Tell me your hits this year for toys

tjarena

DD 3.5-

My little pony scootaloo was a lot of fun (of course, she also managed somehow to get it stuck in her hair!?!?)

candyland castle game

The Vtech kids camera- she took over 400 pictures on Christmas day alone. killed a brand new set of batteries

Hits

DD5: singing Hannah Montana barbie, jewerly box with cheap plastic jewlery, the blanket Grandma made for her, playdoh.

DD3: blanket Grandma made for her (she squeaked "A Blanket!?! For me?!? - it was adorable!), snap and style baby Niki, playdoh.

DS2: Thomas engine and accessories, Transformers bumper battlers, Storytime projector, treats (I thought I put them away, but he keeps finding more!).

All: Caillou's Holiday Movie - I can quote it aleady. Games - they got Hungry, Hungry Hippo, Connect Four, Polar Bear ABC, Puppy Pals Bingo, and Duck, Duck 123

DH: Rubik's Magic and Rubik's Cube. He played with them all Chritmas and took the cube with for the road trip to Grandma's. He will be a pro Rubik's solver in a week at this rate!

We have inexpensive taste, lol. I don't think anything on the hit list cost over $20, most much less (going by my price, not full retail).

No true misses, but...

1. The ball for the Fisher Price cow bowling set is supposed to do something. I replaced the batteries and it still doesn't make any noises or anything. The kids like playing with it anyways- they don't know that it is supposed to make noise.

2. My mom gave me and DH gift cards to the movies. Unfortunatly, they were for the theater near her (2 hours from us). She had planned to watch our kids after our Christmas gathering, but we were really late due to the fog and our party went from 8pm to midnight. We did get to go the the movies, though. We left the kids with my sister and were able to sneak off to a matinee before the big family gathering the next day. Not a dud, really - we were just tight on time.

3. I think that DD5 feels like she should love the polar bear that she asked Santa to bring her, but she really isn't that interested. They all seem to like his choices better than the stuff that they asked for.

4. The kids loved them, but I could have lived without

a) the play make-up for DD5. DD3 got into it and put purple polka-dots her new pink shirt.

B) Colorwonder glitter paint set. I didn't think to put it up high, after all it is "mess-free" colorwonder, right? Wrong! I normally love the colorwonder stuff, it really is mess free. This is not. True, the paint will not show colors on most surfaces, but it has real glitter in the "paint" - which feels a lot like giltter glue. The result was that my table, kids, and myself got covered in glitter glue. And the kids liked it enough that they pulled it out and did it again while I was trying to make dinner, so our table sparkled for Christmas dinner.

Edited by fluffkin79

The kids all loved the Wii!! I could have saved a lot of money on games though bc so far they play the Wii Sports Tennis more than anything. DS3 loves the Diego Safari game! He learned very quickly how to play, I love that it makes them listen closely to directions. Mario Kart has been a big hit as well.

Also:

DS3 - Loved his giant T Rex from Toys R Us: This was by far his favorite gift, it does nothing but stand there (YAY for imagination!!) and he makes it eat all his little dinosaurs. He loved his Nerf Vulcan gun, his Hulk hands, just about everything. I am pretty disappointed with the Leapster. The Dora Pinata game is a little advanced for the 3 year old range I think. It asks them to discern very quickly between letters and numbers. Also, the attached pen seems to be pretty useless as none of the games so far even use it.

DD14 - Loved her Abercrombie clothes and purse, the Wii, Guitar Hero and Sims Castaway for DS, a big hit for her too was her Victoria's Secret Pink Mukluks

DD17 -Happy to get her GPS, single serve coffee maker and hot pot for her dorm, she always loves everything

Most of mine are grown but they are still kids at heart.

DD5 loved the Barbie sized dollhouse, leapster, and her Cinderella Barbie, but I think she has played the most with the tinkertoys.

She got a lot of new clothes, DH just called and said she dressed herself in the new clothes and did her own hair, no telling what she looks like!!

DS7-Guitar hero for DS, Guitar Hero for WII, Pokemon movie, Pokemon game for DS

DD3 Leapster with aeriel and cinderella game, large my little pony that comes with stuff to do her hair, littlest pet shop ( she loves the little figures but is not really playing with the house it came with)

The biggest miss this year was the Ben 10 alien chamber. It is a pain to do and my son lost interest in about 5 mintues.

