I cannot believe the stupidity of Walmart!!!!

OK, so I picked up a few things on black friday that I didn't need (shocker right?)...so I went to return them tonight. I ordered them online, and picked them up site-to-store and didn't have their packing stuff (left the original boxes etc at the store when i picked up the items). I did however have the order print out from walmart.com showing how much I paid for the items, the order # etc.

They wouldn't take them back!!!! They said there wasn't a barcode to scan and thus couldnt do the return unless they did it without a receipt (which wouldn't work either because it was 4 items and over the $ allowed for that). I was really getting frustrated at the stupidity level going on in front of me and asked for a manager...the managers response? She told me she couldnt do anything and to call walmart.com. OK, so I asked them for the number so I could call right then in the store. They don't KNOW the number they said :eek: So I ask them to call the site to store, they tell me they don't have that number either (umm...its in the back of YOUR store!!). They tell me I can walk back there if I want to talk to them.:mad:

OK, now I was really pissed off. My next call is to walmarts corporate office...speaking of which, does anyone have the number?

Something else screwy a Walmart did on my Walmart.com return....they refunded me $8 shipping cost even though I used site-to-store for free shipping...I came out $8 ahead. I was honest and told them that I never paid shipping and they just told me not to worry about it. I wonder if I should try this again with a bigger item that has a higher shipping cost. LOL!

1-800-WALMART

they did kinda the same thing to me. the manager at the store was very rude and wouldn't budge. after i called that number i promptly received a call from the store and was told to come right in and they would take care of it for me no problem.

When I went to pick up at walmart, they gave me a receipt. I asked her if I needed the packing slips because on the first order she said I did. But after that she wasn't going to just give them to me.

I wonder if they could re-print a receipt. You had to pay for the item on Walmart.com so they should have all the information.

All Customer service is slipping EVERYWHERE. When I worked retail there was NO WAY this sort of "help" would fly. The customer came first and we NEVER let the customer leave without helping them to THEIR satisfaction. Now you go up and people are on the phone, texting, talking to eachother, bitching about their jobs. etc. etc. etc. They aren't trained. They act like they are doing you a favor to check you out or help you. There is NO common sense. Its really sad. Especially right now with the economy the way it is. There are cut backs and so many people looking for jobs. Employers have their PICK of employees. And this is what they are choosing?????:confused:

I did a return to Target yesterday. The manager was walking by and told her when you do a return make sure you open the box. She said oh, I forgot to check the camera from the customer before me. So she goes and grabs the camera box. I said...."NOW"???? That isn't my return. I need to go, then you can deal with the PREVIOUS RETURN.

I worked CS at WM. Everybody that works CS knows Wm's corporate number. I would call them! The home office would call immediately if a customer called and complained. I received many of those home office phone calls. So I would call for sure. That is a bit ridiculous. Good luck!

i agree that CS is horrible everywhere. I have started calling ahead and asking for a MANAGER and explaining what i want to do. Every time I've done this, the manager says come on in. I get the managers name, go to CS and then proceed to do what i want to do. when cs balks, i say the managers name and then miraculously everything gets done the way i want!!!! now, i have called corp to compliment the managers and any other helpful person also. i can't stand it when cs acts like i'm trying to STEAL from THEIR pocketbooks. it's CRAZY

I picked up an electric guitar from walmart on friday that I ordered (a link off GD) and choose free site to store shipping. I printed off my email that says my site-to-store item is ready for pick up and took it in. I signed for the item, on the electronic pad, and the machine printed me out a regular store receipt. It had the item, price, & tax on the receipt, just as a normal receipt would have. I have always gotten a receipt at the store for my items before I take them home. The site-to-store employee just gives it to me and I never ask. I had to return something and I used the receipt and no questions were ever asked.

In your old files etc do you have the old pickup notice? The one they send when the items arrive at the store and are available for pickup? I can't remember but I thought it had the barcode on it?

yes, but i couldn't find it, so i printed out the invoice from online w/the order # , item, price, etc. They said that they could only do it as a return w/out receipt, but that it would be over my allowed returns for the year and i would be put on a "black list" of sorts. That really pissed me off since I was standing there with a record of the sale and payment, and the items with upc #s matching!

Anyways, I did find the receipt with the barcode and went to a different Walmart last night and did return the items...although not without more hassle since I had paid with Paypal online and none of them knew what that was!!! 2 managers had to be called to process the return :eyepoppin In the end they credited the payment to one of my credit cards (refused to pay it back in cash, even though it was from a paypal balance and not through a bank/card/etc)...it was another 30min lost from my life with these people...and this time with the barcoded receipt! ugh...i'm going to be ALOT more careful from now on buying anything from Walmart.

