I cannot believe the stupidity of Walmart!!!!

I don't understand How you could make the return. The receipt would not have matched the shoes you brought back because you bought a different size and the upc would not have matched what was on the receipt. ???????

The barcode is exactly the same. The size is irrelevant. It doesn't ring up as girls size 10 barbie shoes.. Its just Barbie shoes. Besides, they don't scan the receipt and the shoes. They scan the shoes and use the receipt only for verification of the description.

Bottom line... I paid cash at the register for the new shoes... walked right over to returns and got cash back for the small ones!!!!!!!

The barcode is exactly the same. The size is irrelevant. It doesn't ring up as girls size 10 barbie shoes.. Its just Barbie shoes. Besides, they don't scan the receipt and the shoes. They scan the shoes and use the receipt only for verification of the description.

Bottom line... I paid cash at the register for the new shoes... walked right over to returns and got cash back for the small ones!!!!!!!

Do you think that would work with Leapster games? I lost my receipt and want a different game now.

Do you think that would work with Leapster games? I lost my receipt and want a different game now.

I don't think so. Every Walmart I've ever done a return at has matched the UPC on the product to the UPC on the receipt.

Can't you just return the game without a receipt?

I doubt it will work if you are exchanging for a different game. In my case it was the exact same shoes just 1 size bigger. Same barcode.. Different games will have different UPC's.

The best thing you can do to make Walmart sit up and listen to you is NOT shop there. The more people who get fed up and don't shop there the faster the change will happen. I understand that may mean you pay a few dollars more for items but what is your time and energy worth.

The best thing you can do to make Walmart sit up and listen to you is NOT shop there. The more people who get fed up and don't shop there the faster the change will happen. I understand that may mean you pay a few dollars more for items but what is your time and energy worth.

unfortunately with the economy the way it is that's not exactly an option for a lot of people

• 4 weeks later...
Part of it is the stupidity that is Walmart. When Twilight came out, they ran sale ads that the 2-disc was selling for $17.98. I go to the store, it was selling for $25. I email Walmart and they told me that the stores can charge whatever they want, and that they do not price match their own website!!

We made walmart really mad when Twilight came out. We went to our local Hastings (movie, book and music store) to get twilight but they ran out so I took the ad to walmart since Hastings had the 2-disc set for 19.99. The lady in electronics was really mean about doing the price match and called 5 different people over before she would do it. While we were waiting for all of this, everyone who had been in line at Hastings showed up. The lady behind us asked if she could do the price match as well and they checker told her no in a very snotty way since she didn't have the ad in hand. I turned around and handed it to her and told her to pass it down the line when she was done. Everyone in line was cheering. I just get so mad when they act like your trying to steal something from them when you PM, use a coupon or try and return anything! If you don't want to do those things then you should work for a company that doesn't have those policies. I understand that some people take advantage of the system but does that make it right to treat me like a thief. I just needed to vent. Walmart has done so many crappy things to me! I also have the corporate number in my cell phone as well as the store phone number. I have used in many times, especially over coupons! They didn't want to take a coupon for free salad mix that I got from House Party since it was a "free" coupon and didn't have the amount off printed on it. I was only using one and they acted like I was trying to wipe the store clean! Last I knew, the stores got reimbursed by the manufacturer for the value of coupons. Ok, rant done, thanks for reading!

Part of it is the stupidity that is Walmart. and that they do not price match their own website!!

I had this issue with Guitar Hero at Christmas time...don't price match our web site...instead order it and have it shipped to store...I go there only if I have to, would rather spend my $$ else where.

I saw a commerical for walmart the other day and it states in the fine print that they WILL PRICE MATCH any competitors prints ad. I was curious though if your local store has a product B1G1 free if you bring that ad in will you get it B1G1 free there too?

They just bet on the fact that most of us are not going to fight over prices and policies when there are 12 people standing in line behind us watching in angst. I know so few people who will actually try to price match-because its a hassle, and i would rather drive to the other store in the first place.

