Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My BF Experience" Thread

Brad

Rather than have everyone post their own separate thread detailing their experience tomorrow (or late tonight), we're going to do what we always do and have this one main thread.

If you post your experience in a separate thread, we're either going to merge it in here or delete it, so if you want to make sure you don't do all that typing for nothing, make sure it goes in here.

Was going to get a BD player tomorrow/today, but was able to snag one of the Panny BD35's on Sears one day sale earlier this week for $140 (+ 2 free blu Ray movies), so that left only a few things I needed.

Today, I ordered the Uniden 5 handset phone system from Sears to replace our non-functioning phones.

Tomorrow I head out to get a digital photo frame, toys and clothes from WalMart and Kohls.

I'm cyber-shopping! Ok, maybe it isn't that exciting for you but it is pretty new to me. I planned to get a digital camera and some digital frames from Walmart. Instead I followed some awesome advise and got a Canon A590 for $102 http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=128021&highlight=newegg, 2 7in digital frames with SD cards for $39 each from Walmart.com, and 2 Kodak 7in touch screen frame clearanced at Best Buy (in store) for $47 each. I wouldn't have even been there if I hadn't seen the post about the $3.99 movies. Gettin' great deals!

Went to Michael's (Arts & Craft Store) tonight for their 6-9 p.m. deals. Bought:

* Cricut Jukebox for $49.99 (reg $99.xx)

* (3) cricut cartridges for $29.99 each (reg between $50-90 each)

* Ott-lite desk lamp for $19.99 (reg $59.99)

Used their 20% coupon (which worked on two items) and got everything for $161.20 tax included.

Oh my god! I thought, hey, I always stay up all night, I'll go to the outlets! (which opened at midnight) It was absolute INSANITY - I have never, ever, EVER seen so much traffic just to get into a place. I never even made it near the parking lot! After an hour I gave up, knowing it would have taken me another hour just to get in!

So I left the house at quarter to 11, got there around quarter to 12, & headed home by 1. Now I'm waiting to go to Wal-Mart in a bit. I stopped by on my way back & there were about 50 people in line at quarter to 2 (I don't think I'll go till 5 - I plan to get a bunch of stuff online instead)

ETA (3:20am EST): Got about half my list from walmart.com, w/ free site to store shipping :D

Edited by queenofshopping

Most of our shopping is already done (got all the big items at Sears F&F two weeks ago) so we really don't need to do BF, but the wife's decided to try Kohl's now for a carpet cleaner :eyepoppin and then drop into WalMart for the the sheer purpose of watching the madness.:tongue1:

So here I am now playing designated stay-awaker. :yawn:

well i wasnt going to the sales today because of company but i ended up getting everything i wanted anyways online they had almost everything on sale except the pj's so i was warm in my house not freezing in a line and im very happy even though I like the thrill of going standing in line in the cold this year i had unexpected company that prevented me from my yearly routine but i found out that you can do it online

have a happy thanksgiving everybody im going to sleep now

im still at home LOL.. I will do a little online shopping today and monday but im so surprised at myself and not go out . I thought I would crack and still go but Dh would have had a fit since I would technically be driving under the influence of percacet LOL.. So its a no go but im still proud I made it without having withdrawls of my black friday addictions :D

I got up early this morning and snagged the "must haves" online now Im getting ready to shower so that I can go out to get all the clothing the kids wanted. I always take my 13 yr old daughter with me so I prefer to get the electronic items online so she doesnt see. Now I can jst relax and enjoy the clothes shopping without ever stepping foot in the craziness they call the electronics department!

Hubby just called and we managed to get the washer dryer set from sears. The guy told hubby that they only had one set in stock and he couldnt sell it to us at that price! Can you believe that? Hubby had the ad in hand and told the guy that he was gonna have alot of peeved customers if hes not going to honor the ad. Hubby likes to throw fits over stuff like this so Im sure he was very persueding. :D Anyway..ours will be delivered on Tuesday.

just checking in real quick.. I went to Walmart.. what a madhouse! LOL

I did score the 19" lcd TV and the $8 jackets/jeans and some toys.

couldnt find the dang towels, oh well.