After the same type of experiences (even with Costco) I started putting every receipt for high dollar, Christmas, birthday and other possible returnable purchases in my nightstand. I also use a section of my garage for original packaging.

Costco has twice tried to be butt heads about returns. Once they refused to look up when I had purchased the item (I didn't have the receipt with me). They said that was not their job/duty. A second time they went through every item that was included in the package - and refused to do the return, as I did not have the original users manual that came with the product. I ended up going back home, searching for hours, and finding the manual and getting the return handled. I was very tempted to go, find the item in the store, open it up and take a manual. These were not use*and*return items, these were items that ended up being defective, that I was trying to exchange. And I am an executive member as well, rarely do returns, and spend thousands there with my business.

I HATE Walmart. Unless I absolutely have to I will not shop there.

Not only they gave me hassles at returning one of the things for which I had the recipt and it had been only 19 days since I bought it, the recent experience is even WORST. :mad:

I had placed an order online using site-to-store shipping. I did not pick up the order for some reason and I was sent an email that it will be cancelled on Jan 7th if I dont pick up by then.

Today I get an email that "Thank you picking up the order on Jan 12th". I was like what the h*@#. I did not pick up the order and it should have been cancelled on Jan 7th and I should have been credited.

I called the CS and she said that she will talk to the store and get back to me. I am still waiting for the call.

This is ridiculous!!!! And only the person listed on the email can pickup the order, they check drivers lic. to make sure of that. What is going on??? :mad:

I HATE WALMART!!!!!!!!!

They hire the most incompetent, untrained, MORONS at my local WalMart. With unemployement being so high, they should have their choice of employees, and this is who they hire????? How lazy can they be????

I ordered a DVD "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" to be shipped to store. The date on the pick-up said it had to be by the 12th. So, last night, I called WalMart I talked to the pickup people and said it would be very difficult for me to get there tonight, can I pick this up first thing in the morning. 8:00 A.M. after dropping my kids off at school. She said NO problem. They would hold it for me. I go in this morning, after pushing the screen for help and waiting patiently for over 5 minutes. I start looking for a LIVE person to help me. This lady walks by and says she will get somebody for me. They tell me the lady that works that counter is on lunch. They schedule lunch at 8:00 AM??? They only open for pickup at 8:00AM. The pick-up times are 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM. So why would you schedule a lunch time for when the counter is supposed to open????? So finally I get this girl walk up and says she'll help me. But once again....STUPID!!!! She can't help me at first because she has to log out of another register somewhere so she can't log in. Finally another girl comes over to log in for her. So back to the stupid employee, she has no training. Has NO idea what she is doing. Can't figure it out; calls somebody else over to help her. They say, ok we found it. They walk to the back to get it. I look over at the screen. That isn't what I'm here to pick up!!!!! So they come back out. They say they can't find it. I said because that isn't what I'm picking up. This is!!! And I point to the paper I ALREADY handed her. I told her it was supposed to be picked up, but I spoke to Alisa last night and she said I could pick it up in the morning. Then another 10 minutes goes by and they come back out HOLDING the DVD. But they said the refund has already been issued. I said...ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I said you OBVIOUSLY don't do anything FAST so how is that issue already issued??? I said, fine, can't you just charge me for it??? She said...NO, we have to send this one back to the manufacturer and you have to reorder it. WHAT THE )(^*$????? Are you kidding me????? So now you have to ship it back for them to ship it back to you and me to go through this sh(^* again????

I swear, I can NOT believe, how ONE store can have SO MANY STUPID EMPLOYEES. WHERE IS MANAGEMENT???? And why aren't they doing a better job???? Who hires these people.

All I keep hearing is the economy! How stores are having problems and people aren't spending money. Well maybe that is why Amazon did so well over Christmas. You can sit behind your computer and NOT have to confront the stupidity of people just to shop.

Don't mean to threadjack about Amazon but even if there is a problem, they have the best customer service around. I did almost all my shopping on Amazon this year. Between their good customer service and having Prime, Amazon gets a lot of my business.

I HATE Walmart. Unless I absolutely have to I will not shop there.

Not only they gave me hassles at returning one of the things for which I had the recipt and it had been only 19 days since I bought it, the recent experience is even WORST. :mad:

I had placed an order online using site-to-store shipping. I did not pick up the order for some reason and I was sent an email that it will be cancelled on Jan 7th if I dont pick up by then.

Today I get an email that "Thank you picking up the order on Jan 12th". I was like what the h*@#. I did not pick up the order and it should have been cancelled on Jan 7th and I should have been credited.

I called the CS and she said that she will talk to the store and get back to me. I am still waiting for the call.

