What did you buy previous Black Friday's that you regret?

abentley

I guess I am lucky or really absent minded - because I can't remember buying anything I later regretted.

Me neither. I did buy the dual video screens from Walmart for the car... Once I figured out their BF price was the regular price I took them back :)

I did waste alot of time though. Waiting till 4 am to see if I could save 3.00 on jeans.... Only to find out none of them fit.

I can't remember anything specific I wasn't pleased with, but I do know I will never try to "buy ahead" and get the difference back on BF at Walmart. Those scumbags tend to switch SKUs for BF sales. Walmart is on my "banned" list for BF.

I really can't think of anything I bought that I didn't like. I bought the stick vac at walmart last year, and my mom bought one also. We use them for our kitchens almost every day. It doesn't suck much up but it works for things like pet hair and litter. I got some really great deals the past few years.

I don't necessarily regret buying my Garmin Nuvi 200W last year BF but I'm sorely disappointed :(

I guess my expectations were too high.I'm severely "directionally challenged" and can get lost with having two separate routes from MapQuest so I thought a GPS was my salvation!

I don't know if it's the brand,version or what,but my GPS is NOT infallible. I really wanted to be able to plug it in,set my destination and then never worry about getting lost or being mislead but that is not the case.

Sometimes it takes a long time to pick up a satellite or just plain completely messes up.

Maybe I should have gotten a more expensive version but I don't need or want a lot of bells and whistles.

Maybe it's just me though.:confused:

OMG thank goodness i'm not the only one!!! I'm also directionally challanged (My dad said THANK GOD when he found out i picked one up for myself, lol)...I have the same problems with it not picking up satallites forever and it sometimes sends me on a HUGE detour to get somewhere...I need one that tells me the route it's taking ahead of time so I can know if it's faster to take a different road.

I regret buying the Nerf Vulcan (or any other nerf products) that I price matched from Kmart at Walmart Thanksgiving day. A big piece of JUNK! Imo

AMEN TO THIS!!!! All three of my boys wanted one last year, so they all got one. We even had to go buy a second one because our car got broken into and one got stolen. They are a pain in the butt, too big, too heavy, too bulky, darts all over the house.

Guess what my 9 year old wants this year? The Nerf Raider!!......uh, Not no, but HELL NO!!!

I didn't buy the Nerf Vulcan on BF, but my DS REALLY wanted one, so we drove all over BF, didn't find any, then the next day, we called a WM 45 minutes from our house and they had 1. We drove all that way to get one, then on Christmas morning, DH puts it together, it fired one dart, then jammed up and wouldn't work again.

We were planning on exchanging it for a new one, but I looked online and found a site where TONS of people had started posting Christmas Day about their Vulcans doing the same thing. So, we returned it, gave DS the cash, he bought a Nintendo DS game, and everyone was happy!

I admit I buy stuff I don't need, but can't pass up! Last year I grabbed some towels at Walmart. Oh they are awful! My DH laughed at me for buying them, I can't seem to wear them out for throw them away. What about you? Any buyers remorse purchases?

funny cause we bought the towels and like them. No they are not fluffy super nice but for swim practice and meets they were cheap we used the fabric spray paint on them to do DDs name/team name to help prevent loss but for the price i dont worry as much about losing them

Regret is Girls cupcake frosting thingy that WM had for 25$ last year...still in box. Was a OMGI HAVE TO OWN IT item for DD and she never even opened it

The only thing I can think of that I regret buying is the vacuum stick that walmart was sold 3 or 4 BF's ago. It does a lousy job, not worth the effort or the money. Now it just sits in the closet.

we have it as well and like it. It works great on hard wood floors for pet hair. Actually picked up a 2nd the next year for in the camper

Don't fall for the cheapo $5 pajamas from Wal-Mart! First of all, you have to buy two sizes bigger than your kid normally wears to get them to fit. Then they are so thin and all the fabric softener in the world does not soften them up. Spend the extra money and get them something soft and comfy!

Also, cheap electronics are always disappointing.

Thanks for the advice on the Vulcan. That was #1 on DS12-2's list. Guess I won't be wasting the $35!

I bought the Nerf Rapid fire 20, my B-I-L bought the Vulcan that he thought would get the best of me in a nerf fight. It doesn't even work now and it would shoot out 1 dart/second when it did work. By the time he was on his 4-5th dart, he was sprayed with 20 darts from mine...mwuahaha!