Walmart made me very mad this weekend. I had a coupon for $10 the purchase of $50 worth of Gerber apparel/bedding and a $1 off gerber onesies. So I went and found $50 worth of stuff that I will need for the baby and for gifts and went ot the checkout. There were very little checkouts open on a Saturday. (I still have not figured out why they have like 40 checkout counters and only 5 open on a Saturday) The guy couldn't get the coupon to scan and said I did not have the correct items needed for the coupon. I got so mad and said can you not see the $50 worth of items that are ALL gerber products! The guy was apparently new and did not have anyone helping him either. It took 20 minutes before he got customer service over there. I was mad, there was someone behind me who was clearly mad. CS scanned the two coupons for me then he could not get my two giftcards to go through and I said just cancel the giftcard and I'll just pay with my debit card. He could not do that either so I had to wait again for someoen to come over and was able to use my giftcards. I'm so mad and flustered I leave without looking at my receipt. THen when I get home I noticed he charged me twice for one of the items so I essentially wasted half of the coupon b/c I paid $6.50 for an item I did not receive.....Ugh....

I saw a commerical for walmart the other day and it states in the fine print that they WILL PRICE MATCH any competitors prints ad. I was curious though if your local store has a product B1G1 free if you bring that ad in will you get it B1G1 free there too?

Ours won't... they won't match B1G1 or % off ads

Walmart made me very mad this weekend. I had a coupon for $10 the purchase of $50 worth of Gerber apparel/bedding and a $1 off gerber onesies. So I went and found $50 worth of stuff that I will need for the baby and for gifts and went ot the checkout. There were very little checkouts open on a Saturday. (I still have not figured out why they have like 40 checkout counters and only 5 open on a Saturday) The guy couldn't get the coupon to scan and said I did not have the correct items needed for the coupon. I got so mad and said can you not see the $50 worth of items that are ALL gerber products! The guy was apparently new and did not have anyone helping him either. It took 20 minutes before he got customer service over there. I was mad, there was someone behind me who was clearly mad. CS scanned the two coupons for me then he could not get my two giftcards to go through and I said just cancel the giftcard and I'll just pay with my debit card. He could not do that either so I had to wait again for someoen to come over and was able to use my giftcards. I'm so mad and flustered I leave without looking at my receipt. THen when I get home I noticed he charged me twice for one of the items so I essentially wasted half of the coupon b/c I paid $6.50 for an item I did not receive.....Ugh....

Take the receipt back, they can check if you bought two or not.

That's terrible. I'd be going back to get my mom back on the item I was charged twice on. I don't care how crazy people look at me when I am at check out. If something rings up wrong or a coupon doesn't scan then everyone is gonna have to wait until we get it squared away. Like you said they should have more registers open anyway. I am not a walmart fan and go there as little as possible.

I had an issue with Walmart, on Monday after work I had to stop there to pick up several things. By the time I was done, it was getting late so I decided to go over to the Deli and get their 8 piece roasted chicken to take home for supper. Well, one of the store managers was standing at the Deli counter reprimanding the clerk behind the counter when I walked up. So I proceeded to look at the chicken to see which one I wanted. The manager said to me very rudely "They were all made at the same time, their ALL the SAME!" :eek:I almost told her to take my cart with over $75 worth of stuff in it and stuff it, but I didn't. As I drove home, the more I thought about it, the madder I got. I mean, the last time I checked, I was the customer and I have the right to look at and pick which food I'm going to spend my money on! So I called corporate. They referred it to the Market manager. Well, on Tuesday I got a call from a different manager at the store because the Market manager is out of town and she basically told me she spoke with that manager and she said she was just trying to be helpful. Yeah, right! I have soooo had it with that store!! Problem is, it's the only place in town to buy a lot of stuff. But I'm seriously considering driving the hour to Target once a week just so I don't have to give Walmart anymore of my money!!!:mad:

Walmart is such a JOKE!

I stated my dislike for specific stores/employees in the past but it greatly depends on the store and staff of the one you go to. Around here, there's 3 stores but I drive further out of my way to only go to the bigger supercenter which has more friendly and helpful staff.

Funny thing is, the staff at Sam's next door is 100 times more helpful/customer oriented than even my friendly Walmart!! Thus why I shop at Sams whenever I can compare that trip to a similar one at walmart

Ours won't... they won't match B1G1 or % off ads

WalMarts price-match policy.

'Store managers make the final decision in always taking care of our customers, but we do have guidelines for matching our competition.

* We do honor "Preferred Shopping Card" advertised prices. Must be like items, be advertised and require a competitor's shopping card, for the discount to apply.

* We do not honor advertisements that require a purchase in order to receive the advertised price or free product.

* We do not honor "Buy One / Get One Free" advertisements.

* We do not honor double or triple coupons or percent off advertisements.

* We do not honor other retailers' "Misprinted" advertised prices.

* We do not honor Internet Pricing.

