What did you buy previous Black Friday's that you regret?

abentley

I admit I buy stuff I don't need, but can't pass up! Last year I grabbed some towels at Walmart. Oh they are awful! My DH laughed at me for buying them, I can't seem to wear them out for throw them away. What about you? Any buyers remorse purchases?

I can't remember the last time I bought something that I've regretted.

I go with a specific game plan and lists for each store - rarely do I get something that's NOT on my list. when I do it's because it's an amazing deal and I know that I will either use the item or it will make a great gift. the unplanned extras that I get are normally dvds and stocking stuffers. Last year it was a cpk doll from walmart. The only regret I may have about that is that dd is so attached to it that she loses it if another child touches it or if we forget it at home by accident. that doll goes everywhere with us! :D

I bought a camera from Best Buy and it worked for a few months and then it died. It was a special gift I gave to my little sister (I do volunteer work for Big Brothers and Big Sisters) and I was soooo upset!! Here is a kid that doesn't have much and she looooves photography and taking pictures. I thought this would be something she could really enjoy and the thing breaks after 4 months

Digital picture frames from Walmart.

They were bought online (during the wee hours of the morning) and no brand name was listed on the site. They were such a great deal that I bought blindly. The came packaged in plain white boxes, no name or model number on the box or item. One worked OK, but had a loop of wire hanging out of the housing and sounded like there was a loose screw rattling around inside. The other looked OK, but had several pixels that were always red - everybody had pimples! I was able to return them without a problem, but BF prices had passed and I had to spend more than I otherwise would have to replace them.

I have learned my lesson, especially for Blitz items, especially at Wal-Mart. Check reviews on electronics whenever possible. Make sure the model you are buying is not a stripped-down blitz-version model that looks just like the one you really want. Open packages and feel the cloth. Inspect all items for quality, preferably before you leave the store but definatly before you wrap them. Keep those receipts handy! I have passed up quite a few things (towels, kids' PJs, shoes, jackets) in the past couple years that looked great in the ad but were terrible quality. It is too easy to grab them in the store during the BF rush and not notice how junkie they are...

Edited by fluffkin79

I always go waaaaaaay overboard on DVDs every year. I usually plan on buying like 10 or so, but end up with like 25 or 30!! Of course most of these end up getting returned later or sold. Its hard to pass them up when you see tons of them right in front of you. Well maybe it's just me.

The one item that I regret buying on BF was a $10 deep fryer from Walgreens. To this day, it still sits in my cabinet wrapped in plastic. I thought it was a great deal, but all it is doing is taking up valuable space.

The Punky Brewster dvd. I thought it was the whole shebang but it was only the first 5 shows. It was a waste of money. My daughter watched that when she was 5 and loved the show so I wanted to get it for her. I had to turn around and go back and order the complete set, which cost more but it was what I had wanted to begin with.

I still have the first dvd. Don't really know what to do with it.

Me too I got the microwave last year and it didn't even last 6 months :(

If you still have it check the fuse. 9 times out of 10 that is usually what is wrong with them. People throw out micro's all the time and buy new ones because a $3 (for a pack of 4, so about 75 cents each) part broke. You can pick them up at Radio Shack. My dad picks them up off curbs and turns around and sells them for $20. It takes like 10 mins to fix also.

I don't regret the purchase just went overboard with some blank dvd's on sale at circuit city online w/free shipping. Needless to say won't need any of those for at least another year and thats including giving a pair of spindles to my brother.

I did buy a bluetooth car speaker thing that has not been used as of yet, but I got that as a steal.

The only one I can think of would be the Symphonic VHS\DVD unit my mom bought at Wal-Mart back in 2003. The first one was dead out of the box, and the 2nd lasted a few months before finally giving out. The more expensive Emerson model we exchanged it for still works to this day.

I don't necessarily regret buying my Garmin Nuvi 200W last year BF but I'm sorely disappointed :(

I guess my expectations were too high.I'm severely "directionally challenged" and can get lost with having two separate routes from MapQuest so I thought a GPS was my salvation!

I don't know if it's the brand,version or what,but my GPS is NOT infallible. I really wanted to be able to plug it in,set my destination and then never worry about getting lost or being mislead but that is not the case.

Sometimes it takes a long time to pick up a satellite or just plain completely messes up.

Maybe I should have gotten a more expensive version but I don't need or want a lot of bells and whistles.

Maybe it's just me though.:confused:

nothing really i dont think i usally just buy toys mostly and all of them seem pretty good! I did get that HUGE firetruck that squirts real water and all that last year at TRU and it sucks it was the last one and i even got out of line to go get it I ended up fighting another ladie for it and the box was all messed up lol BUT... my son(whos 2) LOVED IT!!! He actually found where we were hiding the gifts(already wrapped) a few days before x-mas and accidently opened it all he said for 2 days was "IRE TUCK" LOL thats how he said it! It was so funny! The thing dosent go really well on carpet and the remote for it was attached???stupid but a really cool toy as far as the whole concept goes but it needed some improvements!