HITS

DD19-$$

DS16-$$

DD13-$$, pajamas, and Bath and Body Works

DS9-Ripstick, transformers, and Wii

DS6-Cars Shake n Go Hauler, Cars Screamin Banshee, and bike

DD6-Snuggle kins stroller & cheetah and bike

MISSES

DD19-GPS

DS16-Electric blanket

DD13-Leapfrog Ultimate Homework Pack

DS9-Leapfrog Crammer

DS6-Imaginext Batcave

DD6-Fisher Price Grand Dollhouse

Well Christmas wasn't the same this year, Arrived home 2:00pm from Airport, had gone for my fathers service.

That is a story in it's self as far as Air Tran is concerned.

But big hits where

DD21 Vera Bradley tote bag and purse and wallet. Guitar hero for her PS2 and digital frame.

DS 18 Nikon camara, Timberland boots, and Guitar hero for his 360

DD11 Her zen that a fellow Gottadealer sent me from the toysrus deal, Her wii and her twilight books

DS 9 A dinosour skeleton my sister sent him, Backugon items and several ps2 games.

My husband abd I didnt exchange gifts this year as we wanted to make sure the kids had but I have to say my DS 18 bought me a chocalote fountain I have looked at these for about three years and just never bought one.

Well Christmas wasn't the same this year, Arrived home 2:00pm from Airport, had gone for my fathers service.

That is a story in it's self as far as Air Tran is concerned.

But big hits where

DD21 Vera Bradley tote bag and purse and wallet. Guitar hero for her PS2 and digital frame.

DS 18 Nikon camara, Timberland boots, and Guitar hero for his 360

DD11 Her zen that a fellow Gottadealer sent me from the toysrus deal, Her wii and her twilight books

DS 9 A dinosour skeleton my sister sent him, Backugon items and several ps2 games.

My husband abd I didnt exchange gifts this year as we wanted to make sure the kids had but I have to say my DS 18 bought me a chocalote fountain I have looked at these for about three years and just never bought one.

I'm glad to hear you made it back safely in time to spend Christmas with your kids:) I know you were worried about that. And once again, I'm sorry to hear about your father:(

hits for DD4 were: leapster, breyers horses and wooden stable for the horses, my little pony amusement park

The misses were pucci pony and tumbles the rollover puppy, which is a little shocking to me because there were the 2 things she said she really wanted. :confused:

Hits in order,lol:

DS5: $10 noisy play gun from Kmart.....he didn't get to ride his Razor Dirt bike yet,lol. Hasn't played 1 Wii game or DS game even though he got over 15 of them. He keeps playing the old Lego Star Wars II on the PS2 still,lol.

DD9: her laptop, subscription to Club Penguin, Klutz Book pot holder maker, and Imagine teacher DS game.

DD12: Sonic Unleashed PS2 (seriously,lmao), Pokemon DS games ($10 each,lol) then the laptop and Club Penguin subscription.

DS14: Samsung Rant cell phone (he loves the GPS on it,lol), Laptop......3 days later was his bday and he hasn't left his room barely because I bought him an XBox 360. He got GT4 for it and just came downstairs to announce it was his new favorite game even though Sunday it was Halo 3 and yesterday it was Saints Row 2,lmao.

Misses:

DS5: Seapals, VIP pets, & any games he got,lol.

DD9: Seapals

DD12: Seapals

DS14: The 5 3pks of Bod he accumulated,lol. He doesn't even like it! I told him to take them all out of the package, take them to school and hand out to whoever wants them in Gym class,lol.

Edited by jeninpa

Also:

DS3 - nothing I am pretty disappointed with the Leapster. The Dora Pinata game is a little advanced for the 3 year old range I think. It asks them to discern very quickly between letters and numbers.

I think the Leapster is for ages 4 & up.

My son is turning 4 in a week and he LOVES his big Imaginext remote-controlled Dinosaur (I think it was called Spike?). Also loves his Imaginext Batcave.

My daugther is 6 and she loves her Wowwee Alive lion cub (even though I'm not overly impressed) and her Puppy in my Pocket set. However, the small electronic games she got (My Meebas and Purse Pals) are gathering dust already.

I got some of those meeba thingys for my almost 8 year old (per her begging), and she has been sitting and playing non stop til she gets the thing out... so maybe your daughter will show interest when she is a little older?? Hard to say, but my second grader really likes them. Of course I guess once they are open, that's the end of it, right? Suffice to say that I'm glad I got them on Amazon when they had the BOGO and free shipping. They only put me out $7.50 per meeba. Seems too bad that ya can't put something else in there to hide and have the child play the game to get it open all over again. That might have made the game a bit more worth the money.