My kids love the rapid fire and don't play with the vulcan. If anyone's looking for a nerf gun that WORKS, I highly suggest getting this one. I bought it for $19 on sale but it goes for up to $30 at TRU. (it's even the easiest one to use for my 4 year old who isn't strong enough to pull back the regular nerf guns)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519ysZumyxL._SS500_.jpg

Everyone posting about toys that were broken or never used reminded me of something else... Last year I spent a bunch of money on the whole Rose Petal Cottage Cherry Blossom Market set for my then foster daughter. I thought she would LOVE it and she sure seemed to Christmas morning.

Well, Christmas evening, come bedtime, she decides she doesn't want to go to bed. When I insist (it was 10pm, well past her 8pm bedtime), she got mad, and I heard her in her room yelling, screaming, and thumping around. The next morning, I went in to find the cash register cracked, the dishes and utensils snapped in half, the paper money torn up, and the FRAME to the market bent all up. I'm guessing she was hanging from it?!? The only things that survived were the stuffed fruits, veggies, cake, etc.

I was so disapointed... I had pictures of her spending hours playing in her little play house. I used to have a playhouse and I loved it- then I had 2 boys. She was my first little girl, so I had big visions of us playing house together. I'm just glad DH talked me out of the $300 wooden doll house I had been considering for her! She also got a big Princess throne that she broke the arms and legs off of...

The only thing that kept me from being too upset was that a week or 2 before Christmas, Amazon & Walmart.com had put everything on sale for CHEAP, so I was able to return the expensive set that I bought on BF, so instead of destroying something I had spent about $200on, it only cost us about $50.

Everyone posting about toys that were broken or never used reminded me of something else... Last year I spent a bunch of money on the whole Rose Petal Cottage Cherry Blossom Market set for my then foster daughter. I thought she would LOVE it and she sure seemed to Christmas morning.

Well, Christmas evening, come bedtime, she decides she doesn't want to go to bed. When I insist (it was 10pm, well past her 8pm bedtime), she got mad, and I heard her in her room yelling, screaming, and thumping around. The next morning, I went in to find the cash register cracked, the dishes and utensils snapped in half, the paper money torn up, and the FRAME to the market bent all up. I'm guessing she was hanging from it?!? The only things that survived were the stuffed fruits, veggies, cake, etc.

I was so disapointed... I had pictures of her spending hours playing in her little play house. I used to have a playhouse and I loved it- then I had 2 boys. She was my first little girl, so I had big visions of us playing house together. I'm just glad DH talked me out of the $300 wooden doll house I had been considering for her! She also got a big Princess throne that she broke the arms and legs off of...

The only thing that kept me from being too upset was that a week or 2 before Christmas, Amazon & Walmart.com had put everything on sale for CHEAP, so I was able to return the expensive set that I bought on BF, so instead of destroying something I had spent about $200on, it only cost us about $50.

I can so relate to this. My boys are 14 & 16 now, but I VIVIDLY remember how excited I was to see how excited they'd be with the toys and stuff I spent countless hours considering, reviewing, shopping for, hiding, wrapping, assembling, etc. every year--only to be disappointed (and sometimes even in tears) by Christmas afternoon when so much of what I envisioned didn't come to pass.

You'd think I'd learn my lesson, but I never did. And the funny thing is, although the memories of those crazy Christmas days will stay with me forever, the boys don't remember a bit of it!

500GB Seagate at Walmart. Seagates are junk! It stopped working after 6 months and it was filled with my movies and music. I have to send it back and get a new one and it probably wont have my stuff on it if they can't get it off. I also regret the $179 Acer laptop I bought at MicroCenter 3 years ago. The place that you plug in the power cord doesn't work. The battery died. And I replaced the adapter once already too. No more Acer laptops for my family.

I would seriously advise against it. The batter tastes nasty and the accessories break off the unit. Like I said.....it maybe lasted 2 hours in my house. If your neice wants to cook. Go the Easy Bake over route. At least you know they've been around forever.

Cupcake factory is an absolute waste! They taste bad and never turn out as pretty as pictured.

A Kodak Camera (black friday ad) at Target I think in 2007. Did not work well in low light situations. I wanted my own digital camera. We used at an event and could not see any faces in lowlight situation. My husband went out the following week and purchased me a olympus. Lesson learned no more electronics purchases without reseach.:shock: