I cannot believe the stupidity of Walmart!!!!

So let me get this straight. You shop at a store that has lower prices than most stores AND they pay their employees minimum wage. And you expect their customer service to be any better than just average? If you want to shop at a store where the employees kiss your booty, consider shopping somewhere where the prices are a little higher and the employees get paid more than $7 an hour.

So let me get this straight, you read my comment and decided that I want employees to kiss my booty? I'm sorry, where did I say that? I said that they have sub-par customer service--not average customer service.

So let me get this straight, you read my comment and decided that I want employees to kiss my booty? I'm sorry, where did I say that? I said that they have sub-par customer service--not average customer service.

subpar-Not measuring up to traditional standards of performance, value, or production.

Compared to other stores, Walmart has the lowest prices on most items. They also pay their workers minimum wage. Expecting these workers and Walmart itself to care about being more than "subpar" when it comes to their customer service, is ridiculous. Expecting Walmart workers to do anything more than subpar IS wanting them to kiss your booty.

I don't understand why people complain about Walmart and continue to shop there. Do you expect them to change their ways? Do you REALLY think they give a crap if you decide to shop elsewhere? I don't know about where you live but where I live, there are different grocery stores that have slightly higher prices in exchange for good customer service. If you want to be treated better than how Walmart treats you, shop elsewhere. I shop at Walmart about once every two weeks. I've never had a problem with an employee treating me badly (mainly because I'm not as needy as some other customers can be), I've never had a problem with an employee taking my coupons, and I've never had a problem returning something (because I keep my darn receipts!). And if I DO have a problem with an employee treating me badly, I know not to deal with that employee in the future. It's as simple as that. The problem with customers who think certain stores have bad customer service is that they expect too much, they probably have an entitled sort of attitude, or they just like complaining about any and everything that goes wrong when they're shopping. When I'm shopping, all I care about is getting my goods at good prices. I don't expect more than a "hello, how are you?" and a "have a nice day!" from cashiers. Anything more than that, is obviously a positive. Anything less, I'll know not to deal with that employee in the future. And if it's a really bad experience, I won't shop there anymore.

subpar-Not measuring up to traditional standards of performance, value, or production.

Compared to other stores, Walmart has the lowest prices on most items. They also pay their workers minimum wage. Expecting these workers and Walmart itself to care about being more than "subpar" when it comes to their customer service, is ridiculous. Expecting Walmart workers to do anything more than subpar IS wanting them to kiss your booty.

I don't understand why people complain about Walmart and continue to shop there. Do you expect them to change their ways? Do you REALLY think they give a crap if you decide to shop elsewhere? I don't know about where you live but where I live, there are different grocery stores that have slightly higher prices in exchange for good customer service. If you want to be treated better than how Walmart treats you, shop elsewhere. I shop at Walmart about once every two weeks. I've never had a problem with an employee treating me badly (mainly because I'm not as needy as some other customers can be), I've never had a problem with an employee taking my coupons, and I've never had a problem returning something (because I keep my darn receipts!). And if I DO have a problem with an employee treating me badly, I know not to deal with that employee in the future. It's as simple as that. The problem with customers who think certain stores have bad customer service is that they expect too much, they probably have an entitled sort of attitude, or they just like complaining about any and everything that goes wrong when they're shopping. When I'm shopping, all I care about is getting my goods at good prices. I don't expect more than a "hello, how are you?" and a "have a nice day!" from cashiers. Anything more than that, is obviously a positive. Anything less, I'll know not to deal with that employee in the future. And if it's a really bad experience, I won't shop there anymore.

I am a walmart complainer... and I do continue to shop there... why? Because it's the only place less than 1 hour of my home in which to pick up lightbulbs, the bday gift for a last minute party invite, etc. I absolutely hate just walking in the doors at our walmart. But 3 min vs over 60 min drive and yes, I am going to go in there. They are rude at our walmart, they give huge probs with coupons, prices are mismarked and take forever to get them to fix it, etc. It's horrible. It's not subpar customer service... as customer service is totally non-existent. Especially from management. There are a few good workers and cashiers. Yes I go to their lines, etc when I do go in there.

Of course, I utilize coupons and sale ads at our Kroger store and also shop at Aldi in an attempt to spend as little money and time in our Walmart as possible. If my coupons (doubled 50cents and under) at Kroger make an item the same or cheaper than Walmart I will buy it at Kroger. Simply I don't want to give that walmart my $$. Now I have been in wonderful Walmarts too. I fully believe it's not the workers' paychecks that effect how we are treated.. I believe it's how the management teaches them to treat us and what management expects of the workers as well.

I had to go to walmart for something Kroger doesn't carry yesterday morning. The nicest door greeter ever was saving a few completely dry carts for people with both a baby and toddler that wanted the todder to sit in the back of the cart and brought it to me from her "hiding" spot. I was VERY impressed and as soon as I loaded my groceries into my van, I sent my oldest back into the store with the dry cart for someone else..... because when I am treated well, I will help them out too....

