Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I have NEVER seen sooo much stuff left at Target the day after Christmas. The giftbags were literally falling off of the wall they were stacked so full. There was so much of everything and hardly anyone buying it.

I went tody and they are still full... Even the yard light up things that everyone gets in a fight about are still there. Trees in boxes and everything. I got a couple bags and ribbons.

I purchased a new tree the day after christmas I have to keep an eye out for when things go 75% off so I can return my tree and get the same one for less!!

When I was there the day after Christmas there was a lot of toys 30% off. Three aisles full but not a whole lot to pick from. More of the "cheaper" made toys, IMO.

I purchased a new tree the day after christmas I have to keep an eye out for when things go 75% off so I can return my tree and get the same one for less!!

When I was there the day after Christmas there was a lot of toys 30% off. Three aisles full but not a whole lot to pick from. More of the "cheaper" made toys, IMO.

Oh does your store allow seasonal returns at receipt price? If so, your lucky. Ours returns seasonal items at the price it is that day (so if bought at 50% and return when items go 75%, we will only get the 75% price back)only.

Oh does your store allow seasonal returns at receipt price? If so, your lucky. Ours returns seasonal items at the price it is that day (so if bought at 50% and return when items go 75%, we will only get the 75% price back)only.

Really? How do they know that im going to purchase it again. Maybe I just dont like it...?

I went tody and they are still full... Even the yard light up things that everyone gets in a fight about are still there. Trees in boxes and everything. I got a couple bags and ribbons.

I was so suprised at the yard lights and trees as well. Usually they are the first to go. But there were tons left. Figures...this is the year that I really don't need any more......:(

I was a 2 different Targets today and asked when they would go 75% they both told me around New Year's, I thought for sure tomorrow (Monday). Both has alot left

They never actually know anything in the store. Many of us have been told similar things only to find it was completely false, so be sure to check back. And don't trust calling. They will just look at the signs or flat out lie to you. You have to go in and scan a few things if the signs aren't changed.

Really? How do they know that im going to purchase it again. Maybe I just dont like it...?

It is just part of their return policy

Yep, it is just part of the return policy for holiday items. However, a few states seem to have laws preventing it, so you should check ahead of time. A few people have reported being able to return at the purchase price regardless. You just have to know beforehand.

Yep, it is just part of the return policy for holiday items. However, a few states seem to have laws preventing it, so you should check ahead of time. A few people have reported being able to return at the purchase price regardless. You just have to know beforehand.

Would be really nice if we could find out the list of states that do and do not allow it.

Would be really nice if we could find out the list of states that do and do not allow it.

Yeah, I agree, but I think you basically need to go onto the attorney general's website, or do some google research for your own state to know. California allows them to do it. I think it is either MO or OH that consistently report otherwise, but some fellow gottadealers would have to chime in for us to know. Maybe we could compile a list and append it to post 1.

I'm in Wyoming and as long as you have the receipt then you get what you paid for it. If you are returning without a receipt you get the lowest selling price in the last 30 (or 60) days.

Our store recently changed the return policy for no receipts. It used to be nothing over $20 without a receipt and anything under $20 you could only exchange for something in the same department. Now they will give you a gift card for anything under $35 without a receipt.

Orlando area Targets also give you back what you paid on seasonal items as long as you have a receipt. I wonder if they've changed their no receipt policy here, to the giftcard up to $35?

I'm in NJ and I've always received back whatever I paid so long as I had the receipt. I'm not sure where our no receipt policy is right now - I started charging everything at Target just so I can use the handy lookup if I lose a receipt.:D

Orlando area Targets also give you back what you paid on seasonal items as long as you have a receipt. I wonder if they've changed their no receipt policy here, to the giftcard up to $35?

I had heard someone at our store say they changed that policy, but didn't ask about it. I guess it is time to do that!

I was at the Temple, Texas Target this morning. Still 50% off on Christmas stuff. I asked a worker when would it drop to 75% off. He said when Corporate tells them. Now why would Corporate tell some stores to drop to 75% and not others?

Lots of reasons, but mostly it seems to depend on stock levels.