Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Amazon Toy Deals DISCUSSION Thread - No deal posting in here...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
821 replies to this topic

#121 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:38 am

ME too! And go and return some other stuff. Great deals here. I am shopping for birthdays now!!!

#122 amyandkids  OFFLINE  

amyandkids

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:39 am

Last year they marked down some of the hottest toys of the season to rock bottom prices. It is random, and they go quick. But it is sooo much fun!!

They either go quickly or the price shoots back up soon after it's marked down. You definitely can't debate whether or not to buy it because by the time you decide yes you may not get the good price.

#123 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:39 am

I think it is a good thing that I am going back to work next week............afraid I would spend so much money staying home. YIKES. lOL!

#124 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:40 am

So...........it is just luck.

#125 2knightsandaprincess  OFFLINE  

2knightsandaprincess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:41 am

This is awesome. Totally my favorite place to come to for stuff for the kids.

#126 spwalkhen  OFFLINE  

spwalkhen

I'm Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:42 am

luck mixed with a little bit of compulsion and obsession with good deals!
You never know unless you try.

#127 pinkroses4mommy  OFFLINE  

pinkroses4mommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:42 am

Hmmm.... Maybe I shouldn't have signed up for Prime! I thought I was done shopping! Ok guys, I've got to run get drinks and pizza for the GA/Ga Tech game, so don't post anything good while I'm gone!:D

#128 amyandkids  OFFLINE  

amyandkids

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:44 am

luck mixed with a little bit of compulsion and obsession with good deals!

Yeah that! lol

#129 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:47 am

What is the toy sale all about? Do they just mark down prices on a daily basis? I am new to this so any info would be greatly appreciated! THanks!

The toy sale:

Tons of various toys for kids (maybe adults too?) of all ages. The toys get marked down to very low prices (unheard of prices maybe?). The prices jump up and down and up and down, then down again. The toys sell out quickly, but then mysteriously get restocked (elves???). If you don't have Prime or a Prime trial you will be forever regretting it. I would say the prices of the toys change hourly, sometimes by the minute. You will get glued to your computer!

The sad thing is, this year no price adjustments if the toys you buy go down further. :( But that is okay, we'll live.

Sit your credit card next to your keyboard. When the sale begins, start a full pot of coffee. Stretch your fingers, get your clicking finger ready! The fun will begin soon!

Btw, seriously tho, if you have a spending limit, set it now. Tell yourself when you get to $XXX or whatever, that you are done, and you do have to stick to it, though it will be very hard to do.

#130 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:50 am

Thanks Patty. Is it a certain day or just anytime?? I have bought so much just today. Can't beat the prices. I will be returning things tomorrow. Must cheaper on amazon and you can't beat no tax or shipping.

#131 ourhappyfamily4  OFFLINE  

ourhappyfamily4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:52 am

On the $3 wii wheel above, I clicked to order it, but after reading the reviews I cancelled my order... Just want to warn people to read them before deciding to purchase.

I didn't see this deal posted above, thought I saw the white one for $9.95, if you get the Wii Yellow guitar it is $6.95
http://www.amazon.co...HZ18ECN5QGY2Y3R

I am trying to bide my time for this big sale... I am going to sign up for Prime under DH email at that point. My trial should end in a day or two.

I signed up for the free trial and mine will be running out also( first time of buying online for me ) Would you mind letting us know if it worked ?( signing back up under a new email)? I wonder if you can go ahead and sign up under a new email now before the last few days run out just to make sure you can get it again??

#132 ginabarrett  OFFLINE  

ginabarrett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:55 am

I signed up for the free trial and mine will be running out also( first time of buying online for me ) Would you mind letting us know if it worked ?( signing back up under a new email)? I wonder if you can go ahead and sign up under a new email now before the last few days run out just to make sure you can get it again??

Others on here have done it, it has to be a different name, email, and credit card number. I was not sure if I have to sign up on a different address too and then add myself as a friend to use this address or not though...

I am OVER budget though already! However, I have a TON of things to return that will help my funds again... I had better get back to selling on eBay!

#133 bargaingal2  OFFLINE  

bargaingal2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:56 am

I tried to use my other email to sign up for prime trail again(did it last christmas) but it would not let me

#134 ginabarrett  OFFLINE  

ginabarrett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 9:58 am

Just a side note, I encourage everyone to read reviews but also use your best judgement. Some people give products low ratings because they had a defective product or they had a problem with Amazon's customer service or some other stupid reason. I wouldn't look at a product that got 3 stars and automatically say "No, I'm not going to buy this because it only has 3 stars". I'd read all of the reviews and then decide. I've bought several things on Amazon that had 2 or 3 stars and the items worked well for me.

I totally agree. Some of the complaints with this wheel is that it doesn't allow you to use a button that is needed for part of Mario Kart and that the fit was so rough that their children were unable to use it by themselves. Since I am buying them for that game and we have 4 kids that will be using them, I decided this didn't meet our needs. But I too have bought things with bad reviews, after reading the reviews I decided that their complaints didn't affect our needs. I do LOVE the reviews though, it helps me decide on a lot of items!

#135 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:07 am

I too........have to go and return stuff do break even. I am need to stop coming to this site. I LOVE IT!!

#136 debbieshops2003  OFFLINE  

debbieshops2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:07 am

http://www.amazon.co...ef=pd_sim_vg_18

Posted Image
was 19.95 now 4.95 FS

If i have my mom sign up for the free prime trial, I should be able to be added as a friend on her account dont you think with out any problem?

Oh you are a SMART Cookie!!! I didn't think about that! I'm calling my mom. :D

#137 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:14 am

Thanks!! I think I need to stay away. LOL!! Most of the games that I bought today are halfthe price of what I originally paid. So much returning to do. :eyepoppin I am sure that TRU will look at me funny, but saving money it music to my ears. LOL!!

#138 amyandkids  OFFLINE  

amyandkids

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:18 am

I totally agree. Some of the complaints with this wheel is that it doesn't allow you to use a button that is needed for part of Mario Kart and that the fit was so rough that their children were unable to use it by themselves. Since I am buying them for that game and we have 4 kids that will be using them, I decided this didn't meet our needs. But I too have bought things with bad reviews, after reading the reviews I decided that their complaints didn't affect our needs. I do LOVE the reviews though, it helps me decide on a lot of items!

I also read the reviews and decided against buying it because they weren't very good.

#139 Mrsfunnybones  OFFLINE  

Mrsfunnybones

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:32 am

Just wanted to say that I have had the Kent scooter for two years now, it's a nice scooter!

#140 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:35 am

Any one seen great deals on baby toys or items for boys?

#141 Azzycat  OFFLINE  

Azzycat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:36 am

I also read the reviews and decided against buying it because they weren't very good.

ok, well, thanks... we will try one and can always return the others if they are really that bad. I have a feeling my DD will not care how bad they are as long as she still can use the pink one. Her car will crash anyways, she's only 3. :)

I've only ever returned one item before and I had Prime at the time. For non-Prime returns, do they pay for the return shipping, too?

#142 Azzycat  OFFLINE  

Azzycat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:37 am

What age boy? They have had DS games for boys off an on all morning on sale.

Wait for the toys next week. :D

#143 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:39 am

no.............he is baby. 1 month old.

#144 pinkroses4mommy  OFFLINE  

pinkroses4mommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 Posts
  • Member since 2005

ok, well, thanks... we will try one and can always return the others if they are really that bad. I have a feeling my DD will not care how bad they are as long as she still can use the pink one. Her car will crash anyways, she's only 3. :)

I've only ever returned one item before and I had Prime at the time. For non-Prime returns, do they pay for the return shipping, too?

Do they pay for return shipping for Prime members?

#145 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

WIll the toy sale be on a weekend?

#146 pinkroses4mommy  OFFLINE  

pinkroses4mommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:41 am

Last year they had tons of baby toys in the toy sale. I bought things for $3-$5 (reg. priced at $10-$15), and things for $10-$12 that were reg. priced at $25 & up. It was one of the best sales I've ever seen anywhere!

#147 pinkroses4mommy  OFFLINE  

pinkroses4mommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:44 am

WIll the toy sale be on a weekend?

Last year it was pretty much 24/7 for a couple of weeks. I would go to bed and get up to several pages of new listings. If I went to the bathroom, I would come back to new listings. . . . I know I'm not alone when I say that I didn't get anything done those days!

#148 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:50 am

So....will the sale items be posted on Amazon or do you have to search the site to see what is on sale. WIll gottadeal list the items. I am new so please forgive me for questions that may of already been answered. Thanks!

#149 amyandkids  OFFLINE  

amyandkids

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:53 am

Do they pay for return shipping for Prime members?

I was told that if I can't refuse the shipment and if I don't open the box that I can get a pre-paid return shipping label from Amazon. I am prime so I don't know if that's for everyone or not though.

#150 julz0420  OFFLINE  

julz0420

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 29, 2008 - 10:57 am

So....will the sale items be posted on Amazon or do you have to search the site to see what is on sale. WIll gottadeal list the items. I am new so please forgive me for questions that may of already been answered.

Thanks!

No they will be on Amazon. We (as a group) find the deals on the site and post them here for everyone to see. You can either search around on amazon yourself to find deals or just watch here as most will at some point get posted. :)

Julie
Mom to Madison 13
and Lucas 6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users