So many of us who are the complainers can't afford to drive or pay the higher prices and therefore we do feel forced to shop there when there is no other alternative close..... and I worked customer service for minimum wage in the past and never let my paycheck effect my treatment of my customers. In fact, at one point I even worked at our local walmart as a 2nd job.... and that lasted 2 months because as a worker I was treated even worse by management than what the workers treated me when I was "just" a customer....

As someone who ran my own business and hired and fired more people than I care to remember, I hate to be the one to inform those that think that wages are somehow tied to better service that they are incredibly naive.

In all my years of experience, my firsthand account is that it's just not so.

There are ways to improve customer service, increasing pay isn't one of them.

As someone who ran my own business and hired and fired more people than I care to remember, I hate to be the one to inform those that think that wages are somehow tied to better service that they are incredibly naive.

wow.. you said that a lot better than I did with a lot less typing... :tongue1:

And as someone who works in retail, I can tell you that plenty of my coworkers who are getting paid a little more than minimum wage have an "I don't care" attitude because of their wages. Where I work, we get two evaluations per year. On my last evaluation, my raise was poor because my manager will not give out more than 25 cents due to the economy. So that means that even as a really good worker, I can't expect more than 25 cents. Compare that to my previous evaluations where I got at least double that everytime. You better believe that after that evaluation, I stopped working harder than most of my coworkers. If I'm getting paid the same amount as my coworkers who are too lazy to lift a finger, there's not going be anymore of this above average work that I used to do. Sorry. And this includes how I deal with customers. Don't get me wrong, I'm friendly with everyone. I just don't do more for the customers like I used to.

I used to work at Target. My managers treated me and my coworkers horribly. A lot of us quit. Others did a crappy job when it came to their work. If the managers don't take care of their employees, a lot of the employees are going to care less about the quality of work they do.

And as someone who works in retail, I can tell you that plenty of my coworkers who are getting paid a little more than minimum wage have an "I don't care" attitude because of their wages. Where I work, we get two evaluations per year. On my last evaluation, my raise was poor because my manager will not give out more than 25 cents due to the economy. So that means that even as a really good worker, I can't expect more than 25 cents. Compare that to my previous evaluations where I got at least double that everytime. You better believe that after that evaluation, I stopped working harder than most of my coworkers. If I'm getting paid the same amount as my coworkers who are too lazy to lift a finger, there's not going be anymore of this above average work that I used to do. Sorry. And this includes how I deal with customers. Don't get me wrong, I'm friendly with everyone. I just don't do more for the customers like I used to.

I used to work at Target. My managers treated me and my coworkers horribly. A lot of us quit. Others did a crappy job when it came to their work. If the managers don't take care of their employees, a lot of the employees are going to care less about the quality of work they do.

It seemed what you are describing is displeasure with your work experience and one is able to substantiate the displeasure by noting how little raises may be.

If one is treated well, money is lower on the totem pole. By paying them more, if still treated poorly, one will still, inevitably, do a lower quality job.

Okay, so I went to Walmart Sunday and was told I could no longer use coupons that had to be sent to El Paso, TX for reimbursement, since they are not getting paid. A LOT of coupons have to be sent to El Paso. So I called the manager (who didn't know anything about it and had to ask someone), and he stated that internet coupons could no longer be accepted because of fraudulent use. I do print internet coupons (usually right from the manufactures site) but these where newspaper coupons. He said they are still taking newspaper coupons just not internet coupons that have to be sent to El Paso. Just a heads up.

Many years ago I worked retail. (yes, for mininum wage) I worked for "Roses" I loved, loved, loved my job... I worked for great managers that firmly believed "the customer was ALWAYS right, even when they were wrong." The managers treated all the employees like family, but any disrespect... toward customers, or co workers was dealt with quickly and harshly at times.

Our store was always at the top in sales for our region. I think a lot of the service problems we see in stores now has a lot moreto do with the leadership than the paychecks people are bringing home.

Many years ago I worked retail. (yes, for mininum wage) I worked for "Roses" I loved, loved, loved my job... I worked for great managers that firmly believed "the customer was ALWAYS right, even when they were wrong." The managers treated all the employees like family, but any disrespect... toward customers, or co workers was dealt with quickly and harshly at times.

Our store was always at the top in sales for our region. I think a lot of the service problems we see in stores now has a lot moreto do with the leadership than the paychecks people are bringing home.

That's exactly how it should be handled.

You lead by example and you have zero tolerance for bad behavior.

Beyond their customer service, here is what bothers me about Walmart:

The Walmart nearest me is so yucky. I mean, ghetto yucky. I hate going there. It just makes me have a bad feeling. There are a few in our town, and most here in the "city" are not that great.

Then I have to make a quick trip into the "new" Walmart they built in a small mountain community 15 miles or so from here. It is sooooo nice. The outside is pretty, the inside is pretty, and they have all kinds of cool stuff like motion sensor lights in the coolers to save energy.