This is ridiculous!!!! And only the person listed on the email can pickup the order, they check drivers lic. to make sure of that. What is going on??? :mad:

As a follow up to my previous post, I havent heard from the customer servise rep I spoke to. The whole day has gone by and looks like she hasnt been able to find time to call the store to find out what happened.

I have also sent an email describing my problem. Lets see what tomorrow brings. If I dont get any reply by afternoon I am ready let go of my my control and politeness. :mad:

I went 5 days after an item was suppose to be picked up and it was still there. I doubt they credited you back the money....the rep was probably just too afraid they may have credited you back and didn't want to take the chance.

The worst part....I called last night. It would have been a pain to go pick it up since my husband was out of town for work. And I would have had to rearrange schedules with my two little ones for my older son to be home with them and not have to take them...but I could have done it. But she said it WAS NOT a problem. It would be there. She said they always have things there past the date for pick up.

As far as the rep goes, I don't think she had a clue what she was doing. She was trying. But they don't train their employees. There were lots of nice employees walking by. About 10 people asked me if I was being helped. And all of them said "let me get somebody for you" but there was never any follow through. Nice is great....but FOLLOW through on what you need to do to make sure a customer is taken care of.

I received an email that they need 2 business days to work on my issue. And I never heard from teh rep who I talked to. Nobody cares at Walmart. I agree with debbieshops2003, they say big big things but no follow up. They just say things to get rid of you then.

I have been calling the store, no body is coming on line from their site-to-store department.

A few years ago I got a really good Walmart tip from a Gottadeal-er that I never forgot. I was having trouble with them taking internet coupons, which they do, and she told me to put the corporate phone number in my cell phone so that when they give you trouble you call them and get the situation handled. One time I made the store manager talk to his own company!

• 2 weeks later...

I was told because Walmart.com buys in bulk it not the same as dealing with the stores...

Uh... the walmart stores buy in bulk. They are known for it thus 1)the massive distribution network and 2) WM dictating terms such as package labeling to suppliers.

• 1 month later...
tonight i used a some coupons i won on the "pace" contest running on this site. when i used them the lady at the registar said she never seen them and didnt know how to ring them up so she told a other employee there and she said call the superviser (ast. superviser) when she seen the coupon she made a remark " looks like a fake or forged coupon" ..... now am i out of line of being offended by this when she said this in front of everyone in line and in front of my own mother?.after waiting nearly 15 minutes she comes back with a loss prevention guy and tells me i cant use the coupons so i said are you the top dog here and she said no so i said get your top person here i want to talk to them ...so after all this she took the coupons but should i report this maneger for the way i was treated?..opinions are welcome... this happen at a walmart and when i called that same store they gave me a corprate number no longer available Edited by badboy1072
left store name out

I would be really offended...and annoyed beyond belief for the wait, and embarrassed because this was in front of everyone else in line! I would definatly report the store and that manager if i were you. Walmart does ok because of the prices, but honestly i've found myself avoiding the place unless absolutely necessary because of the lack of customer service/plain human decency.

I recently went to walmart to exchange some shoes that my mom bought for my daughter. The shoes were not worn and still had tags and everything. I needed a larger size! Since my mom bought them, I did not have a receipt with me. They would not allow me to exchange them. They told me no receipt means absolutely no taking back the product. I was furious. The supervisor gave me the same response.

I took it upon myself to go back and purchase the shoes in the bigger size. I left the cashier and walked right up to returns to get money back for the smaller ones with the new receipt.

The woman at the returns counter grumbled about it but really had no ground to stand on at that point. I had a receipt!!!!

Their customer service has hit rock bottom!

I recently went to walmart to exchange some shoes that my mom bought for my daughter. The shoes were not worn and still had tags and everything. I needed a larger size! Since my mom bought them, I did not have a receipt with me. They would not allow me to exchange them. They told me no receipt means absolutely no taking back the product. I was furious. The supervisor gave me the same response.

I took it upon myself to go back and purchase the shoes in the bigger size. I left the cashier and walked right up to returns to get money back for the smaller ones with the new receipt.

The woman at the returns counter grumbled about it but really had no ground to stand on at that point. I had a receipt!!!!

Their customer service has hit rock bottom!

that is AWESOME

Their customer service has hit rock bottom

I don't understand How you could make the return. The receipt would not have matched the shoes you brought back because you bought a different size and the upc would not have matched what was on the receipt. ???????

Wal-Mart doesn't make different UPC's for each size of something. I'm not sure, but I don't think they even bother to make different ones for stuff with different colors either, ie sheets and comforters.

the manufacturer makes the UPC code not the store