Odd items on your child's Christmas list?

KrisinTn

i had to laugh when i read this .. my ds 17 is the the boy of many hats . he loves hats and with her personality he does not care what anyone thinks or says. he loves to wear them.. he was wearing a tall light orange hat with fur for the whole month of oct. i was smh. but had to laugh it was so him to not care. now this wk he is walking arround with a winter hat with eyes on it and gloves that match bright red, some girl gave them to him only to see its the (cars )hat. lol he even went to the mall and sat on santas lap with it on.

Thats my son too. I try to keep him "normal" and he wants none of it. He just doesn't care what others think. I guess it's my hangup wanting him to "fit in".LOL

Thats my son too. I try to keep him "normal" and he wants none of it. He just doesn't care what others think. I guess it's my hangup wanting him to "fit in".LOL

i use to think the same thing.. when he was in 4 grade he went threw a orange kick.. orange pants shirt hat . u name it! had to be orange.. i said my gosh u will get your butt kicked .. he said naaaaaaaaaaaaa... do u know this kid has more friends then i ever did. he is so popular cause of his personality . so i guess he turned out ok . lol he has friends in every group. from sports . to head bangers, to hippies, gothic . girls are his best friends smart kids. dont matter he is loved by all. so makes me happy. as matter fact he just had 6 people here and they all just left . one is in collage, one in his class with nose rings and lip, the other is in 12 going to collage . im like wow what a a mixed group. yes he left with his bright red hat and gloves with eyes on them from the movie cars lol .. :shock:

i use to think the same thing.. when he was in 4 grade he went threw a orange kick.. orange pants shirt hat . u name it! had to be orange.. i said my gosh u will get your butt kicked .. he said naaaaaaaaaaaaa... do u know this kid has more friends then i ever did. he is so popular cause of his personality . so i guess he turned out ok . lol he has friends in every group. from sports . to head bangers, to hippies, gothic . girls are his best friends smart kids. dont matter he is loved by all. so makes me happy. as matter fact he just had 6 people here and they all just left . one is in collage, one in his class with nose rings and lip, the other is in 12 going to collage . im like wow what a a mixed group. yes he left with his bright red hat and gloves with eyes on them from the movie cars lol .. :shock:

This sounds like my DS9. He's my middle child and the most outgoing boy I've seen.

He talks to anyone (which sometimes worries me), and sometimes he can annoy the

crap out of you.. but you cant help but love him. He also wears all the crazy hats and clothes, and I constantly

think this is going to get his arse kicked.. or made fun of, but its the complete opposite. (thank god)

He has friends ranging from kindergarten-high school. well the high schoolers arent really "friends", but they'll stop by and throw football with him or stop and have a short conversation and joke around with him. (sorry this is off topic)

But as for any odd requests, I cant think of any right now. But do enjoy reading

this thread. :yup:

My 8 year old daughter asked for a coffee pot. I asked her why (we don't drink coffee but she likes to go to her grandma's and drink coffee) and she said "so you can make me my coffee in the morning!!!" So, that is what Santa got her, a coffee pot, Dunkin Donuts coffee and some Coffee Mate!!!!

My son once asked for flowers. He was 6 I believe. Xmas of 2001

So Santa bought him a bouquet and even wrote him a card and put it in watter! He was sooooooooooo thrilled and prouod of his flowers.. it made me cry.

( i wish I could substitue flowers for the xbox 360 rock band 2 set and ipod he wants)

When my dd9 was 3 she had a lisp and that year she wanted a "dump truck and a barbie." However, when she saw Santa something that sounded very profane came out of her mouth-it sounded as though she asked for a "dumb f***ing barbie." Needless to say I received a horrible glare from Santa. I had to bite my lip to stop from laughing.

My little brother had that same trouble when he was little.........my older brothers would have him say HORRIBLE things then laugh like man men because my poor little brother had no idea why him saying "Go truck yourself" was soooooooooooo funny. The even funnier part is they used to record this, oh, and their farts. Brothers are so gross sometimes.

I have really enjoyed reading these stories, thank each of you that have shared for the smiles that you've brought to the rest of us! It is nice to know that my son and niece have some fine company in their "strange" requests. It does make you wonder what all the average Santa hears from all the children in one season... doesn't it?

DD 15 just went from wanting a laptop to a runescape membership ($20) and guitar hero III or Harvest Moon for the PS2 (some new HM game)

Heck wish I would have known that before BF cause she's got the laptop. I got GHIII at red octaine for DS 13 when i was $39.

Oh to have babies again.....my DS19 said "I could always use extra condoms" arghhhhh :eek:

They used to be sweet boys and wanted trucks and mario games..those days are gone for sure. Well at least he is being careful and I did always preach that :blush:

this had me lmao :yup: but like you said at least he is being careful. it also shows that ya'll have a open relationship and that's good too :)

What a wonderful thread! I got quite a few good laughs from reading through the posts! :D

Although this isn't a Santa request, DD5 begged for that Perfect Pancake pan. We made 2 batches of perfect pancakes and she gobbled them up...and has forgotten it's in the cabinet.

DD3 asked if Santa could bring him "new cool boy underpants" today. (We're potty-training and bought him one of those Underoo sets with the tee and boxer briefs in Batman. Now he thinks he's Batman and won't let anyone touch the bat logo on his chest!)

my ds(7) asked for a Snuggie last night. I guess he was watching that commercial where they show that blanket like robe that you can wear around the house and now that is what he wants - a blue one with a collar and everything. Geez.

my five year old was just telling me today how much she wanted one of these as well. She listed all the "great" ways you could wear it and use it :D She did stress that she wouldn't use it while walking up the stairs though. :D

My DS 10 didnt ask for anything off the wall, but we do tease him sometimes about liking girls (he says he doesn't like them, but he does). He once told DH that the girl off I Carly was "kinda cool lookin". I grabbed his Christmas list off of the fridge and added Miranda Cosgrove to the end of it. Then I showed the list to him to ask him what he REALLY wanted... it took him a minute of two to notice what I had done.