SUPER HOT: Toshiba M35XS114 $299 AR @ CC

Mike

This is B&M only. Unadvertised and very HOT.

Toshiba M35XS114

In-store price of $600

Mail in rebate of $300

After rebate price of $300.

Celeron M

15" XGA

256mb ram

40GB hd

dvd/cd-rw drive

Nothing special as far as laptops go, but you can't beat it for $300. The nice thing is, its only 1 rebate, going to circuit city, and there is no limit on how many rebates you send per household/person. Copies of the UPC barcode are accepted. 1 rebate per item though.

Thanks for the PM about this Ross, I saw it and I was thinking what I would do with another laptop. I like my new laptop but damn 300 dollars...you just cant beat that no way no how. I'm still thinking of what I can do with it though.

Thanks for the PM about this Ross, I saw it and I was thinking what I would do with another laptop. I like my new laptop but damn 300 dollars...you just cant beat that no way no how. I'm still thinking of what I can do with it though.

He is what you do.

(1) You return your Gateway to CC

(2) Get this one for $300

It's not like you couldn't return it.

do your family members a favor and NOT recommend a celeron for college. Trust me when I say that it will BARELY run Office.

Here's a very telling review from JR:

$1100 Computer for teens, May 10, 2005

Reviewer: Aldington H. Russell - See all my reviews

I just bought this computer from the Army Air Force Exchange. I am returning it after I remove my personal data.

My problems started with the USB ports. The computer has three USB ports, but only 1 USB Controller. I had a Web Cam, Ext Sound Card (w/ext power) and tried to connect my Memorex Thumb Drive. It locked the computer up. After locating the above deficiency in the engineering, I attempted to attach the 3 items to a externally powered USB Hub, with the same results. I was willing to work with this due to the reasonable price, but started finding that the software (Office 2003 - Teacher/Student Edition & Quicken 2004) that was installed were trial versions, that would have to be upgraded within 60 days. There is an abundance of software that keeps popping up to be loaded/DL'd (note; you can't tell when something is being DL'd, looked like computer locked up). Suspect that these may be trial versions as well. I would recommend it for a 15 y/o, if you have S/W already on hand to install. This experience was like buying a lot of Pop-up ads (a Toshiba Ad Campaign). I suspect that you would end up spending another $300 on S/W to get this up to a typical S/W package that comes with a New Computer.

Celeron M is fairly decent

Agreed. This is a BUDGET laptop. You're not going to run PhotoShop or play the latest video games on it.

For basic internet surfing, listening to MP3s, watching DVD movies, burning CD's and working on school work - it's sufficient.

I would definitely upgrade the RAM though to at least 512MB RAM.

A friend from Phoenix just called and he scored 2 of these.

He's already sold them to college students for $599 each, lucky bastard!!!

$600 profit for about 1 hour of work.

Where did he sell them? Or just to people he knows?

I went to a Circuit City to get one of these, and it rung up at $779.00 USD.

I told them that a friend bought one for $600.00. No luck, it had the rebate available, but still the higher price.

What store did you go to? Ill be able to check it out for you.

All of our local CC"s got rid of these last month, oh well.

I can confirm our price is $599.

Did you call them to inquire or did you go to an actual store to ask them if they have any in stock? The closest one near me didn't have any on display when I went and I couldn't find a CSR close enough to ask...

Wow, this is an AWESOME deal!!!

Does anyone know if this has a wireless card in it (hopefully g), or would you have to install one. Thanks

n/m found the answer to my own question, it has an integrated wireless lan, but it doesn't say if it is b or g, guess b that thats ok.

Think i'm taking a trip to cc right now, hope they still have in stock.

Wow, this is an AWESOME deal!!!

Does anyone know if this has a wireless card in it (hopefully g), or would you have to install one. Thanks

Yes it is an awesome deal if you can find one in stock in your area. I would start looking immediately!

According to the Amazon.com description it comes with 802.11g included :)

Product Description

Product Description

High-end mobile computing at a value price

The Satellite® M35X-S114 is a great value for those who are trying a notebook for the first time, with features not usually offered at such a great price. It features a 15.0" diagonal display, integrated 802.11bg wireless and an IEEE 1394 port in a small, light chassis. You don’t have to sacrifice performance for price, either, as its Intel® Celeron® M Processor is designed specifically for notebooks, maximizing mobile performance and battery life. The Satellite® M35X-S114 is a great way to experience for yourself the advanced engineering and innovations that Toshiba is known for pioneering.

This is assuming they are identical models.