for free when it is released. I think this was a very good deal. This will be my 13 yr olds big gift probably. We also got a very good deal from the website for his birthday this summer. You can get on their email list so you are notified of specials.

I'm hoping to find some kind of deal on BandHero for my dd. I know she would love it and ds would enjoy some of it. I am also looking for the new Disney Singit pop songs so I can hear her sing something different. lol I don't think these two are released yet. Then we are also looking for a deal on Wii Sports Resort and Need for Speed SHift for PS3. The games are so expensive and I really want to be able to get a few other things they need/want. I guess we will have to see if there are deals out there.

Link

PS3 Slim to Get Incredible Bundles This Holiday

There are seven bundles in total, and they are bound to move a lot of units, especially with the presence of two killer exclusive games for PS3.

•PS3 Slim + Need for Speed Shift (October 1, 2009)

•PS3 Slim + Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (October 14, 2009)

•PS3 Slim + Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 (October 24, 2009)

•PS3 Slim + Two Blu-ray Movies (TBA 2009)

•PS3 Slim + Tekken 6 (November 4, 2009)

•PS3 Slim + Assassin’s Creed 2 (November 19, 2009)

•PS3 Slim + Gran Turismo 5 (December 4, 2009)

Seems like the first 2 have been accurate so I feel safe saying that I am gonna wait for the GT bundle...woot

Ok, you're all going to think we are strange, but we're looking to buy ds7 either a Nintendo 64 or Super Nintendo. Have been debating on buying the Retro thingy on Buy that plays Nintendo and Super Nintendo games. Does anyone have it? Any opinions about it? Just worrying about having a fortune wrapped up in the games.

Oh, the reason behind it is because he keeps scratching up all of the discs for the 360, ps3 and wii. Figured we could put this in his room and he could change the games himself. Less complicated for him. He's REALLY good at the games, just won't leave his hands off the discs and has trouble starting them.

I do not think it is strange at all.Do not know what that retro thing is but have you tried ebay,craiglist and pawnshops?

OHH and sometimes the game stores liek game stop has them.I got a N64 with 2 games for $40 at gamestop