Bath and Bodyworks after Xmas Sales

kdspark

Got this in the mail!

29Dec-11Jan Signature Collection $6 each or 3 for 15.

(excludes Eau de Toilette,Ultimate silk body Lotion,Signature Collection

elegant new look and gift sets)

29Dec-4Jan True Blue Spa B2G2 Free

(excludes kits and gift sets)

1Jan-11Jan Wallflower Diffuser Starter Sets and Refills $5each

(excludes holiday and new odor neutralizing ones)

3Days only 29Dec-31Dec Signature Collection Body Lotion $3

I went to two stores and they had the $6 or 3 for $15 Signature Collection and the $3 Signature Collection Body Lotion already going. All of the holiday gift sets were 50% off. The holiday wallflower starter sets and refills were 50% off. The anti-bacterial soaps were 5 for $15 or 7 for $20. A few items were 75% off, but I am not sure what the rhyme or reason of those things were.

Went today & saw a sign that said both body lotions AND creams were $3, but didn't see any creams in the big bins. Also $3: the discontinued scents (mostly shower gel & lotion). Travel sizes 4 for $5. Twisted Peppermint & Vanilla Bean Noel 75% off (not a single Candy Apple - naturally, as that's what my friend wanted). 50% off eau de toilettes for the regular scents, a few random Aromatherapy things, & what robes they have left. 75% off the orange Breathe stuff & Halloween soaps (I guess they're trying to get rid of what they have left), small black Lambie, & some kind of xmas candleholders. Wallflower starters & refills 2/$20. Antibacterials 3/$10. Holiday antibacterial soaps 50% off. Pocketbacks 5/$5.

They took that coupon for me. Why would it not be valid? It must depend on the manager.

But here's my BIG problem -- I went Monday to stock up on the soaps -- I do it every January and buy for the year, and there was ONE lonely soap, and it wasn't even on sale. I said "are you getting any more in?" and the bimbo behind the counter says "uh, no, I don't think so," and I said "what, never????" and she says, "yeah, I don't think so. we didn't even get any in for the holiday sale. I don't think we're stocking them anymore." And I just about fell over.

Can anyone who works at BBW confirm this?? That they're not stocking SOAP anymore? Not body wash, soap. I think the girl was just an idiot (you should've seen her vacant expression) ... please tell me she was wrong!!!

They took that coupon for me. Why would it not be valid? It must depend on the manager.

But here's my BIG problem -- I went Monday to stock up on the soaps -- I do it every January and buy for the year, and there was ONE lonely soap, and it wasn't even on sale. I said "are you getting any more in?" and the bimbo behind the counter says "uh, no, I don't think so," and I said "what, never????" and she says, "yeah, I don't think so. we didn't even get any in for the holiday sale. I don't think we're stocking them anymore." And I just about fell over.

Can anyone who works at BBW confirm this?? That they're not stocking SOAP anymore? Not body wash, soap. I think the girl was just an idiot (you should've seen her vacant expression) ... please tell me she was wrong!!!

I REALLY, REALLY hope she was just an idiot. The glycerine soap is the only soap I can use and I count on their yearly sales to stock up. I think I'll call my two local stores and see if they got it in. Will update...

I asked about the soaps before Christmas and was told that they have been discontinued also.:(

I just called the two stores near me and both told me they were discontinued:no: I am so upset about this! I have contacted corporate through their e-mail online and hope everyone else who uses the glycerin soap will do the same. I can only use glycerin soap due to really sensitive skin and loved the fragrances of BBW. Anybody know if the Body Shop has a similar line????

I have no idea why it wouldn't work. I used it worked fine.

When I finished shopping, I pulled out the printed coupon and showed the manager before the transaction. Without even inspecting further of the coupon, she said " this is not valid" and went on scanning my purchase. I wonder she must have a lot of people coming in and show her this coupon. I still made the purchase. $3 body lotion is still a good deal. Thanks for posting the coupon.:)

p.s I am in NY

Regarding the coupon, if you cannot get it to work, then here is an option...

Buy 1 item. At the bottom or back of the receipt there is a coupon for $10 off your next $30 purchase - all you have to do is complete a survey. Go outside, call the number from your cell or pay phone. Complete the survey, come back in and use the survey coupon for your purchase. Every receipt I have gotten from them has the coupon.

:)

BBW used to make a foaming handsoap in Raspberry. I LOVED it. I bought many bottles of it (ds had cancer and bone marrow transplant so we were real germaphobes for quite awhile) I got 12 of them as a Xmas gift even, but then they quit making it. It was my all time favorite. I contacted corporate and they responded with some lame form letter just saying basically too bad, try another scent. I haven't bought anything from there since. Those were what I went there for.

Used coupon at my BBW without a problem. The salesgirl told me that I could combine $10 off $30 coupon with buy $10 item and get up to $13 item free coupon (expired 12/24/08); also helped with my puchases so that I could get the best deals. Went back yesterday with another of the same $10 off $30 coupon and purchased a ton of stuff - no problem; same salesgirl helped me :)

When I finished shopping, I pulled out the printed coupon and showed the manager before the transaction. Without even inspecting further of the coupon, she said " this is not valid" and went on scanning my purchase. I wonder she must have a lot of people coming in and show her this coupon. I still made the purchase. $3 body lotion is still a good deal. Thanks for posting the coupon.:)

p.s I am in NY

Used coupon at my BBW without a problem. The salesgirl told me that I could combine $10 off $30 coupon with buy $10 item and get up to $13 item free coupon (expired 12/24/08); also helped with my puchases so that I could get the best deals. Went back yesterday with another of the same $10 off $30 coupon and purchased a ton of stuff - no problem; same salesgirl helped me :)

For both of your experiences, you should call BBW Corporate Customer Relations 614-415-7000

For the good experience you had, the sales associate will get a WOW Award and recognition, which is a nice thing and also you will get some goodie (not sure what) as well.

For the bad experience, maybe they can help you out and send you some coupons or something in the future to make up for it. I am in NYC and had no problems with using the coupon myself.

Happy New Year to everyone and thanks for making this another great GottaDeal year!

I just called the two stores near me and both told me they were discontinued:no: I am so upset about this! I have contacted corporate through their e-mail online and hope everyone else who uses the glycerin soap will do the same. I can only use glycerin soap due to really sensitive skin and loved the fragrances of BBW. Anybody know if the Body Shop has a similar line????

I don't know about the Body Shop, but if you have a WholeFoods near you they carry some really nice glycerin soaps. Or at least they did the last time I checked. Maybe you can find some on-line? There are a lot of homemade soap sites that use organic and mild ingrediants.

HTH

The Body Shop has a line of glycerin soaps. They used to have an unfragranced line, but I'm not sure if they still do.

I don't know about the Body Shop, but if you have a WholeFoods near you they carry some really nice glycerin soaps. Or at least they did the last time I checked. Maybe you can find some on-line? There are a lot of homemade soap sites that use organic and mild ingrediants.

HTH

Thanks, a Whole Foods just opened up near me. I'll have to check them out. I checked Body Shop but their soaps are $4 plus per, which is pricey compared to BBW $1 sale each January.

It was confirmed by BBW corporate that they are not making glycerin soaps anymore. I will contact them again to express how unhappy I am with their decision.