* We do not honor competitor advertisements from outside of the store's or Club's local trade territory.'

I can see misprints and possibly internet pricing. But there are so many stipulations to the policy, it is just easier to get it elsewhere (for me anyways).

I stated my dislike for specific stores/employees in the past but it greatly depends on the store and staff of the one you go to. Around here, there's 3 stores but I drive further out of my way to only go to the bigger supercenter which has more friendly and helpful staff.

Funny thing is, the staff at Sam's next door is 100 times more helpful/customer oriented than even my friendly Walmart!! Thus why I shop at Sams whenever I can compare that trip to a similar one at walmart

I don't get all the Wal Mart haters. I have lived 5 minutes from the SC in Shrewsbury, PA for 7 years & it's the best. Friendly staff & managers, I have never had a problem. All the WM SC's in York County, PA are the same whenever I go in them. Also the SC in Hunt Valley. MD is great.

I agree Sam's is the best, but the nearest to me is 25 minutes away. Disclaimer, my Dad just retired from there after 23 years.

I don't understand why my Walmarts won't take coupons printed off the internet when it says right on there webpage that they accept them. I have even been given a hard time about coupons clipped from the Sunday paper. Because of this they have lost most of my business and I think they would be better off just changing there policy to read something like with our low prices we no longer accept any coupons. I also was getting to many things ringing up a few pennies more than the shelf label was reading. It was never enough to stand in line in customer service to get this corrected but a few pennies per customer a day will amount to a nice chunk of money for Walmarts in the end.

Local Walmart stores seem to change their policies from week to week. One week- they will require that you show them the actual ad with the dates. The next week - they only will want to see the ad if its more than 50% off. Also, one store will allow buy BOGO if the actual price of the item is listed- the other store wont. These are 2 stores in Ohio that are 25 miles apart- Fremont and Sandusky. Of the 2- Fremont has higher prices and the worse customer service in regards to price matching, coupons etc. I wrote to corporate and now carry a letter from them in regards to the price matching, ads, etc.

WalMarts price-match policy.

'Store managers make the final decision in always taking care of our customers, but we do have guidelines for matching our competition.

* We do honor "Preferred Shopping Card" advertised prices. Must be like items, be advertised and require a competitor's shopping card, for the discount to apply.

* We do not honor advertisements that require a purchase in order to receive the advertised price or free product.

* We do not honor "Buy One / Get One Free" advertisements.

* We do not honor double or triple coupons or percent off advertisements.

* We do not honor other retailers' "Misprinted" advertised prices.

* We do not honor Internet Pricing.

* We do not honor competitor advertisements from outside of the store's or Club's local trade territory.'

I can see misprints and possibly internet pricing. But there are so many stipulations to the policy, it is just easier to get it elsewhere (for me anyways).

The price matching policy is very similar to price matching policies elsewhere. They don't honor BOGO because there is no way to tell what the regular price was if the ad just says bogo and lists no price. Let's say Kroger has Coke BOGO for $4.99 but WM has it for $2.50. Should WM do BOGO? At what price? I don't know of any brick and mortar stores that price match online prices.

What I did not know until recently is that WM will price match their store brand for a competitors store brand. So if Kroger brand cereal is on sale you can get the WM equivalent for the same price.

I agree with JeffPerk why all the Wal-Mart haters? It certainly seems the 'in' thing to do. They must be doing something right however!

I don't get all the Wal Mart haters. I have lived 5 minutes from the SC in Shrewsbury, PA for 7 years & it's the best. Friendly staff & managers, I have never had a problem. All the WM SC's in York County, PA are the same whenever I go in them. Also the SC in Hunt Valley. MD is great.

I agree Sam's is the best, but the nearest to me is 25 minutes away. Disclaimer, my Dad just retired from there after 23 years.

Consider yourself to be very lucky to have friendly and helpful WM employees. Unfortunately, you seem to be the exception! I have been in many WalMart stores, and the sub-par grumpy service seems to be the same wherever I go.

Consider yourself to be very lucky to have friendly and helpful WM employees. Unfortunately, you seem to be the exception! I have been in many WalMart stores, and the sub-par grumpy service seems to be the same wherever I go.

So let me get this straight. You shop at a store that has lower prices than most stores AND they pay their employees minimum wage. And you expect their customer service to be any better than just average? If you want to shop at a store where the employees kiss your booty, consider shopping somewhere where the prices are a little higher and the employees get paid more than $7 an hour.