Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

S'mores pony is marked down at the Tustin Ave store in Orange, CA if anyone needs one...there are two on the top shelf against the wall in the back of the store where holiday and toys meet.....I couldn't read the price, but there where red clearance stickers on both boxes. I picked up a lot of the Burts Bees chapsticks for 50% off, gold paper plates for the Girl Scout Older Girl Recognition in June (Gold Award ceremony, we use gold plates). Couldn't find any plain silver, wrapping paper red with colored dots and bright stripes to use year 'round for birthdays. 20 minute Sorry game and the boxed Cranium games were 50%. Lots of chocolates for the chocoholics who live here. I may go to another Target today, I was fairly wiped out with a cold yesterday.

Guest mzannetti

our dollar spot was only 30% black dot items.

i picked up a great deal on a winter/snowman king size sheet set. $10

i also "set aside" a few items for the 90% off clearance time. :)

according to the markdown schedule should the christmas stuff be 75% tomorrow or monday??lots of stuff left .so can wait till it goes to 75%.TIA

I was just coming here to post this same question. Since I heard everyone say it goes to 75% on the 4th day after Holiday I was thinking that should be Monday?? Is that right?? Would love to stock up on some Christmas papper.

50% off - marked down on the day after the holiday, usually lasts for three days

75% off - marked down on the fourth day after the holiday, usually lasts for three days

90% off - marked down on the seventh day after the holiday, usually lasts for 1-3 days

Other than Christmas, this is usually the schedule used for post-holiday clearance, including Valentine's Day, Easter, Summerville, and Halloween, for at least the last few years.

You might want to find the thread from last year and see when people posted about finding 75% off.

S'mores pony is marked down at the Tustin Ave store in Orange, CA if anyone needs one...there are two on the top shelf against the wall in the back of the store where holiday and toys meet.....I couldn't read the price, but there where red clearance stickers on both boxes. I picked up a lot of the Burts Bees chapsticks for 50% off, gold paper plates for the Girl Scout Older Girl Recognition in June (Gold Award ceremony, we use gold plates). Couldn't find any plain silver, wrapping paper red with colored dots and bright stripes to use year 'round for birthdays. 20 minute Sorry game and the boxed Cranium games were 50%. Lots of chocolates for the chocoholics who live here. I may go to another Target today, I was fairly wiped out with a cold yesterday.

In Ankeny, Iowa, the ponies were marked down to $135 or real close. Some toys were 30% off, not many, none more. Xmas decor was 50%. I almost got wrapping paper, but there was a bunch, I don't NEED it, and so I am waiting to see if it goes cheaper.

I was at Target yesterday and managed to pick up a few bargains. The best one was Thomas the Train bike helmet 3+ for ds. It was on clearance for $13.99 down from 19.99. Too bad no girl one's on sale as I also need a new one for dd but for 5+. I also got a case of 4 gorgeous wrapping papper rolls that came packaged together with ribbons and bows. The colors are bright pink, blue and white which are perfect since we're still having Christmas/New-Years get-together for our friends with kids next weekend and we're doing presents exchanging so I needed wrapping paper for that. It was 50% off (like the rest of Christmas stuff) so down to $5 from $10. I'm hoping to go back to Target when discounts are down to 75% to stock up on wrapping goods for next year though. Also picked up some cookie cutters (a big snowman one and a pack of small cookie cutters) at 50% off. Also packages of candy canes for 99 cents. I thought these were really neat and would be perferct for the party since they are fruit flavored. One was princesses and one high school musical.

They also had kid slippers for 50% off. Didn't see many papper goods. Just one pattern I think was at 50% off. Some toys were at 50% also like the little car packages.. I think some Parents brand too not the ones I needed though.

I wish the 18 gallon or any gallon for that matter were clearance, lol. Do they ever clearance those out?

Eventually depending... like lovetoshopCA says, Halloween is immediate, and then Christmas I was not sure about. Also sometimes they go on sale for like $5 in the Target Weekly Ad throughout the year. They are so useful for everything! I keep needing to get more LOL.

home depot has two 18 gallon tubes for $6.88 in our area.

Thanks...I got a gift card to Home Depot so I will have to check them out. :)

They NEVER clearance the storage containers until a couple of weeks after Christmas. It is only Halloween that they do immediately. They always wait on the storage containers because people don't need them till after Christmas when they start putting stuff away. We complain every year about the Snap Ware and stuff like that because it is never on sale with the rest.

I mentioned in the first post that a lot of the home stuff wasn't more than 30% off. It seemed like it was 50% here, but they probably are doing it with a lower percentage based on what is left where. The Christmas extension cords were clearanced, but it is possible that they had others mixed in. There are a lot of seasonal people still working, and they tend to get stuck doing the overnight on Christmas night, so they inevitably make a lot of mistakes. If you were shopping much the week before Christmas, particularly in toys, you would have found stuff like that all over the place. In fact, it worked in my favor. I got a pair of the Eyeclops Night Vision Goggles for $14.99 because someone had mistakenly stocked several pairs in a spot for some other toy with a similar name that was part of the Spy Gear stuff, and they had to honor the shelf price for 1 pair. DS age 5 was thrilled!

Ahh...that explains it because I grabbed a few Halloween ones day after, but forgot when the Christmas bins go on sale. Thanks so much! Btw, good find on the Eyeclops Night Vision Goggles!

