UXGA/WUXGA Flat Panel Display

Am in search of a UXGA/WUXGA (1600x1200/1920x1200, respectively) flat panel display. DVI input should be standard, and would be desired. Additional USB connectivity, speakers, etc are extraneous and unnecessary, but will consider models with such extra features. From prior research, appears this level of resolution only occurs on 20" models or larger, but certainly would consider other sizes (17", 19", etc). In fact, smaller sizes preferred. Also preferable to be on an adjustable stand, or mountable.

Thank you in advance for any assistance that might be provided.

Thank you for your response, and for the welcome.

Budget would be under $1,500 to $2,000. Believe Dell Home offers no tax in NY, as well as free standard shipping. Perhaps you had the 2001FP in mind? That particular model is certainly at the top of my list at the moment, as it is well reviewed, and obviously touts a high cost-benefit ratio (under $900, even less with readily available discounts).

Am actually hoping to find a smaller display (strange, I know) that closer matches the dimensions of the 16" UXGA notebook display currently made use of, as am attempting to employ a dual LCD environment in a remote office.

Tim,

You are right about that resolution only being on 20"+ models. I have a 17" with the 1280x1024 resolution and considered upgrading to a 19" until I realized they all had the same resolution.

You have several options. One of the best options is always the almightly Dell 2001FP, but as you mentioned there aren't really any great deals on it going on at the moment. You could probably get it for around $869 after coupon, but nowhere near as good as the $749 it was a month or two ago. Some other options:

Viewsonic VP201 @ eCost ($895) or $874 through TigerDirect

Sony SDM-S204 @ Amazon

Refurb 23" HP Model @ Overstock (bring price down with coupons)

You might find some better deals browsing through Pricegrabber as well.

Hopefully someone else can find something. Like I said, I am looking to upgrade myself, and there is really nothing out there that I would even consider getting right now (I'm still kicking myself for passing on the $749 Dell 20" deal) :rant: