Share your stocking and mantle photos!

triplej2002

So, someone started a thread for posting Christmas tree photos, so I thought it would be nice to see photos of your stockings/fireplace mantles. Well, we don't actually have a fireplace, but here are our stockings... my husband's is the highest one, followed by mine, my step-daughter, our son and our dog, Goldie. :)

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z303/triplej2002/christmastree040.jpg

I'm sure I'm "off" from the true tradition of hanging stockings to be filled by Santa :) but stockings in my house are usually an after thought or something that I add in only when I find that I have a bit of money left over after buying presents. So, in order to ensure that I dont stress out my dd and dh and they have to fill me a stocking as well, I wont hang the stockings until after everyone is in bed on Christmas Eve or first thing in the morning when they get up. So, I then let dh and dd open their stockings and have a bit of fun while I get everything together (bags, camera, make coffee, etc.)

I'll be heading on this week to pick some new stockings and things to fill them and then will just keep everything in a bag until Christmas eve.

I have no fireplace or mantel:( I am still trying to figure out where to hang the stockings. Before I would just hang them on the wall but here we have concrete walls so hanging things up is more of a challenge. I also can't find those stick on hooks...URGH!

OP, yours looks great!

I'm surprised my dad hasn't stolen the M&M stocking from your house. He's a huge collector. Here's ours...all the same but I embroidered our names on them. Can't see it very well.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c298/mudechevy/Picture007.jpg

Our son absolutely LOVES M&Ms... merchandise, the commercials and ofcourse the candy. He saw that stocking at Garden Ridge and wanted that one. I hated to replace his cute Blue's Clues one, but he's growing up. :(

You're mantle looks very nice and that is one unusual stocking that you have (in the other pic). lol

And thank you to everyone else for the compliments as well. :)

We don't have a fireplace either. I have used the 3M Command Brand hooks that holds strongly on your wall(with a adhesive that you gently pull on to remove) and you just remove them when you are done...I haven't had any damage from them, and I can put them anywhere I want. Works well for us.

I have no fireplace or mantel:( I am still trying to figure out where to hang the stockings. Before I would just hang them on the wall but here we have concrete walls so hanging things up is more of a challenge. I also can't find those stick on hooks...URGH!

OP, yours looks great!

in years that we didn't have a fireplace, we have done the stair idea or off of a shelf, or if all else fails, let the kids lay them on the coffee table christmas eve and santa can fill them and lay them there