So why cant they upgrade the Walmarts that people have shopped at faithfully for years? I hate mine, and do everything I possibly can to not shop there, including shopping at Target where things are probably a bit more expensive.

I dont understand those that are "sticking up" for the mentality of, "we dont get paid enough to give good customer service". In my opinion,when you accepted the job with the company, you made an agreement to do your job, you accepted the wages they were offering at the time, and agreed to do the job described to the best of your abilities. You watch videos about giving good customer service, take questionaires about what you would do "if" etc, etc, etc. so, you do know right away what is expected of you, at that time. I am sure even a store like walmart gives some training in these areas...Nobody held a gun to anybodys head forcing them to stay at a bad job where they were treated badly. Obviously i do know that not all employers are created equal, bosses can be incompetant, guidelines fuzzy-but dont we all go back to "treat others as we would want to be treated"? I will never agree with passing along bad attitudes and unprofessional manners to the customer, no matter what!

I dont understand those that are "sticking up" for the mentality of, "we dont get paid enough to give good customer service". In my opinion,when you accepted the job with the company, you made an agreement to do your job, you accepted the wages they were offering at the time, and agreed to do the job described to the best of your abilities. You watch videos about giving good customer service, take questionaires about what you would do "if" etc, etc, etc. so, you do know right away what is expected of you, at that time. I am sure even a store like walmart gives some training in these areas...Nobody held a gun to anybodys head forcing them to stay at a bad job where they were treated badly. Obviously i do know that not all employers are created equal, bosses can be incompetant, guidelines fuzzy-but dont we all go back to "treat others as we would want to be treated"? I will never agree with passing along bad attitudes and unprofessional manners to the customer, no matter what!

I don't think it will ever go back to that... although to be fair, when I worked retail I took a lot of abuse from customers(especially around Christmas) - did I mention I was a layaway manager? lol. That said I'm glad that I did work retail - because I think it makes me a lot more tolerant in stores now.

I do see a huge difference in the way retail is done now. It amazes me how disrespectful these workers are, and the excuse that they are working for mininum wage doesn't fly with me... because I worked for mininum wage, and I behaved in a totally different manner.

I can't tell you how many times I've been in Walmart, seen a customer complain to a associate, then have a manager called... and more often than not the manager will side with the customer, and after the customer walks off the manager will come back and make a comment about the customer to the associate, basically belittling the customer. That to me encourages the bad attitudes you see in the floor associates today. Why should they treat the customers with respect if their supervisors are disrespecting the customers? jmo

I also hate to go to Walmart, but in my opinion if a customer service person is rude, they are a rude person all the time. Nice people try to be nice all the time, not needing to get paid for it. As for coupons, I printed some free foil and velveeta coupons off the itnernt and used them at the nearest Walmart, but the other one farther way said they can't take internet coupons with no expirations dates because they won't get paid for them. They even called a manager, No problem I'll go back to the other Walmart. In m y area, most everyone makes minimum wage and they are as nice as can be, if they are nice people. They ruude ones are not nice people.

OK I have some friends that work at walmart . I called them after a bad experience. I bought my daughter some sneakers just for playground at school last week . They were a only 10.00. They fell apart in one day . My fault for going cheap but they were only meant for the last 2 weeks of school. I took them back and they were nasty becasue I forgot the receipt. I finally called the 1-800 number from my cell and they called the manager and told him he had to return them and give me a walmart record. I just laughed walmart record WTH who cares.

MY friends tell me they hired a bunch of really young manager s to take over stores as so many returns were not even from walmart. They tell me the one I went to has a nasty nasty 21 year old in charge. In fact they have had 7 people go to corporate about him.

My feeling is no more walmart for my house . I was treated as if I was stealing and I do not put up with bad customer service. when cares if I go to target and spend 10.00 more at least I am not supporting that nonsense

I had this issue with Guitar Hero at Christmas time...don't price match our web site...instead order it and have it shipped to store...I go there only if I have to, would rather spend my $$ else where.

I had the issue over a digital camera....saw it only for $179 and went to the store to purchase it and the same camera was $194 (or $199)?!?!? When I asked about it, was also told that the store and website prices are necessarily the same.

WalMArt here pays you by your experience. They start at a base rate, which is $1.75 above minumum, and then you get points for certain things, like have you held a job for over 2 years? Every point gets you an extra .25 in your wage. They are paid above average cashiers in my area.

Just wanted to say.... I have worked both minimum wage and very high paying jobs in my life. I worked just as hard and diligently for both rates of pay. Why? Because I was hired to do the best job I could do, so I did.

The employees that work at Walmart that are not busting butt there wouldn't be busting butt anywhere else either. They lack the work ethic.

Just wanted to say.... I have worked both minimum wage and very high paying jobs in my life. I worked just as hard and diligently for both rates of pay. Why? Because I was hired to do the best job I could do, so I did.

The employees that work at Walmart that are not busting butt there wouldn't be busting butt anywhere else either. They lack the work ethic.

Well said.