Contest: Win GottaDeal.com Reusable Grocery Bag 4-Packs - WINNERS CHOSEN!

Brad

1. In my opinion, Wal-Mart had the best ad in 2008...why? Simple, they pm. I don't have Target, Best Buy, or other stores near me, so, I just take the ads and get what I need at one place.

2. My advice to someone who is new to BF would be, be safe and have fun. I have been doing BF for many, many years, and there are a few simple rules I have made for myself, and anyone shopping with me. Be polite to others, even when they are being..., well, you get the meaning. Be as prepared as possible. Mainly, laugh alot and make new friends.

3. Besides offering great deals, a store can get me there by simply being prepared for the unexpected and to make sure that employees are polite and helpful.

1. In your opinion, what store had the best Black Friday ad last year (2008) and why?

Last year was Walmart for me. There were several items there I wanted that were a great deal and also because they price matched a couple other stores to save stops for me.

2. What would be your #1 piece of advice to someone totally new to Black Friday?

Always prepare/plan ahead and when you make your lists be sure to put the sizes, weights, etc on the list so that when you find them on the shelves and you aren't sure it is the right item you don't have to search the sales ad to find it again.

3. Besides offering great deals, what else can a store do to get you to shop there on BF?

Some type of "wind block" would be nice when it's bitter cold outside... or at least offer hot coffee/cocoa when the shoppers are in line to help keep everyone warm... and if that isn't feasible.. how about roped off lines to try to help with crowd control?

1. In your opinion, what store had the best Black Friday ad last year (2008) and why?

I would say Walmart I got a lot of good deals there last year!

2. What would be your #1 piece of advice to someone totally new to Black Friday?bring a friend or family to help out and do your research on what to expect and make sure you make a list of items you want and dress warm you may stand in a line outside in the cold for a long time!

3. Besides offering great deals, what else can a store do to get you to shop there on BF? make sure they have enough employees working to help customers and clearly state where there items will be!

A. Walmart- Besides that they had the best selection in BF deals.. They price matched a lot of other items for me.

2. What would be your #1 piece of advice to someone totally new to Black Friday?

B. Start a list by store so you don't forget any advertised BF deal. Also Bring all competitor ads to price match if going to a store that does. This alone can save you big.

3. Besides offering great deals, what else can a store do to get you to shop there on BF?

C. Offer incentives on merchandise.. Free accessory w/ purchase, price matching, and/or have an organized BF game plan to control the crowds!

It is sad to say Walmart was best. I wanted to boycott but cheap winter jackets, vacuums, and pjs made me get my hiney out of bed.

My advice is a list (priorties) and a floor plan layout. Stand a hour early at the spot of the item you want most (usually electronics or toy go super fast).

Best thing a store can do is be organized with floor plan layout and all registers open!

Target - Video Game Rocker, DVD's, Wii games, PJ sets, Toys

2. What would be your #1 piece of advice to someone totally new to Black Friday?]

While I highly recommend going with someone, don't ask someone to go who doesn't deal well with crowds, doesn't understand the thrill of the bargain hunt and doesn't realize that early BF is not the time to browse!

The Target I was at last year (by my parents house in NJ) handed out store maps that had a lot of the BF specials marked - like the big cardboard DVD displays in the front of the girls dept and the video rockers in a corner of the boys dept. The year prior, another Target (also in NJ) gave out reusable shopping bags with a few Archers Farm samples in it.

Target but I pricematched everything at WalMart at Midnight.

Get a newspaper with all the ads and take them with you incase you can pricematch!!

Get your ad out early, offer doughnuts or coffee to people in line, or freebies (life gift card to first 25 people or goodie bags)

Target, they had a lot of kitchen items on sale and electronics.

Plan ahead

Free stuff.

1. Walmart had the best deals for me last year. I was able to get alot of things that I need and great prices. The fact that they price matched was a big plus too.

2. Keep an open mind about the day. Anything and everything can happen and you may need to adjust to fit the surroundings.

3. For the stores to have a plan of action and to be ORGANIZED and READY!

For me, it was Sears. They had a lot of the items I was looking for, including the great washer/dryer combo.

2. What would be your #1 piece of advice to someone totally new to Black Friday? I am by no means a Black Friday expert, but I would definitely get organized with a list for each store along with the deals for each item. Someone here had the great idea to put everything in a three-ring binder that way there's only one thing to carry in the store and you don't have ads flying everywhere! Also, if you can, have friends stationed at different stores and give them a copy of your list as well as you have a copy of their list. Also, I know some parts of the country are extremely cold on BF, but try not to wear a huge coat. It will just get in the way!!!