Off to the Mall and Kohls next.

I ran into another gottadealer.. but forgot to ask her screen name. :)

(too much crazyness going on)

Portable DVD player:

Never could get the one from Walmart to add to my cart. I kept getting a "cannot configure this item at this time" message.

Tried to get the same one from Kmart (same advertised price) but would always show $79.99 in the cart.

Opted for the one from Kohl's . $79.99 then you get a $30 rebate. Had a 15% off coupon and free shipping. Also earned $10 Kohn'ls cash on this alone. It's too early to add up the bottom line, but I guess around $35. Then I linked to Kohl's via my Ebates account for 8% cash back. Not to mention Ebates has a $10 bonus if you spend at atleast $10 by clicking from their site. So that drops it down to roughly $25.

Kohl's also has the 250 tc sheet sets for $14.99. With the 15% off code they were showing in the cart at $12.74. Spent $50 on sheet sets, so that gets me another $10 in Kohl's cash. Got the 8% Ebates cash back.

So far these are the only things I consider a "steal". I was able to buy a digital frame online at Walmart yesterday.

So, now I've bought 4 presents and am still feeling kind of blue. Most of the things I had marked either won't appear properly in shopping carts online, or aren't even available online. And then there's the Walmart site performing maintenance ... go figure !

OMG I think I almost died! WalMart was CRAZY - literally thousands of people! I was sure someone was going to be shot! I got on the line at 4:30, finally got in the door at 5:30, & left around 6:30. I got 7 of the $2 DVDs (good titles, I thought!), the recent Indiana Jones for $9, 101 Dalmatians for $10, a Cabbage Patch baby for $10, & 2 of the big collage frames that were $6 - ironically, it was those things that did me in - I had vowed not to get a cart, but I brought an XL Ziploc storage bag to carry stuff in...of course the frames, at 2.5' high & probably 1.5' wide, didn't fit in the bag, so I had to grasp them with my fingers for about a half hour while I went around the store trying to find things - my hands are still shaking, cos I used all these muscles in my hands, wrists, & arms I never knew I had! :curse: Only annoyance was that the hoodie that should have been $8 rang up as $17.xx, so that'll have to go back. Oh, and they didn't have the juniors plus jeans :(

Before I left I got the Rubbermaid containers, FP Walker-to-Wagon, & some DVDs online. Thank god, cos there's no way I would have been able to get those giant boxes around the store!

And now I'm off to Amazon - ta!

Got to Wal*Mart at 4:40 (as always) to see where everything is.

Our store has everything on pallets with shrink wrap. Everyone can crowd around whatever it is they want to get and at 5am the employees cut open the shrink wrap and things start flying.

Well, that is until today.

When we got there, the only associates on the floor were at the registers.

No managers anywhere, no associates manning the pallets.

At 4:45 customers began tearing into the pallets and mayhem ensued.

There was a frenzy of people going apes because it wasn't time yet, and it was a couple minutes before ONE associate started yelling that they couldn't get anything before 5am.

That did no good, and before 5am ever rolled around, most pallets were empty.

You would never know by today that the economy was in poor condition.

This year was the most crowded I have ever seen it .... EVER!

We left Walmart empty handed, went for breakfast, came home & got 90% of our shopping out of the way on Amazon.

I just got back from my local WM and just wanted to tell everyone how wonderful the whole experiance was. I am a BF vet of five years and have never had WM do such a wonderful job. First, they allowed the people in line to use the bathroom. They also gave out free coffee and donuts to everyone in line. This particular WM had a ticket system in place that really stream-lined the operation. And guess what, they had employees police the line for line-jumpers and the such. I was extremely impressed with everything! Good job WM!

We're pretty much finished all our shopping last weekend but could use some new jeans and the vacuum stick they had at Walmart. So, we got up at 4:30, out the door at 4:45. In the Walmart lot at 4:55, walked past all the clowns who were yelling and laughing at us and telling us to go to the back of the line. I looked at a couple of them and said, "gee, you look cold.." :D

Walked into the store 8 minutes later, grabbed 4 pairs of jeans and the vac, walked to the front, first to check out and headed over to Dunkins across the street for a coffee.

Enjoyed a nice coffee and bagel until 6 when Lowe's opened up. It's right next to the Walmart. Walked in, picked up the shop vac that was on sale and a couple .99 pointsettas.

Checked out and home by 6:30.

It's be nice if the bath and body works page would load but if not, I'll survive.

Edited by dtdoda

My BF experience...

First year in many years I decided not to camp out at BB. I got there around 5:45am, found a close parking spot and walked right in the store. It obviously was crowded, but I could have gotten any of the doorbuster laptops. Also, I got the $199 Sony receiver (my sole reason for going) and to my surprise not one had been sold yet. I got Transformers on blu-ray for $10 and Cloverfield on blu-ray for $17. I checked out within 10 minutes too. Keep in mind, this normally is a very busy BB during any part of the year. I was very surprised.

I then went to Boscov's for my wife and got her some boots for $29, which she clearly wanted. Store was pretty empty.

Finally I went to Lowe's, got the $29 Shop Vac, (about 10 left), some $10 tool kits and went home.

Wednesday I got some good deals off Newegg.com. Overall, this was the easiest BF I ever had. I did this as a test, not camping out to see if I could still get everything I wanted, and it worked. I think every doorbuster was still in stock at BB, which surprised me.

Anyway, off to breakfast.

My WM didn't give out free food etc BUT I will say this is the best customer service I've ever had from them on BF. They didn't get the WWE sets w/ bonus figures in and there was one left on the shelf (sans figures) and they let me take it plus pick out 2 figures for the BF price. No hassle whatsoever. Employees were very helpful this year and would go look for stuff for you. Plus plenty of checkouts open and they had lots of stock in almost everything this year- even the XBOX bundles. I was in a state of shock lol.

I got the wrestling ring, 2 wrestlers, 2 portable dvd players and cases, some movies and DS games, jeans, HM dream journal, hoodies, and.....I know I'm forgetting something but I forgot what it was lol.

Hit Amazon and got Carnival Games and Clue/Mouse Trap/Perfection/Aggravation ds

Edited by tdanette
added in my deals

Since the deals aren't so good this year I did all my shopping online and bought more than I had planned on. I only had to pay a small fee for shipping at Walmart.com. Sure beats waiting in line!

Radioshack.com 4 spindles of TDK 50 pack blank DVD+R disks.

Staples.com Sony internal DVD burner and 3 Targas 256-CD/DVD black albums

Walmart.com 2 pairs of Wrangler black jeans

Have not left the house yet, ordered clothes online from Kohls, only frustration is that while I was still finding the last thing I wanted, my cart timed out from inactivity and I had to start over again, grrr. But I think I still did better the 2nd time anyway.... May stop by Walgreens while I go to feed my moms cats this am.

Hit Meijer at 3:30, got everything on my list there (digital photo frames, movies, ended up with a couple of impulse buys...doggie rawhides, bog2 and a plug-in coffee mug for my mom since she's always complaining about hers in the car). Headed to Joanns, laughed at the people at OD next door, bought an iron, some fleece, a bunch of rulers and scissors. Home again home again :) This is the earliest I've ever been done BF shopping; and the least I've bought which is kind of disappointing. I was hoping to get our foster kid some clothes at Gymboree but I don't have a coupon that will work.

I just remembered I need to pick up another spotlight for the front of the house, so I guess we're headed to Lowes. And DH has decided we need to go to TSC; maybe I'll pick up some birdseed.