Has anyone seen the holiday cookie stuff go on sale at 50% ...I think there was a red cookie scooper and some of the sugar sprinkles & Wilton Icings (red/white/green)? Also, how many days do you have to take your receipt for full price holiday items to be price adjusted to sale price? I picked up some stuff last Saturday and am hoping it will go on sale... :D TIA!

I bought a holiday spatula (who is going to notice but me that the spatula has christmas trees on it?) and a cookie sheet set that had a cooling rack and another spatula on 1/2 yesterday. I think all the holiday baking supplies went 1/2 off yesterday also.

### 002-02-1253 - 18 GAL TOTE $4.99

### 002-06-0160 - 56 QT BOX $4.99 (Orig. $6.99)

My father just found this at our local Riverdale, NYC Target. The 56 QT Box is definitely Christmas clearance. It is clear Sterilite with red cover. Not sure if the 18 GAL Tote is regular or sale price. Those were grey with grey or green cover.

Thanks for all the help again!

I bought a holiday spatula (who is going to notice but me that the spatula has christmas trees on it?) and a cookie sheet set that had a cooling rack and another spatula on 1/2 yesterday. I think all the holiday baking supplies went 1/2 off yesterday also.

Thanks! I wonder if it is worth still going as the only store I know of had like 10-15 items of each left last Tuesday. Hopefully I can get it Price adjusted instead..... Congrats on your finds!

Thanks! I wonder if it is worth still going as the only store I know of had like 10-15 items of each left last Tuesday. Hopefully I can get it Price adjusted instead..... Congrats on your finds!

When I went yesterday morning (about 7:00 am) there wasn't much hard goods at my store in West Nashville, but lots of supplies (sprinkles, etc). But there were more people at Target than the Walmart just down the road, so YMMV.

according to the markdown schedule should the christmas stuff be 75% tomorrow or monday??lots of stuff left .so can wait till it goes to 75%.TIA

I'd guess Monday while they hope to get as much sold at 50% over the weekend as possible.

Our dollar spot was only 30% too! Not a good development!

Don't forget with the Christmas clearance that you can use coupons! I used coupons on the Dixie paper plates, Holiday Kleenex, red & green M&M's and Pillsbury frosting at Target. And at Walmart I used them on the holiday Ziploc bags, making all of it a much better deal. So don't forget to check your coupons.

All the holiday baking items were 50% off here--I picked up sugar sprinkles and a couple of spatulas. Also Bounty napkins this afternoon at 50% (they must have just put them out--keep checking if you can), some undies for DD (50% off --$4 for three), hot chocolate mix--three triangle shaped containers in a circle (50%--$3.50), some plain white boxes for shirts (50%--99 cents).

I didn't notice any clearance in the Dollar Spot, and couldn't find any Casade. I'll keep checking. And the Scrapbook tins are not half off--they are $17.50 which is the price I paid the week before Christmas. I was hoping to pick up a couple at half off for DD to use for gift exchanges next year.

I found the CUTEST oversized penguin doormat and went ahead and bought it. I also got some bounty paper towels but left the darn coupons at home. People had destroyed the holiday section. It's unfortunate because there was a lot of broken merchandise, people knocking over and stepping on glass ornaments to get to stuff. How greedy.:(

I found the CUTEST oversized penguin doormat and went ahead and bought it. I also got some bounty paper towels but left the darn coupons at home. People had destroyed the holiday section. It's unfortunate because there was a lot of broken merchandise, people knocking over and stepping on glass ornaments to get to stuff. How greedy.:(

That's horrible.

If you bring your coupons with you on your next trip and the stuff you bought (not sure if receipt alone is good enough), you can ask if customer service will adjust it. Just say you forgot the coupons last time. Sometimes they are really nice and will do it.

I noticed you are in Northern NJ, I usually go to the Union Target when I can... IF you see any cookie/cupcake stuff, will you give me a heads up (that is of course after you got what you wanted already)? TIA!

That's horrible.

If you bring your coupons with you on your next trip and the stuff you bought (not sure if receipt alone is good enough), you can ask if customer service will adjust it. Just say you forgot the coupons last time. Sometimes they are really nice and will do it.

I noticed you are in Northern NJ, I usually go to the Union Target when I can... IF you see any cookie/cupcake stuff, will you give me a heads up (that is of course after you got what you wanted already)? TIA!

I hope they will!

I live up by Greenwood lake (West Milford) but go to the Riverdale and Rockaway Targets when I am not traveling. I'll let you know if I see anything!

That's horrible.

I hope they will!

I live up by Greenwood lake (West Milford) but go to the Riverdale and Rockaway Targets when I am not traveling. I'll let you know if I see anything!

I was @ the Union Target on rt 22 tonight it they I didnt find any cookie/cupcake stuff but then again by the time I got there the store looked like a bomb went off....I'll check again tomorrow :no:

Just checking in to see if anyones stores are at 75% off or if it will be tomorrow. I'm thinking tomorrow since todays online ad is saying Christmas is 50% off. I just didn't want to drive 35miles to check if their 75% off today and then its not. Hopefully tomorrow.

I just read last years thread and some stores went 75% off on the 29th (a Thursday) but most were on the 30th. 90% off started on the 4th of January (Friday).

I would go back and recheck these dates w/ the year as the 29th was a saturday last year(2007, my daughter got married that day thats how I remember