3. Besides offering great deals, what else can a store do to get you to shop there on BF? Offer more bundles items, more free items with purchase, and price matching.

Stacy

Brad..have i told u lately that i love u!!:gdinlove: lol thanks for the contest!!:D:D:D

In MY opinion toys r us..i have a 2 yr old lol it helps alot I always get to fill my living room full of awsome name brand gifts for all the kids in my family for under 500 bucks! and where i do my bf shopping the line there starts at 4:30! so no long hours! Khols is really good too!

PLAN!! and bring a friend! if possible have 2 ppl at every store to get everything for everyone I did this one year and it was awsome! but mainly PLAN PLAN PLAN!

ORGANIZE!! last yr tru was so outta whack they "tried" to make every one follow this stupid line all around the store! needless to say it didnt work lmao i KNOW they will not be attempting that this year! the check out lines did go quick though!

1. For the first time ever for me, Walmart was the first place I shopped last year. I remember going crazy for the cheap jeans.

2. My tip for a BF newbie is to get up early and have a game plan of what you want to buy before you hit the stores. Every BF I talk to people who have no idea what's on sale, they are just there to "get a deal" but they have no idea what is really on sale that day.

3. I like freebies, so I'd be excited to get free food, drink, samples, a reusable bag, etc.

1. Walmart - Got in early, got everything we wanted and at great prices.

2. Plan how to stay warm when you arrive early and wait in line - this is 2-part advice. I don't know how many times in the last few years that I have seen people show up early ill-prepared for the weather and expect you to pity them for it. And the second part was something I have only seen starting last year, and I hope to not see it again which is people waiting in their cars until the last minute then try to rush the line because they think they are too _____ to wait in the cold with us.

3. Perks for standing in line would be awesome, but ultimately they need to not be pansies about their ad getting out early. I understand the Marketing Pressure of being first with a low price that may be beatable, but that must be accounted for in their estimation of cost.

Go Green! Reusable Bags are my Favorite.

Best Buy had the best ad, IMO, DH and I have 6 kids (12 and over) so we buy alot of electronics...they always have what I am looking for on BF for the best price.

Get in line early!!! Don't be one of these people that show up at 4 in the morning and expect to be the first in the door.

Allow concessions (roach coach's, vendors, etc) and have bathrooms available...People are in line for a long time and they need these things :)

Sears. It had the most hype, with the washer and dryer, but they failed to live up to their ad.

Don’t count on the deals – if you get them wonderful, but don’t let it ruin the season if you miss out, don’t let the pressure get to you, have fun.

While free stuff is great, good organization is worth its weight in gold. Know what is available. Keep order in line, tickets are useful, don’t let the employees horde stuff.

Early ad release, and online buying options make it more likely I will buy from their store.

Big Lots They had a duel deck VCR/DVDRW for $50 and it had a HD tuner I was told.

5 hr energy shots :eyepoppin

Make sure that people go in in an orderly fashion and no line jumping. Crowd control!!!

Edited by Postal Phil

1. Kohls was the best ad for me. We usually start there because there are lots of different people that I can get crossed off of my list all in one place. This past year was no exception.

2. I would tell any new person to Black Friday to take advice from a BF veteran! And if you can hook up and go shopping with some experienced shoppers then even better. Plan your lists of what you intend to shop for and get it in order by what you must get that day and what you can really live without you happen not to find it. ORGANIZATION is your best friend!!

3. Other than great deals, I choose what stores I shop at based on past experience with customer service. I know that it is a busy, crazy day and people are tired. However, I feel that a nice shopping experience is important. If I remember that cashiers or stockers were friendly -especially on a hectic day- I am much more likely to return to those stores. On the other hand I am just as likely NOT to return to stores where employees are rude.

#1-Sears had the best ad. The front loader washer/dryer both together were $798.00 What a deal!!!

#2- Sign up to this web site, take your ads with you, wear comfortable shoes, take bottled water with you, check online to see if you can avoid the lines, no kids and no strollers

Walmart will ad match identical items.

#3-Have organized control of the customers, offer small bottles/cups of water or coffee,

perhaps have give-aways to the Early Birds.

We had a local restaurant giving away Free Queso Dip with any purchase that day to all in line. Local merchants could benefit greatly.