Hits were the me2, ipod touch,nerf vulcan,asus netbook

No misses so far as everything still has not been opened and used.

DD9 tried out her ME2 since she got it Christmas Eve but after opening the laptop she hasn't been off of Club Penguin much,lol. She barely even played her DS games but did like Imagine teacher and Baby Boy.

as usual we stress to get the big gifts and its the little ones that are best received.

Rose Art Make your own bounce ball was used until out of the materials. online looking for refills all day now LOL

Martian matter Wasnt gonna get it ended up super cheap on Amazon and she has played with this more then anything

Unopened still: cupcake maker

Best Family gift?

Bella our new puppy :D

Hope everyone had a great holiday! I was wondering what everyones kids like getting and what is already forgotten??

Favorites here: DD (6) loves her Barbie My House sets and the two Imagine DS games (Fashion Designer and Ballet Star). DS (12) loves his stuffed pillow that he got - it's an animal that spreads out to be a really soft pillow, as well as the iTouch that he bought with Christmas money combined with money he'd been saving. DS (14) loves his iTouch that he wanted desperately but knew he wasn't getting, until I brought it out of hiding at the very last moment.

Faves: the Wii has been huge. I found the summary screen where it shows you how long you've played with it, and our family (well, mostly DD7) has averaged 8 hours a day. :eyepoppin

Best games: Rayman Raving Rabbids (the kids fall about laughing), Paper Mario, Mario Party, Donkey Barrel-something-or-other....

DD loves her Kodak Easyshare and her Jedi light saber. DS loves all his new Hot Wheels cars and his Batman costume (he wore it for several days (and nights) in a row, until school started back today).

Both loved the Dino Dig but I am less than pleased -- we've had a huge concrete block on our kitchen counter for two weeks, which they keep chipping away at and uncovering "bones," spraying concrete fragments everywhere as they dig. Sigh. What was I thinking???

For the whole family it has to be the Wii Fit...we're all competing on Shaun White snowboarding!

DS8 loves his nerf N strike game for wii and the zip line we put up in the backyard.....or the Deal or No Deal game????

DS6 is all about the army vehicle set (was 60 got it for 20 - thanks gottadeal!) and Wall-E movie.

I gave my kids way to much also, but since I got such great deals on everything I could afford more...guess that could backfire, but we've had a blast together playing with it all.

Found them but they are $17.99. You got a good deal

ds7 loved everything. He got a bike, hot wheels track, nintendo games, nasa space suit, a light up moon and planets for his room, kung fu panda and walle movies, transformers helmet, video now, atm bank, spongebob operation game, and some transformers. He also bought himself some bakugans.

ds4 LOVES his smart cycle[/color], vsmile handheld, any kind of truck, candyland castle game, a stuffed dog, easy link games, dinasours, and a couple of vsmile games oh and the star wars clone wars movie.

I got my youngest the smart cycle last year and it was just ok. Until he got the hot wheels cartridge to go with it this year. Now he loves playing on it.

But of course the wii was the biggest hit of all for everyone!

For the whole family it has to be the Wii Fit...we're all competing on Shaun White snowboarding!

DS8 loves his nerf N strike game for wii and the zip line we put up in the backyard.....or the Deal or No Deal game????

DS6 is all about the army vehicle set (was 60 got it for 20 - thanks gottadeal!) and Wall-E movie.

I gave my kids way to much also, but since I got such great deals on everything I could afford more...guess that could backfire, but we've had a blast together playing with it all.

So the Nerf Strike game is fun? I seen it on Amazon.com really cheap at one point but didn't think it looked good....darn it,lol. I was really looking at the zip lines too.....of course I'd have to find a place to put it and I could see DH putting it from the top of the hill or something,lmao.

I got the ps2 singstar mics with 90's game, singstar amped, singstar legend, and sing star pop vol 2.They were a christmas hit, the adults were buzzed off the christmas nog, none of us could sing a lick but that didn't stop us. The kids are playing it now and none of them can sing, but they are having a good time trying.

I got my two sons 11 and 12 those 15.99 2gig zen mp3 media players that go for 78.00. They were blown away.I see those everyday.

My dd5 on the other hand wants to play with the boys toys.I havn,t noticed any one toy she was just blown away by.