SuperTarget's hot food deli

joshsmommy642

Okay so I drove to our local supertarget even though I live across the street from a regular one to get my son some chicken strips. I purchased two containers from the deli that they cook.On the way home I ate one that was in a container and brought the rest home.My son didn't eat them right away so I put them in the fridge till later.Last night I took them out to warm up for him, and I noticed that one of the pieces was large so I knew he wouldn't eat that one, i warmed it up for myself.I broke it apart because it was so large and it was pink inside like raw chicken.There was a blood vein, it was disgusting.There also was still wet sticky batter on the inside.I called the store and the guest relations,they will write up a incident report and remind the deli of the probe procedure to check for temp. and refund the 4.oo for the strips......its terrible,had my son had them he could have become very sick! (sorry for the long series of events)

I would be upset too. I used to work in a deli and make food like that. Sometimes when you get those really much larger pieces they need more time to cook. Its hard when you make a large batch to catch them all but most of the time the cooking is done right.

they are supposed to take the thermometer and stick a buch of strips through it to check for doneness....however they will not hit them all.

We always check the biggest, fatest ones first when we eat out for that very reason.

Glad no one became ill and the store is refunding your money.