GMail Invite

Brad

In case anyone still needs a GMail invite, I have one to give away.

So to make it interesting, starting right now, the first person to post at least 3 legitimate hot deals in either the Online or Offline Hot Deal boards on this forum and then reply to this thread letting us know gets the invite. Previous deals posted do not count. Simple as that. Good luck!

:sombrero::guitarist:fishing:

• 1 month later...

I posted my willingness to hand out some GMail invites over on ATOT, but I haven't gotten enough requests to be rid of all of them! :)

I have two left... PM here with your name, email address, and a quote from an Adam Sandler movie and it's yours.

...plus, I'll edit my post over on ATOT to show them a GottaDeal member got it first. :D

Guest beatmix01
i use my gmail becuase i forget to close outlook at my house when i leave in the morning... so all my personal email is waiting for me when i get home as apposed to be delivered at work... i presume i could tick the box leave a copy on server... but i dont feel like clicking that!

I use gmail as a backup for all my "real" e-mail accounts from all my domains. Just have copies of all messages forwarded to a gmail account and you have instant backup copies. Works great if you need to retrieve an old e-mail when you don't have access to your regular account.

Guest beatmix01

I use gmail as a backup for all my "real" e-mail accounts from all my domains. Just have copies of all messages forwarded to a gmail account and you have instant backup copies. Works great if you need to retrieve an old e-mail when you don't have access to your regular account.

Not a bad idea at all!

oh and I have 6 gmail account to give out.

I use Outlook Express. Configuring the BCC to be my gmail account is a pretty good idea. Will GMail still sort the messages accordingly?

Unless there are mail rules/filter you can specify you'd have to move the incoming BCC messages manually to your outgoing folder. Still an excellent idea though.

I wonder if you can configure your e-mail client to automatically insert your GMAIL address in the BCC field for ALL outgoing e-mail?

Unless there are mail rules/filter you can specify you'd have to move the incoming BCC messages manually to your outgoing folder. Still an excellent idea though.

- Can you explain this a little bit more? Still not quite sure how I would set it up.

I can have someone write a hack for adding the gmail address to the BCC tab automatically if you think it would be used.

In GMail, you could have it filter all messages with the From: address being the account you send mail from. You can have them flagged, labeled and archived (but not moved to the Sent Mail folder). So they would be distinguishable from the other messages via a label so you could do a search within GMail for all messages labeled "sent by me" or whatever you name the label.

Guest beatmix01

I tried doing this in plesk 7, however all i can do is have a complete redirect of the account to another email address. Any idea's?

I don't know about Plesk. I know in cPanel that you can create a forwarder from addressA@domain to any other address. If addressA exists as a regular mail account, a copy will be forwarded (and addressA will still get the message). But if addressA doesn't exist as a regular account, the mail will be forwarded and no original will be delivered to the default catch-all address (if a catch-all is specified).

Guest beatmix01

I don't know about Plesk. I know in cPanel that you can create a forwarder from addressA@domain to any other address. If addressA exists as a regular mail account, a copy will be forwarded (and addressA will still get the message). But if addressA doesn't exist as a regular account, the mail will be forwarded and no original will be delivered to the default catch-all address (if a catch-all is specified).

yes, it was simple to do under cpanel. Plesk is pain in my arse.

Guest beatmix01

I am using the latest version... plesk 7

Yes, its very easy to navigate around, however I dont feel like there is enough control over things.

Does DirectAdmin work the same way?

Nope. In DA you can't create a forwarder for a username that already has an account set up for it. So you can have mail to a certain username go to an existing account or be forwarded somewhere else, but not both :(

If anyone knows a way around it, please let me know.

Nope. In DA you can't create a forwarder for a username that already has an account set up for it. So you can have mail to a certain username go to an existing account or be forwarded somewhere else, but not both :(

If anyone knows a way around it, please let me know.

Site-Helper.com is the DA help site, might have a solution there?