Positive rap?

fluffkin79

I want to preload a couple songs on MP3 players for Christmas for 9 & 10 year olds. They say that they like rap, but I'm a country gal. Does anyone know of popular rap for that age that has a positive - or at least neutral - message?

I know, it would be easier to give them an itunes card, but they don't have computer access so I want to load a few songs on before they get the MP3s.

I'm not sure where you would be able to find these songs to download, but those kidz bop cd's are cool I think. They are basically the popular songs they play on the radio, but they are clean. Who knows they might have the cd on itunes but I'm not sure.

Parents Just Don't Understand by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince:D

And Will Smith...

[YOUTUBE]BIduOvEoVeQ[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]EjheiI0BFqg[/YOUTUBE]

Kriss Kross (going back 16 years...)

[YOUTUBE]5J5titd0Kbw[/YOUTUBE]

Another Bad Creation (18 years ago) (actually their music was a mix of Rap and New Jack Swing)

[YOUTUBE]QMgv6GrTLoQ[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]0JBTSLgE9cI[/YOUTUBE]

third TobyMac!!! They are much awesomeness! I've seen them in concert 3 times and can't get enough :D (uh-oh they're creeping up to my seeing Metallica 5 times...need more 'tallica!)

Best cd is "Portable Sounds" - this is also the most recent

Best songs:

Boomin' - this is one of my favorite songs Christian or non-Christian

The Slam

Made to Love

Love is in the House

One World

...in my opinion of course

TobyMac also used to be part of a band called dc Talk

-there are some other Christian rap artists that the youth at my church love. I just don't know their names off-hand.

others: Boys to Men, Kriss Kross, Will Smith/ Fresh Prince, Informer,

I think these are clean???: LL Cool J, some older Puff Daddy, Bone Thugs n Harmony

Certain Black Eyed Peas songs, for instance Pump It:

[YOUTUBE]4bn7eYJIQiI[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not familiar with much of what is mentioned here, but give it a shot:

http://www.amazon.com/clean-rap/forum/Fx1PGP1ENM5L0H3/Tx2HELPVK40HGW0/1

You should be able to search on Youtube for a video of anything mentioned there.

---

But basically any Will Smith CD is a safe bet... Being a "clean" rapper is one of the things he is criticized for (no swear words, no degradation of women, etc.)