1.) Wal-Mart was the best for me and my family, hands down. We purchased the sewing machine, the car for 88 bucks, bean bag chairs, towles, and several 2 dollar DVDs. To make things better, we all got new winter coats for $8 each, and they are great!

2.) Get there EARLY. Make friends with those around you in line. That way, it's fun, and you have a better chance of getting what you went for.

3.) I love free give-aways, but anytime a store offers a blanket discount it's the best! Last year we went to a local store with some great prices, and the first 100 people in the door got a 20% off of EVERYTHING, including the doorbusters!

1.) In my opinion, Kohl's had the best ad last year. They opened early enough that I could get everything there that I needed and still make it to Target on time. What is great about Kohl's is that they have all of their "'door buster" items stacked in the aisles for easy grabbing.

2.) Chart your course early and stay in touch here.

3.) Target handed out hot coffee, hot chocolate and gift bags for those who were standing outside in line. That was great because it was so cold. But to me, besides the great deals I like stores that have people outside to keep everyone entering in an orderly fashion. I have been stuck in the middle of people pushing and shoving and line jumping before and it is not pleasant.

1) Farm and Fleet had the best deals on stocking stuffers (candles, blankets, candy sets), love this store on BF

2) Bring a friend, make a plan and expect crowds. Remember the spirit of the season and have a great time.

3) Super door busters would reel me in. Knowing that the store has enough merchandise in stock also gets me in the door on Black Friday. Organization of lines outside before opening is also a plus.

Connie

Walmart- I actually left the comfort of my house to go get a TV.

Read Gottadeal Black Friday forums, members here know alot and are a big help to even people who have been shopping black friday for years

Have store maps of where everything will be located

1. Target had the best ad for me. They have toys, electronics and clothes that I can always use and their sale is usually for two days.

2. Come to gottadeal.com to check out the ads and other great deals throughout the year and especially around BF.

3. Offering freebies, gift cards and organizing check out and aisles better on BF.

1. I like Target's Ad but....we always go to Walmart first. They price match so it makes no sense to go to Target just because they have the nicest ad. We spend 80% of our $$ at Walmart. Plus, our Walmart is open 24 hours so they let us stand inside the store before the BF sale starts. They even have a map of the layout of the sale items. They have many checkout stations so it's just a #1 stop for us! Easy in, easy out. On to the other stores without wasting much time.

2. Elite and I share the same advice: CELL PHONES!! My daughters and I all used our cell phones to coordinate where we were in the stores, what items we snagged, the number of items we snagged, and MOST IMPORTANT, other things such as: "I found the barbies, do you want the one with the blonde hair"? "How many hot wheels did you want"? "the microwave is really small, do you still want it"?

3. They can keep me happy while I am standing in the long check out lines. Coffee, treats, give-a-ways are fun.

1. I thought the Sears ad was pretty good. We got an excellent deal on our microwave, and a good deal on tires. (It's sad that I get excited about tires, but I do.)

2.Bring a totally disinterested spouse that only wants tires. That way you have a RELIABLE getaway vehicle.

3. I like the idea of a silly q and a game where you win prizes. (Like where is Target's headquarters located, etc.) Unfortunately with a long line it would be hard to manage. It would get your mind off the cold though.

1. For me the best ad was Walmart because I was able to cover 50+% of my gifts at that one store.

2. Don't do it alone. Get a buddy or better yet a group. If some are experienced BF shoppers then they can help the novice if not then you can all learn together. Jumping in alone can be overwhelming.

3. I think it would be nice to see stores appreciate the effort/dedication that bfers put into this by having a little more organization to how deals are located (maps, etc.) and control over the hordes that rush the doors at opening.

For me it was Target, I was able to get the dual Guitar Hero Game for cheap

Use Gotta Deal. Out of all the Black Friday Sites I have been too this one by far is the best. I especially LOVE the Shopping list feature that allows me to pick the items I am looking for a print the list. It makes it soooo easy to get the things you want.

Have a great Customer Service. Nothing turns me off more from a store then rude workers or workers that aren't willing to help.

I'm going to go with Best Buy. Last year was the first time I ever camped out at a store, tent and all.

Plan ahead and know what you want to get. At the store is not the time to go through the ad and decide what you want, while hundreds of other people are racing around to get what they want.

I wish more stores would get onboard with a ticket system like Best Buy. The lines at Best Buy here always run so smoothly and quickly.